LGBT Staff Won't Serve Christians

That's not the issue.
That's the issue that I find interesting about this case. I think these discrimination laws are overreaching and basically an attempt at thought control. Racism and bigotry suck, but this is the wrong way to deal with them.

That's the issue that I find interesting about this case. I think these discrimination laws are overreaching and basically an attempt at thought control. Racism and bigotry suck, but this is the wrong way to deal with them.
Correct.
Nothing prevents challenging discrimination laws on the basis they violate the rights of those supposedly doing the discriminating.

A business is not a person.
It can be. It's either that or a group of people.

Perhaps you'd like to show me a business that isn't people. I'm having a hard time seeingit.
There is nothing new about governments regulating businesses.
Nope. Nothing new about overreaching government in general. It's been kind of the standard up until a few hundred years ago. But we're descending back into it thanks to people like you.

Agreed... there's a price to pay for the first amendment, you have to take the trash with the treasure. The left doesn't get this, and wants to use gov't power to protect people from offensive language...

But that only opens the door to gov't abuse of power and disenfranchising the population, which has happened over and over and over and over in history with tragic results. It's predictable, but yet they'd rather trade opening the door to the latest totalitarian dictator to virtue signal and connect themselves to the nearest safe space, the white-knight saviors... it's so void of thought and so full of merely emotion.

What do you mean?
Step 1: Make a vague term like "hate speech" illegal
Step 2: Label normal political opposition as "hate speech"
Step 3: Normal political opposition is now illegal, thus forced out of the overton window
Step 4: Use gov't institutions to actively seek out these people who don't think correctly.

Step 1: Make a vague term like "hate speech" illegal
Step 2: Label normal political opposition as "hate speech"
Step 3: Normal political opposition is now illegal, thus forced out of the overton window
Step 4: Use gov't institutions to actively seek out these people who don't think correctly.
"Earth, Germany, 1938."
-J. Kirk

It can be. It's either that or a group of people.

Perhaps you'd like to show me a business that isn't people. I'm having a hard time seeingit.

Nope. Nothing new about overreaching government in general. It's been kind of the standard up until a few hundred years ago. But we're descending back into it thanks to people like you.

People may own a business and people may work for a business, but people are not a business.

If you don't understand that you should never have passed high school biology class. (or grammar school)

Go ahead. Just be ready to prove they're ", Christian"...

Oh snap
Don't have to because no Christian would deny their belief in their god for any reason right? All I have to do is ask. If they lie their god will punish them.

You're just mincing words to cover up the fact that you want government to bully people to conform to your preferences.

Nonsense. I want the government to have the power to set business standards and regulations. Nothing new about it.

Nonsense. I want the government to have the power to set business standards and regulations. Nothing new about it.
You're right. Overbearing government is nothing new. It's always been shit. Yet you want ever more.

Use whatever euphemisms you want - you want to force others to conform to your preferences. Some of you seem to think that's the purpose of government.

Forum List

Back