Liberals for wealth redistribution

First off....I don't think we should have a $250,000+ crowd
We should have a $2,500,000+ crowd and tax them at 39%

The $250,000 crowd should be taxed at 29.72%

Let's stick to what is.....and that is the 250,000+ crowd. Thanks for giving me a % for them. Now should they also get taxed for the healthcare? See where I'm going here? Add the income tax, plus the healthcare....then go for the state income tax, it could easily add up to 60% or maybe even more of their income....is this fair?

????????

What makes you think healthcare will raise the rate to 60%??

Healthcare should be paid for by policy holders and employers

The essential building block of health care reform is that because the majority of the 32 million who will now be insured are younger and healthier, their premiums will more than pay for the health services they need which will spread the cost of care for older enrollees not yet eligible for Medicare. More people buying insurance should mean premiums across the board will fall, including those premiums paid by employers for the cost of insurance pools.

Let's stick to what is.....and that is the 250,000+ crowd. Thanks for giving me a % for them. Now should they also get taxed for the healthcare? See where I'm going here? Add the income tax, plus the healthcare....then go for the state income tax, it could easily add up to 60% or maybe even more of their income....is this fair?

????????

The essential building block of health care reform is that because the majority of the 32 million who will now be insured are younger and healthier, their premiums will more than pay for the health services they need which will spread the cost of care for older enrollees not yet eligible for Medicare. More people buying insurance should mean premiums across the board will fall, including those premiums paid by employers for the cost of insurance pools.

The fact that you trust the government scares the piss out of me.

Regarding the assertions by businesses that they are hoarding profits because of the uncertainty of the impact of future taxes, while I can understand that they don't particularly LIKE the idea of having to shell out more by way of taxes, to claim that they don't know what the tax burden will be is ludicrous. It's been spelled out completely, and there's no reason why (assuming they want to remain in business) that they can't begin reframing their product goals accordingly.

It's all here:

The Tax Foundation - List of Tax Provisions Scheduled to Expire on December 31, 2010

Keep in mind that legitimate business expenses are not taxable. Wages and salaries, facilities, expansions are not taxed

Profits are taxed.

Regarding the assertions by businesses that they are hoarding profits because of the uncertainty of the impact of future taxes, while I can understand that they don't particularly LIKE the idea of having to shell out more by way of taxes, to claim that they don't know what the tax burden will be is ludicrous. It's been spelled out completely, and there's no reason why (assuming they want to remain in business) that they can't begin reframing their product goals accordingly.

It's all here:

The Tax Foundation - List of Tax Provisions Scheduled to Expire on December 31, 2010

Yes, because certainly they aren't saying "We don't know what this fool Obama will do next, so we need to have reserves."

He has no authority to just DO whatever he wants.

They're hoarding money because they are fearful the economy is going to go flat again, and because it makes no sense to increase production if the consumers have no money.

Blaming the government for what corporations do is SOP for the anti-regulatory forces in this nation.

Obviously, the $1.3 trillion or so isn't just sitting around collecting dust. It's being invested somewhere, but not by investing in America's future, that's for sure. Here's what I don't get as far as the logic in that.

Businesses fear some unknown quantifier will raise their taxes even higher than expected, so they've decided to just sit there being unproductive until they have some sort of guarantee. Meanwhile, they are either depleting their existing inventory (which eventually will have to be replaced) or their production is halted. Therefore, profits are also going to suffer in either scenario as they continue to sit around and wait for some miracle which isn't coming.

BUT, if they started hiring again, production would increase, profits would likewise increase, and any tax increase would become (again) simply a cost of doing business. Working people would have money to spend and put back into circulation and consumer confidence would once again be on the rise. The unemployed would no longer be a drain on the GOVERNMENT because they would no longer require taxpayer-funded social umbrellas for survival.

But wait. Isn't that how capitalism is supposed to work?

????????

Let's just say I trust less insurance companies that refuse to pay for covered treatment, doctors and hospitals that overcharge, pharmaceutical companies that charge outrageous prices for medicines until their patent expires allowing generic drugs on the market, credit card companies who have already figured out ways to still gouge customers, agri-farms that are allowed to monopolize every piece of purchased food I put in my mouth, and...shall I go on?

????????

And you trust the Insurance Companies?

Lets see, the Government we have almost no input in, since we at most control 1 person in a 435 seat House and 2 people in a 100 seat Senate, OR a company I CHOSE to pay, one that DEPENDS on customer payments to stay in business. Hum that IS a tough choice indeed.

Lets see, the Government we have almost no input in, since we at most control 1 person in a 435 seat House and 2 people in a 100 seat Senate, OR a company I CHOSE to pay, one that DEPENDS on customer payments to stay in business. Hum that IS a tough choice indeed.

The insurance company profits by maximizing premiums and limiting their payouts to you

And you trust THEM with your life?

Think of it like getting beat up. You're cornered by the bullies, you know you're going to get it. You're bound so you can't defend yourself.

Would I rather be punched in the eye, what I see with? That's the govt.

Or would I rather be punched in the stomach, knocking the air out of me but the pain will subside after a short time? That's the insurance companies.

I'll be punched in the stomach, thanks. I'd kinda like to see without the pain.

The insurance company profits by maximizing premiums and limiting their payouts to you

You can always forgo insurance and pay for your medical treatment out-of-pocket....You have no such choice with gubmint compulsion.

You can always forgo insurance and pay for your medical treatment out-of-pocket....You have no such choice with gubmint compulsion.
That too, but his absurdities are ridiculous all the same.

Try to keep up with the thread Dude

Yes you can pay a $250,000 medical bill out of pocket. But 90% of Americans can't

The government "compulsion" will make sure you are covered in the event of severe illness

Ironically, RGS would still be able to choose his own private insurer for which he would still need to pay a premium, but that premium should be far less with better coverage because the insurer would represent a pool of many other subscribers. He continues to think that what passed was universal health care funded by the government.

Ironically, RGS would still be able to choose his own private insurer for which he would still need to pay a premium, but that premium should be far less with better coverage because the insurer would represent a pool of many other subscribers. He continues to think that what passed was universal health care funded by the government.

Shhh........Fox News watcher

Try to keep up with the thread Dude

Yes you can pay a $250,000 medical bill out of pocket. But 90% of Americans can't

The government "compulsion" will make sure you are covered in the event of severe illness
Nobody can pay $250,000 for a house out of pocket, either. Yet, hundreds upon hundreds of them are sold every day.

So the Dudes answer to massive , out of control healthcare bills is a 30 year Mortgage on your cancer treatments

thanks for participatig Dude

The costs are out of control because there's too much interference with normal market forces, not too little.

Nonetheless, just because something is expensive is as flimsy a reason as there is for creating a gargantuan federal Rube Goldberg, in order to try and make it "free".

Forum List

Back