Liberal Logic- DC Bill Will Pay Residents Stipends to not Commit Crime

I am certainly glad you bunch of idiots are not in my family... The stipend pays for behavior therapy, which seems to be working..

Therapy? :badgrin::woohoo:

How about an ass kicking therapy? How about parents making this happen instead or rewarding them. This shows the punishment for crimes are not severe enough. Prison should be all that is needed to convince a thug to fly straight, Not 9K.

-Geaux
Many people do not have the coping skills...Ain't it a shame...??

I am certainly glad you bunch of idiots are not in my family... The stipend pays for behavior therapy, which seems to be working..

I have read 4 different articles and have not seen where it says they have to use the money to pay for therapy.
Under the bill, city officials would identify up to 200 people a year who are considered at risk of either committing or becoming victims of violent crime. Those people would be directed to participate in behavioral therapy and other programs. If they fulfill those obligations and stay out of trouble, they would be paid.

I love these conservative narratives - they fill the children's minds as the fox steals the chickens. How about this one? Carly Fiorina was given something like 20 million for failing to do good at HP/Compaq. Has anyone ever heard a right winger mention this sort of welfare? Or look at the salary and perks of our representatives who do really nothing? The right wing is so hypnotized they only look in one direction while the corporate crooks smile and off shore their livelihood. :)

"A great transformation of American politics began during the years that Ronald Reagan was in the White House. This might not, at first, have appeared the likely outcome of his two administrations. Conservative activists (the same ones who would in later years celebrate Reagan as a saint) struggled during the 1980s with various disappointments: as president, Reagan did not end abortion, he met with Soviet leader Mikhail Corbachev, and he failed to eliminate the welfare state or even notably shrink government bureaucracies. And the enthusiasm within the business community that followed his election did not last long, as the economy sank into a deep recession, with unemployment rising to nearly 10 percent in 1982. As the manufacturing belt began to rust over, political conflicts between industrial companies desperately seeking subsidies and protection and those businesses that were able to thrive in global free markets grew more heated and intense. Tensions erupted between the owners of stock - newly confident and aggressive about using their financial power to compel management to do anything to raise returns - and career corporate executives. Today, the economic changes that began during the 1980s have an air of inevitability about them - the advent of globalization, the shift to a service economy. But at the time these transformations proved devastating to many of the manufacturing companies that had once most vociferously protested the New Deal.

And yet over the course of the decade the old skepticism toward business that had been born in the Great Depression and reawakened for a new generation in the Vietnam era finally began to disappear. The economic transformations of the decade would be interpreted through the framework of the free market vision. The 1970s campaigns to revive the image of capitalism among college students bore fruit in the 1980s. Universities created new centers for the study of business themes such as entrepreneurship. Students in Free Enterprise, a group started in 1975 to bring students together to "discuss what they might do to counteract the stultifying criticism of American business," thrived on small college campuses, funded by companies like Coors, Dow Chemical, and Walmart (as well as the Business Roundtable). The group organized battles of the bands, at which prizes would be doled out to the best pro-business rock anthems, helped silkscreen T-shirts with pro-capitalist messages, and created skits based on Milton Friedman's writings, which college students would perform in local elementary schools. In the workplace, the decline of the old manufacturing cities of [he North and Midwest and the rise of the sprawling suburbs of the Sunbelt metropolises marked the rise of a new economic culture, dominated by companies such as Walmart and Home Depot and Barnes & Noble." Kim Phillips-Fein ('Invisible Hands')

I have read 4 different articles and have not seen where it says they have to use the money to pay for therapy.
Under the bill, city officials would identify up to 200 people a year who are considered at risk of either committing or becoming victims of violent crime. Those people would be directed to participate in behavioral therapy and other programs. If they fulfill those obligations and stay out of trouble, they would be paid.

Yeah? and...?
All over the articles it clearly states the individuals will get a check...it never at anytime even hints that they have to use that money to pay for the therapy.
Keep reaching.

