Let's talk booze

I enjoy liqueur mostly the sweet kind, such as Benedictine, Grand Marnier, Drambuie, Irish Mist, Kahlua and Tia Maria, on special occasions, but the taste and price compromise (you know, most for your money), my everyday - and I mean EVERYDAY - favorite drink is Yukon Jack.

All of these plus rum, whiskey, tequila, scotch, brandy etc. strictly straight up from shooter glass.

On my travels - coast to coast in Canada and every state in the United States - I picked up one or more shooters, tried them and now they are mounted in my rec room bar, occupying roughly 24 square foot of wall space, appr. 360 shooters.

I also adore strong beer such as Faxe or La Fin Du Mond.

First, congrats on moving on. Good for you. Stay happy and healthy! Consider yourself luck, some never escape what you've been through. I know way too many.

My favorite beer is Third Stone Brown.

Favorite in the harder lines is Templeton Rye, incredibly smooth. I won't turn down Makers Mark either.

[MENTION=43245]Pop23[/MENTION] - More than a year since I started this thread and since this reply. My apologies for not getting back to it.

Thanks very much. I almost didn't get out. Sometime I'll write about making a run for it, hiding out in Tucson and then flying in the opposite direction that everyone thought I did. I've never looked back, never regretted what I did.

My current scotch inventory;

Abelour 12
Bunnahabhain 12
Bunnahabhain 18
Bruichladdich 16
Clynelish 14
Clynelish Distillers
Costco 18
Costco 20
Edradour 10
Edradour 12
Glendronach 12
Glendronach 15
Glendronach 18
Glenglassaugh Revival
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
Macallan 12
Macallan 18
Oban 14
Oban 18
Oban Distillers
Tobermory 15
Tullibardine 15

I just bought the Glenglassaugh. It's superb.

[MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION], you forgot to include your street address ...

Back in my misspent youth living in NYC, I used to love scotch. With Drambuie ... Rusty Nails. Yummy stuff and all booze.

These days, I drink "responsibly".

I'm giving up beer. I need to drop some poundage. I used to be a big fan of the stouts and wheat beers.

I drink mostly Jameson on the rocks, or Bloody Marys. I have a good recipe for a very tasty BM, and my daughter makes a killer gespacho one as we'll. healthy and fun.

I gave up most wine for teh same reason - calories. Not hard to put away 160 calories in one glass of wine and I like wine.

The thing about Bloody Mary's is I prefer straight Bloody Mary mix.

That's my big tip for drinks on an airplane - Bloody Mary mix is tasty, has a bit of nutrition and less than half the calories than soda.

My current scotch inventory;

Abelour 12
Bunnahabhain 12
Bunnahabhain 18
Bruichladdich 16
Clynelish 14
Clynelish Distillers
Costco 18
Costco 20
Edradour 10
Edradour 12
Glendronach 12
Glendronach 15
Glendronach 18
Glenglassaugh Revival
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
Macallan 12
Macallan 18
Oban 14
Oban 18
Oban Distillers
Tobermory 15
Tullibardine 15

I just bought the Glenglassaugh. It's superb.

[MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION], you forgot to include your street address ...

Back in my misspent youth living in NYC, I used to love scotch. With Drambuie ... Rusty Nails. Yummy stuff and all booze.

These days, I drink "responsibly".

I do too!

2-3 a night.

I finished my Glenmorangie and Aberlour and will not be replenishing.

I bought a Glendronach 21 from the UK. Great stuff.

Forum List

Back