Lets Peek In on Wind Production..

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
From time to time I like to check in and see how my favorite Danish off-shore windfarm is doing.. One of the few that still have real-time monitoring on-line..

This is a co-op so they are more open about reporting.. One of the best sited wind farms in the world. All 10 turbines are RATED at 2MW.. ONE is out right now.. Here's the other nine for the 1st 14 days of this month.

48,000 would be KWhrs generated by a 2MW turbine per day..

flacaltenn-albums-charts-picture6294-windmiddlegrundendec2013.jpg

Doesn't really need a comment.

From time to time I like to check in and see how my favorite Danish off-shore windfarm is doing.. One of the few that still have real-time monitoring on-line..

This is a co-op so they are more open about reporting.. One of the best sited wind farms in the world. All 10 turbines are RATED at 2MW.. ONE is out right now.. Here's the other nine for the 1st 14 days of this month.

48,000 would be KWhrs generated by a 2MW turbine per day..

flacaltenn-albums-charts-picture6294-windmiddlegrundendec2013.jpg

Doesn't really need a comment.

if we converted over to wind generation as a main source of energy

get used to sitting in the dark on occasion

Hey --- not to be pessimistic. But remember those numbers are DAILY AVERAGES..
Doesn't count the hours DURING the day when nothing much was happening..

Details.. That's for the geeky engineer to figure out..

How much did all that cost LOL.

Cost me several grand (10 minutes) to put it all thru Excel...
It's an older facility.. Probably be paid off sometime after the salt spray gets to it..

I meant to say what did it cost to build the Danish off-shore windfarm .

I was being sarcastic. This middelgruden.dk is a co-op and very open with their accounting
Might be a good opportunity to find some real numbers on costs as well as production..

Last edited:
Stakeholder Engagement and Outreach: U.S. Installed Wind Capacity

From 2 gw to 60 gw installed in 13 years. Wish I had a bank account that grew at that rate.

OK --- You could probably do that with Zimbawe currency right now.. Be about the same quality deal..

Those numbers are hosed. That's the RATED numbers.. As you can see by the example above --- if you get AN AVERAGE of 0.33 x those numbers -- you are chilling..

Matter of fact --- the whole deal is pretty much hosed at this point. The political leadership doesn't recognize it yet... :eusa_whistle:

BTW:: There's NO EXCUSE for that massive money dump on wind. I could have built a Simulator Model for ANY of those wind farms and pretty much been right on the Production Graphs.. The industry only exists for the subsidies right now..

Last edited:
Wind power in Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wind power in Texas consists of many wind farms with a total installed nameplate capacity of 12,212 MW[1] from over 40 different projects. Texas produces the most wind power of any U.S. state.[1] The wind boom in Texas was assisted by expansion of the state’s Renewable Portfolio Standard, use of designated Competitive Renewable Energy Zones, expedited transmission construction, and the necessary Public Utility Commission rule-making.[2]
Wind power accounted for 9.2% of the electricity generated in Texas during 2012.[3]

Wind power in Iowa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iowa is a leading U.S. state in wind power generation with 24.5% of the state's electricity generation coming from wind in 2012.[1] With the completion of several projects in mid-2012, wind power in Iowa has 5,137 megawatts (MW) of capacity, third only to Texas and California.[2]

Pretty damned impressive for something that isn't supposed to work. LOL

Why is there so much conservative butt hurt over alternative energy sources?

Is drill baby, drill so important to you?

Fossil fuels are a point source, easily controlled by a very small amount of people, who profit hugely off of that control. Alternatives are spead out, creating small amounts of wealth in many locations for many people. A definate danger to the idea of an oligarchy.

Fossil fuels are a point source, easily controlled by a very small amount of people, who profit hugely off of that control. Alternatives are spead out, creating small amounts of wealth in many locations for many people. A definate danger to the idea of an oligarchy.

I do notice a trend with Republicans:

1. Defending BP in the oil spill
2. Drill baby, drill
3. Throwing a fit over the keystone pipeline

Meanwhile, we get thread after thread attacking windfarms, solar energy, electric cars, biofuels

Can they be any more obvious in their motives?

All those are great examples of making energy at random times that don't correlate at all with demand.

If the government didn't MANDATE that it be chosen first to be put on the grid -- no reasonable utility would schedule it in or encourage it as "an alternative".. Meeting DEMAND curves is the ONLY thing that matters to the Grid..
And wind simply flucks that test... Badly...

Last edited:

I do notice a trend with Republicans:

1. Defending BP in the oil spill
2. Drill baby, drill
3. Throwing a fit over the keystone pipeline

Meanwhile, we get thread after thread attacking windfarms, solar energy, electric cars, biofuels

Can they be any more obvious in their motives?

That sure is a lot of whining for a guy who's staring at a chart of FLAKY wind production and asserting he's got ALTERNATIVES..

I guess the political angle here is that leftists just have to "feel good" about "doin sumtin" and fiscal conservatives have a duty to spend money wisely to keep society running.

If that's the wrestle you want to have here -- I guess it should happen. But FIRST -- you better check your bag of $BILL investments and see what they actually PRODUCE !!!!

Forum List

Back