Letter from the gallows in Iran: “I felt the shadow of execution over my head”

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
You can imagine how those who were among the minorities living in Iran are relieved that they escaped when they hear of something like this.

• Letter from the gallows in Iran: “I felt the shadow of execution over my head”

6 March 2015, 15:56 UTC

Picture: APGraphicsBank

We rarely hear a first-hand account of those languishing on death row in Iran. But a letter has just emerged from Hamed Ahmadi, a man executed on Wednesday 4 March after a grossly unfair trial. It gives a rare glimpse of the agony endured by those prisoners who know all is about to end.

“It is all finished”, the guard said, confirming the worst.

On the other side of the thick brick wall of Raja’i Shahr prison in Karaj, west of Teheran, are the bodies of six Sunni men from Iran’s Kurdish minority, each hanging from a noose.

Continue reading at:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/articles/news/2015/03/letter-from-the-gallows-in-iran

The death penalty is a crime against humanity. I agree.

USA: Another ‘botched’ execution underscores call to abolish death penalty

30 April 2014, 00:00 UTC

"Last night’s “botched” execution in Oklahoma provides yet another stark reason why authorities across the USA should impose an immediate moratorium on judicial killing and work for abolition of this inescapably cruel punishment, Amnesty International said today.
Witnesses have described how the condemned man, Clayton Lockett, began to gasp and writhe after he had been declared unconscious and when the second and third drugs began to be administered. At that stage, about 16 minutes after the lethal injection process had begun, officials drew a curtain across the viewing window, preventing witnesses from seeing what was happening. Almost half an hour later, Clayton Lockett was pronounced dead of a heart attack.

USA Another botched execution underscores call to abolish death penalty Amnesty International

You can imagine how those who were among the minorities living in Iran are relieved that they escaped when they hear of something like this.

• Letter from the gallows in Iran: “I felt the shadow of execution over my head”

We rarely hear a first-hand account of those languishing on death row in Iran. But a letter has just emerged from Hamed Ahmadi, a man executed on Wednesday 4 March after a grossly unfair trial. It gives a rare glimpse of the agony endured by those prisoners who know all is about to end.

On the other side of the thick brick wall of Raja’i Shahr prison in Karaj, west of Teheran, are the bodies of six Sunni men from Iran’s Kurdish minority, each hanging from a noose.

Continue reading at:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/articles/news/2015/03/letter-from-the-gallows-in-iran
I got page not found.

"Last night’s “botched” execution in Oklahoma provides yet another stark reason why authorities across the USA should impose an immediate moratorium on judicial killing and work for abolition of this inescapably cruel punishment, Amnesty International said today.
Witnesses have described how the condemned man, Clayton Lockett, began to gasp and writhe after he had been declared unconscious and when the second and third drugs began to be administered. At that stage, about 16 minutes after the lethal injection process had begun, officials drew a curtain across the viewing window, preventing witnesses from seeing what was happening. Almost half an hour later, Clayton Lockett was pronounced dead of a heart attack.

USA Another botched execution underscores call to abolish death penalty Amnesty International

Oh, Haniyah, are all Muslim converts such hoots like you are? The people who are executed here in the U.S. were murderers (and most murderers spend their lives on Death Row and die of old age). However, your new brethren happen to execute people who have different beliefs than they do or the person happens to be Gay. Surely you have seen all those pictures of Gays swinging in the breeze at the end of a noose in Iran. By the way, can you tell us if any women in the U.S. has been stoned to death for adultery like you see in the Muslim world? Such a shame that Haniya didn't meet Charlies Manson. She appears like she would have been a good candidate for his group. Gosh, if she happened to be a man, she might have volunteered to rape those young Baha'i women in prison before they are killed the next day. After all, didn't Mohammed say to never murder a virgin?

Continue reading at:

I got page not found.

If you can't get

Letter from the gallows in Iran I felt the shadow of execution over my head Amnesty International

Go to Google and type in LETTER FROM THE GALLOWS IN IRAN: "I FELT THE SHADOW OF EXECUTION OVER MY HEAD"

Continue reading at:

I got page not found.

If you can't get

Letter from the gallows in Iran I felt the shadow of execution over my head Amnesty International

Go to Google and type in LETTER FROM THE GALLOWS IN IRAN: "I FELT THE SHADOW OF EXECUTION OVER MY HEAD"

Too much trouble for something that really does't concern me.

Continue reading at:

Do tell ... :cool:

Oh, Haniyah, are all Muslim converts such hoots like you are? The people who are executed here in the U.S. were murderers (and most murderers spend their lives on Death Row and die of old age). However, your new brethren happen to execute people who have different beliefs than they do or the person happens to be Gay. Surely you have seen all those pictures of Gays swinging in the breeze at the end of a noose in Iran. By the way, can you tell us if any women in the U.S. has been stoned to death for adultery like you see in the Muslim world? Such a shame that Haniya didn't meet Charlies Manson. She appears like she would have been a good candidate for his group. Gosh, if she happened to be a man, she might have volunteered to rape those young Baha'i women in prison before they are killed the next day. After all, didn't Mohammed say to never murder a virgin?

As I said, as a Roman Catholic I am against the death penalty. Socially backward societies, such as many Muslim societies, and others adhere to the death penalty. Why do you have such fantasies?

Maybe you should be concerned with the barbarism and torture going on in Iranian prisons, and the oppression of Christians and minorities in Iran, you fraud of an America hating Muslim convert pretending to be a Christian.

Continue reading at:

Do tell ... :cool:

She did. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back