I love these conservative narratives - they fill the children's minds as the fox steals the chickens. How about this one? Carly Fiorina was given something like 20 million for failing to do good at HP/Compaq. Has anyone ever heard a right winger mention this sort of welfare? Or look at the salary and perks of our representatives who do really nothing? The right wing is so hypnotized they only look in one direction while the corporate crooks smile and off shore their livelihood. :)

"A great transformation of American politics began during the years that Ronald Reagan was in the White House. This might not, at first, have appeared the likely outcome of his two administrations. Conservative activists (the same ones who would in later years celebrate Reagan as a saint) struggled during the 1980s with various disappointments: as president, Reagan did not end abortion, he met with Soviet leader Mikhail Corbachev, and he failed to eliminate the welfare state or even notably shrink government bureaucracies. And the enthusiasm within the business community that followed his election did not last long, as the economy sank into a deep recession, with unemployment rising to nearly 10 percent in 1982. As the manufacturing belt began to rust over, political conflicts between industrial companies desperately seeking subsidies and protection and those businesses that were able to thrive in global free markets grew more heated and intense. Tensions erupted between the owners of stock - newly confident and aggressive about using their financial power to compel management to do anything to raise returns - and career corporate executives. Today, the economic changes that began during the 1980s have an air of inevitability about them - the advent of globalization, the shift to a service economy. But at the time these transformations proved devastating to many of the manufacturing companies that had once most vociferously protested the New Deal.

And yet over the course of the decade the old skepticism toward business that had been born in the Great Depression and reawakened for a new generation in the Vietnam era finally began to disappear. The economic transformations of the decade would be interpreted through the framework of the free market vision. The 1970s campaigns to revive the image of capitalism among college students bore fruit in the 1980s. Universities created new centers for the study of business themes such as entrepreneurship. Students in Free Enterprise, a group started in 1975 to bring students together to "discuss what they might do to counteract the stultifying criticism of American business," thrived on small college campuses, funded by companies like Coors, Dow Chemical, and Walmart (as well as the Business Roundtable). The group organized battles of the bands, at which prizes would be doled out to the best pro-business rock anthems, helped silkscreen T-shirts with pro-capitalist messages, and created skits based on Milton Friedman's writings, which college students would perform in local elementary schools. In the workplace, the decline of the old manufacturing cities of [he North and Midwest and the rise of the sprawling suburbs of the Sunbelt metropolises marked the rise of a new economic culture, dominated by companies such as Walmart and Home Depot and Barnes & Noble." Kim Phillips-Fein ('Invisible Hands')

Must you write a freaking book every time? You should look in a mirror you want to run down people.

Yeah? and...?
All over the articles it clearly states the individuals will get a check...it never at anytime even hints that they have to use that money to pay for the therapy.
Keep reaching.
The therapy is part of the getting the check, do you understand how rehabilitation works?

Must you write a freaking book every time? You should look in a mirror you want to run down people.
great word salad !!!

The bill doesn't specify the value of the stipends, but participants in the California program receive up to $9,000 per year.

AND.., exactly how does Commiefornia verify who does or does not commit a crime, this sounds as stupid as anything i have ever heard about, "hey Gov, i am a criminal, now give me my $9,000.00 and i'll stop being/saying i am a criminal" :lmao:

So the victims have to participate in therapy? More stupid libtarded ideas.

Yeah? and...?
Keep reaching.
The therapy is part of the getting the check, do you understand how rehabilitation works?

Not sure if you are being obtuse or wishful thinking....yes they are required to take PROVIDED therapy...at no point in the article did I see ...AND they have to pay for it....nowhere.

So the victims have to participate in therapy? More stupid libtarded ideas.

Which is provided for them at no cost...which is likely to be another $3-$4000 on top of the $9000

I don't know who's worse, the dumbass politicians for dreaming this stupid shit up, or the goofballs who elected them.

Forum List

Back