CDZ Let's Take Over Syria!

Elvis Obama

VIP Member
Nov 2, 2015
And Iraq too. Let's merge them into one country, Syraq.

A silly fantasy, of course. Just food for thought. The only way to make such an idea work is to have China, Russia, the EU and the US on the same page. The we could run it like Berlin after WWII, with each entity in control of its own sector. Or like Japan, except each entity would have control for ten year periods.

I would guess this project would take about two centuries. The goal is to create a stable, economically successful state in the midst of the cesspool that is the Middle East. A haven for all those people in the region who are crushed under religious fanaticism and ruthless dictatorship. To consolidate the talents of the region and accelerated modernization.

Why? Because the Middle East is too much damn trouble. Ninth Century mentalities are tolerable only so long as they stay within their borders and don't bother anyone. The only sure-fire cure for terrorism is a thriving middle-class. Something which provides disaffected youth with an alternative to religious fanaticism. We cannot trust any of the governments of the Middle East to achieve this for their young people. These countries are in desperate need of training wheels.

And install a general as the governor!

Why not? The U.S. in its history has installed several generals as President.

Off Topic:
Does anyone know whether an active officer in the U.S. military can run for and sit as President?
Well, technically we elected them. DD Eisenhower was put in charge of Japan though, by appointment. It should definitely be a hard-ass. I think it's a perfect job for Trump.

And install a general as the governor!

Why not? The U.S. in its history has installed several generals as President.

Off Topic:
Does anyone know whether an active officer in the U.S. military can run for and sit as President?
Well, technically we elected them. DD Eisenhower was put in charge of Japan though, by appointment. It should definitely be a hard-ass. I think it's a perfect job for Trump.

"Installed," "elected," "coronated," etc., the outcome is the same: a person for whom a significant share and pinnacle of their success (prior to installation as a nation's top leader) accrued from their applying military disciplines and principles in the armed forces.

I think the perfect job for Mr. Trump is the one he has: CEO of Trump Organization.

A silly fantasy, of course. Just food for thought. The only way to make such an idea work is to have China, Russia, the EU and the US on the same page. The we could run it like Berlin after WWII, with each entity in control of its own sector. Or like Japan, except each entity would have control for ten year periods.

I would guess this project would take about two centuries. The goal is to create a stable, economically successful state in the midst of the cesspool that is the Middle East. A haven for all those people in the region who are crushed under religious fanaticism and ruthless dictatorship. To consolidate the talents of the region and accelerated modernization.

Why? Because the Middle East is too much damn trouble. Ninth Century mentalities are tolerable only so long as they stay within their borders and don't bother anyone. The only sure-fire cure for terrorism is a thriving middle-class. Something which provides disaffected youth with an alternative to religious fanaticism. We cannot trust any of the governments of the Middle East to achieve this for their young people. These countries are in desperate need of training wheels.
I have a better idea

1e713177a3d63b2cb08bed5e4219f91f4bde5158c06fd1b6eb3f62ffe002c86e.jpg

Talk about walls,Lets wall off an area, close to turk border, and let non combatants move in..

Go ahead and start without me as I will be there shortly. Got some personal stuff to take care of. Be sure to write and let me know how you are doing charging the sand dunes and all. Except for those pesky gunman opposing you, it should be fun!

Maybe The West should just drop 10 Atomic Bombs on ENTIRE Middle East....then this solves ALL problems in entire Middle East, as the region would cease to exist.

Here's what we do well. We can topple a dictator. We can help rebuild regions with a tradition of democracy.

Here's what we cannot seem to do. We cannot institute a democratic government in regions without previous experience in democracy.

We keep trying, but so far, no success on day two after the overthrow of dictators.

Maybe The West should just drop 10 Atomic Bombs on ENTIRE Middle East....then this solves ALL problems in entire Middle East, as the region would cease to exist.
I wonder how it feels to talk about "the west" (AKA the U.S.) from a weak, pussified place such as Europe. You want 10 atomic bombs dropped on the middle east? What offer will you make us in exchange for that happening?

I wonder how it feels to talk about "the west" (AKA the U.S.) from a weak, pussified place such as Europe. You want 10 atomic bombs dropped on the middle east? What offer will you make us in exchange for that happening?

Our Russian friends could do it, Russia is Europa's friend, Washington DC isn't.

Our Russian friends could do it, Russia is Europa's friend, Washington DC isn't.
Yeah go with Russia! Europan's of the world, unite!

:rofl:

Here's what we do well. We can topple a dictator. We can help rebuild regions with a tradition of democracy.

Here's what we cannot seem to do. We cannot institute a democratic government in regions without previous experience in democracy.

We keep trying, but so far, no success on day two after the overthrow of dictators.
How about Japan and Germany after WWII? We took over these countries and managed them, because in the collective view of the world they were incapable of managing themselves. Now they're democracies. What was true for Germany and Japan is a thousand times truer for the countries of the Middle East. They cannot manage themselves, and their ineptitude is simple to destabilizing to be allowed to continue. Both Germany and Japan were much more advanced, industrial nations, though. That's why it would take so much longer in the ME. The alternative is to leave them to their own devices, which isn't working out too well right now.

This thread is a great example of what liberals consider "clean debate."
Your reply is a good example of hyper-partisan psychosis. What has this thread got to do with political ideology?

Since it's YOUR thread, what does it have to do with ANYTHING?
This is the CDZ, and the last I checked flaming was not allowed. If you do not wish to discuss the topic, don't. More "room" for the rest of us.

Forum List

Back