Let's not forget that Obama played a major role in turning Syria into what it is today

Obama decided that he was going to fund, arm and train Syrian insurgents to overthrow President Assad. Obama helped destabilize Syria, which led to MILLIONS of refugees pouring out of the country and massive suffering and death. What Obama nor Susan Rice could comprehend, apparently, was that Russia was not going to allow Syria to be lost to the jihadists.

I can only wonder what Syria would be today had Obama stayed out of Syria entirely.

Assad is a BAD guy, for sure, but at least he's secular. The last thing the world needs is another Islamic, jihadist nation, which is what Obama tried to give the world.

Syria was a catastrophic mistake by Obama.
Let’s not forget that Bush is solely responsible for destabilizing the entire ME with his two failed, illegal wars – resulting among many other the current situation in Syria.

If the reprehensible right wants to deflect from Trump the Syria debacle, identify the president truly to blame for the disaster that is the ME: GWB.

And lets not forget Bush started It all.

What did Bush have to do with Syria?
Well he started that little Iraq war. That threw the whole middle east off. Then that lead to ISIS and that lead to the Syria war. Without the Iraq war none of this happens.
Maybe we should start calling you "Braindead"...

What started the war in Syria was Obama's attempt to overthrow Assad by arming "rebel" groups (including ISIS)...

He then sent our troops into Syria in an ILLEGAL (since it was NEVER approved by Congress) and ineffective attempt to straighten out the mess HE created...

Thank God Trump was able to defeat ISIS...
All that was possible thanks to the Iraq war. You are pretty braindead if you can't see that.
You mean that war HILLARY voted for (and even made a speech before Congress encouraging other Democrats to support)???

THAT WAR???

Gee, aren't you glad she lost, before she got us involved in any other messes!!!

These are the three architects of the disastrous Syria policy. I call this "The blind leading the blind". Obama had no clue what he was doing and neither did the two bimbos in this pic.

Rice-Power-Obama.jpg

That Photograph should be in every World History Book from now on... Along with K9Buck 's caption...
"The blind leading the blind"

That Photograph should be in every World History Book from now on... Along with K9Buck 's caption...
"The blind leading the blind"

Thanks. Susan and Samantha are looking at Obama as if he's some wise old sage when, in fact, he was/is a blithering idiot.

Folks complain about Trump but Trump didn't create an insurgency that killed a half-million people, leveled cities and created MILLIONS of refugees and permitted ISIS to operate at will.

Let’s not forget that Bush...

Brought to you by the same folks who blamed Bush for Obama's under-performing economy but who then gave credit to Obama when the economy significantly improved under Trump.

You're another Obama cocksucker, by the way.

Obama decided that he was going to fund, arm and train Syrian insurgents to overthrow President Assad. Obama helped destabilize Syria, which led to MILLIONS of refugees pouring out of the country and massive suffering and death. What Obama nor Susan Rice could comprehend, apparently, was that Russia was not going to allow Syria to be lost to the jihadists.

I can only wonder what Syria would be today had Obama stayed out of Syria entirely.

Assad is a BAD guy, for sure, but at least he's secular. The last thing the world needs is another Islamic, jihadist nation, which is what Obama tried to give the world.

Syria was a catastrophic mistake by Obama.
Try to explain this to Communist American news. “Donald Trump is the Devil...this is all his fault!” Fucking Electoral College! :206:

I suppose to be fair one does have to note that it started long before 9-11. We were warned to mind our own business but refused to.

September 11 obviously changed America forever.

Terrorists bombed the WTC in 1993(?) and also (Al Qaeda) bombed two U.S. embassies in Africa. Purportedly, there were opportunities to get Bin Laden long before 9/11, but Bill Clinton couldn't pull the trigger. But, to be fair, I don't believe W Bush was all that eager to go after Bin Laden until after the 9/11 attacks.

Bill Clinton: 'I could have killed' Osama bin Laden in 1998

All that was possible thanks to the Iraq war. You are pretty braindead if you can't see that.

ISIS was able to take so much territory because Iraqi leadership was incompetent and should have asked Obama to assist much sooner than they did. Obama's weakening of Syria also aided ISIS.

Blaming Bush for ISIS is like blaming Roosevelt for the emergence of communist China because he defeated the Japanese, who were occupying significant portions of China.

Well that was pointless in the extreme.

It was "pointless"? Obama supported an insurgency that resulted in massive destruction, death and MILLIONS of refugees that has cost the west BILLIONS of dollars.

Had Obama stayed out, it's quite possible that Syria would be stable today and they, themselves could have protected their own borders from ISIS.

There isn't a single credible person that will come out and proclaim what Obama did as good policy.

You cannot tolerate any criticism of Obama. For you, everything Obama did and said was golden.

