LGBT Staff Won't Serve Christians

My question is, why is a minister taking his party to an openly gay and lesbian establishment? Also, do the people that he invited to that place know it's ran by homosexuals and homosexual supporters? How do the Christians who were supposed to be part of this feel? And, final question, if the minister knew about the establishment beforehand, what was his motive, was he going to use this as a publicity stunt for his church by saying he wanted to "convert" all the gays working there?

I hear the deserts were devine!

have you seen the contract?

You're not this thick. It's not possible.

In most states a contract, except for certain things, need not be in writing to be valid.

Since we know that the restaurant owner admits the agreement existed, there very well could be a valid verbal contract.

Marener is just shitposting.

They no longer had second hand smoke killing them. A winning situation.

Yeah, it was great...except for the almost-50% pay cut they took overnight. You never made a living as a waitress or bartender, so you are, of course, fine with that.

Hey what happened to "Bake the Cake"?

I wonder if they would serve a group of Muslims that came in? I'm guessing yes, because that's different.

Let them see if they can keep the doors open just serving faghadsit. Good, moral people will avoid the place once the word gets out.

The Figure Skating Federation of Canada is making changes. The definition of "team" has been updated to reflect gender diversity on the way to the podium.
"The definition of 'team' has been updated to reflect gender diversity": The Figure Skating Federation of Canada has allowed dance duets and sports pairs to perform at their competitions, which will be made up of skaters of the same sex. Previously, the concepts of "duo" and "couple" were defined as "one woman - one man". Now the concepts of "figure skater A", "figure skater B", "lifting partner", "lifting partner", as well as "slave" and "leader" are introduced.
Karen Butcher, President of the Canadian Figure Skating Federation: Thanks to the innovation, many figure skating representatives in Canada will get new opportunities for sports. This change is related to the removal of barriers to participation in figure skating, and we believe it will have a significant impact on ensuring that all gender identities are recognized and accepted equally and without prejudice. This change has been collectively approved by Skate Canada and will allow new partnerships to be established in the pair disciplines and in ice dancing.

They also got to ballroom dancing:

"How can I blame flies for fucking? However, when they do it on my head, it makes me angry. So are the faggots. When in quiet solitude they do what their souls are drawn to, who will object?
But they arrange torchlight processions and chain themselves to lanterns on the embankment, blow pipes, beat drums and shout, so that everyone knows about their temper — that they fuck in the ass. Truly, they are worse than flies, because flies only occasionally sin on my head, and faggots try to copulate in the very center of it day after day. Flies by thoughtlessness, faggots in cold blood and consciously. And through that, I realize that they don't want to fuck each other, but everyone, and forcibly, and mutual sodomus is only an excuse for them." (с) Victor Pelevin

The history of same-sex marriage in the United States in one file
Same-sex marriage was legalized throughout the United States on June 26, 2015. Today, Biden signed a law on the recognition of same-sex marriages in the United States at the federal level. So far, the sаme sex marriages are voluntary.

You're not this thick. It's not possible.

Marener is just shitposting.

Yeah, it was great...except for the almost-50% pay cut they took overnight. You never made a living as a waitress or bartender, so you are, of course, fine with that.
Don’t pretend to know the stipulations of a contract you haven’t seen.

People aren’t stupid. They know when you’re talking out your ass.

Let them see if they can keep the doors open just serving faghadsit. Good, moral people will avoid the place once the word gets out.

"Good, moral people will avoid the place once the word gets out"?

Maybe. But the rest of the people who aren't bigoted idiots will more than likely go there. I'm guessing the preacher chose the place because he'd heard about the food being good, but didn't know about the gay people working there. Interestingly enough, most gay people know a great deal about food and how to make some pretty good stuff.

Stop playing stupid. We both know there was a contract.
The contract isn't really the interesting issue here. The issue is whether a business can discriminate against people for political reasons.

To avoid the contract problem, they simply need to advertise that they won't serve whomever it is they don't want to serve. The question is whether they should be allowed to do that.

"Good, moral people will avoid the place once the word gets out"?

Maybe. But the rest of the people who aren't bigoted idiots will more than likely go there. I'm guessing the preacher chose the place because he'd heard about the food being good, but didn't know about the gay people working there. Interestingly enough, most gay people know a great deal about food and how to make some pretty good stuff.

Seems to me the only bigoted people in this story were the staff that refused to serve paying customers. Oh, let's not forget the manager who breached a contract based on that bigotry.

The issue is whether a business is required to provide it's services to all people regardless of their sexuality or in this case their religious beliefs.

It's not an issue of whether people can be forced to do thinks that violate their beliefs, it's an issue of whether states have the power to instantiate standards that businesses must meet. Businesses are not people. No one has an inalienable right to do business.

If people were being asked to bake cakes or hold parties in their private homes for people whose sexuality or religious beliefs they didn't approve of, of course they could refuse.

But if you are running a business, you must meet the state and local regulations or you must close down that business.

That is what this is really about.

The issue is whether a business is required to provide it's services to all people regardless of their sexuality or in this case their religious beliefs.

It's not an issue of whether people can be forced to do thinks that violate their beliefs, it's an issue of whether states have the power to instantiate standards that businesses must meet.
If enforcing those standards requires government to force people to do things that violate their beliefs, that's very much the issue. Circular rationalizations not withstanding.
Businesses are not people.
Yeah, they are. They are groups of people, sometimes just one person.
No one has an inalienable right to do business.
Yeah, they do.
If people were being asked to bake cakes or hold parties in their private homes for people whose sexuality or religious beliefs they didn't approve of, of course they could refuse. But if you are running a business, you must meet the state and local regulations or you must close down that business.

No. We don't have to forfeit our rights simply because we're trading with someone else.

That's what this is really all about.

It doesn’t even matter because even if there was a contract, we both know that you haven’t seen it.

Stop playing stupid. There was a contract, this is not in dispute.

The contract isn't really the interesting issue here. The issue is whether a business can discriminate against people for political reasons.
No, this is a breach of contract case-open and shut.

It's not an issue of whether people can be forced to do thinks that violate their beliefs, it's an issue of whether states have the power to instantiate standards that businesses must meet. Businesses are not people. No one has an inalienable right to do business.

If people were being asked to bake cakes or hold parties in their private homes for people whose sexuality or religious beliefs they didn't approve of, of course they could refuse.

But if you are running a business, you must meet the state and local regulations or you must close down that business.

That is what this is really about.

No.

"Local regulations" don't get to violate the Constitution.

No, this is a breach of contract case-open and shut.
Sure. But that's not the interesting question.

Do you think a business has a right to discriminate? Should they have been allowed to express clearly, beforehand, that they won't serve people with anti-homosexual views?

Forum List

Back