Liberal Facebook Friend's Take on Obamacare

As anti-ObamaCare as I am, I have a bit of skepticism about her claim. I get insurance through my employer so I don't need to go through an exchange, but for shits and giggles and I went on the Silver State Exchange Web site and put in my information just to see what I would qualify for. With an income this year of $93,000 I was able to sign up for a Bronze Plan with a $5 or 6k deductible with a premium of $220 a month. That is still a monumental rip off, but nowhere the raping she is claiming. Granted, the cost of these plans vary wildly from state to state, so she may not be exaggerating, but that still seems like an awful lot for just one person. I have to wonder if she was looking at the most expensive plan.

Having a $5K deductible is like have no insurance and $220 for a $5K deductible is insane. She claimed a $2K deductible. Got back and look at the premium when you more than cut in half your deductible.

Marginally informed people should never vote. .
First off she isn't marginally informed!!! I guarantee she would run circles around you small fry!

I have ZERO sympathy for lazy citizens. ZERO.
She is ANYTHING but lazy, so take your assumptions and shove it.

Your friend is fucked, good. It will take many thousands more before a ground swell forms large enough to make a difference
I wouldn't say she is fucked, but she is in trouble. Glad to know you take pleasure in other people's pain. Karma is a bitch you know!

No need for you to take this personally, chum. Your friend is an idiot, and by that I mean, she's an idiot.

A lazy citizen in the context of this discussion, is a person too lazy to really explore the bullshit she is being sold, intellectually lazy, marginally informred. This isn't about me, but she couldn't run rings around my collar.

I take no pleasure in your friend's pain, but I feel no pity either, because without her pain, and the pains of millions of other rubes who were duped by President Fuckface and His Dog and Pony Show, nothing will ever change. Your friend has only herself to blame and I hope she wakes up for good, and maybe, just maybe thinks about this whole shitty mess beyond her own fucking bank account.

I'm not sure what she makes, nor do I know how she got the $300-$400 amount.

the aouint of very low 200-250 is for the under-29 crowd only.

Age is a big factor in the amount of the premium.

You can go on the website and play with the figures yourself.

But her amount is actually correct - if you are over 29 your premium is going to be no less than 350-400.

She is my age, 35-36

Forum List

Back