The entire western world supported the insurgency because Assad was hurling poisoned gas at the Kurds, and murdering his own people. Assad was far worse than Assad, and he was supported by both Iran and Russia.

It's entirely possible that had the US gone into Syria when Obama drew his "red line in the sand" but the Congress and Senate refused to authorize military action and Obama had to change tactics. Had the Republicans given the go-ahead, it's entirely possible the coalition forces would have cleaned Assad his murders out of Syria completely, but just like your supposition, we'll never know.

There hasn't been a single good thing about US foreign policy in the Middle East since 9/11. Every move has been the wrong one and only made things worse. The current mess isn't Obama's fault either. In reality, the original sin for the USA in the Middle East was putting the Shah of Iran on the Peacock Throne.

But W should never have invaded Iraq, with no plan for what came after. It was the wrong thing to do then and it has set off a chain reaction that leads us to today's mess. I'm no great fan of Obama, but he never did anything to betray the nation the way Trump has - repeatedly. And each and every time, the main beneficiary of his stupidity is Russia. Fancy that.

And lets not forget Bush started It all.

What did Bush have to do with Syria?
Well he started that little Iraq war. That threw the whole middle east off. Then that lead to ISIS and that lead to the Syria war. Without the Iraq war none of this happens.
Maybe we should start calling you "Braindead"...

What started the war in Syria was Obama's attempt to overthrow Assad by arming "rebel" groups (including ISIS)...

He then sent our troops into Syria in an ILLEGAL (since it was NEVER approved by Congress) and ineffective attempt to straighten out the mess HE created...

Thank God Trump was able to defeat ISIS...
You mean that war HILLARY voted for (and even made a speech before Congress encouraging other Democrats to support)???

THAT WAR???

Gee, aren't you glad she lost, before she got us involved in any other messes!!!
That’s the one. Bernie only one I know who voted against it.

ISIS was able to take so much territory because Iraqi leadership was incompetent and should have asked Obama to assist much sooner than they did. Obama's weakening of Syria also aided ISIS.

Blaming Bush for ISIS is like blaming Roosevelt for the emergence of communist China because he defeated the Japanese, who were occupying significant portions of China.
Even trump blames bush. Heck he ran on how bad bush was.

Presidents from both parties have a bad habit of wanting to jump into conflicts in the Middle East without thinking it through Bush did it with Iraq and Obama did it with Libya and Syria.

Presidents from both parties have a bad habit of wanting to jump into conflicts in the Middle East without thinking it through Bush did it with Iraq and Obama did it with Libya and Syria.
Glad somebody has some honesty.

Yea, I know. I disagree with Trump's assessment that taking out Saddam was a bad idea. We should have made arrangements with the Shiites to govern the nation immediately upon our occupation. We should have provided them with assistance but our focus should have been on finding Saddam and his sons and then leaving the major metropolitan areas. Our losses in terms of lives and treasure came in the occupation.

Yea, I know. I disagree with Trump's assessment that taking out Saddam was a bad idea. We should have made arrangements with the Shiites to govern the nation immediately upon our occupation. We should have provided them with assistance but our focus should have been on finding Saddam and his sons and then leaving the major metropolitan areas. Our losses in terms of lives and treasure came in the occupation.
It is unlikely that would have helped. It is foolish for us to think we can change leadership in another country. It always fails. We should stay out.

Well, I generally agree with you but the September 11 attacks changed everything. There was fear that Saddam might provide terrorists with the means to launch an even greater terrorist attack in the U.S. After all, he had BANNED inspectors from doing their jobs. The French, of course, were vehemently opposed to it because, as we learned later, much of their leadership was involved in secret sales of embargoed items to Saddam.

It is unlikely that would have helped. It is foolish for us to think we can change leadership in another country. It always fails. We should stay out.

Bill Clinton tried that approach. We saw how that turned out. I'm not a fan of injecting ourselves in every world conflict, but taking out Saddam was the right move.

Well, I generally agree with you but the September 11 attacks changed everything. There was fear that Saddam might provide terrorists with the means to launch an even greater terrorist attack in the U.S. After all, he had BANNED inspectors from doing their jobs. The French, of course, were vehemently opposed to it because, as we learned later, much of their leadership was involved in secret sales of embargoed items to Saddam.
The reaction to Sept 11 made things worse, not better. There is no evidence Saddam was going to work with terrorists, that was one way we were deceived. They were mostly Saudis and we attack Iraq? It was all nonsense.

Bill Clinton tried that approach. We saw how that turned out. I'm not a fan of injecting ourselves in every world conflict, but taking out Saddam was the right move.
The chaos that followed was far worse than leaving Saddam there. He had nothing to do with 9/11. In fact is seems likely he held down any terrorism in Iraq.

Forum List

Back