Let's go back in history to settle the statehood issue for Puerto Rico and DC.

DC was purposely excluded as a state for good reason. It needs to stay that way. PR is a third world shit hole. How about we just rescinded their territory status.
We should get rid of Missouri.

Seriously, would anyone miss it?
Yes, every time you went shopping you’d miss us. The question is would we miss you?
Shopping? LOL Ok.
Yes. And that response is why you left wingers are idiots. You have no fucking clue how your food, energy or anything else actually get to those store shelves.

DC was purposely excluded as a state for good reason. It needs to stay that way. PR is a third world shit hole. How about we just rescinded their territory status.

Yes, every time you went shopping you’d miss us. The question is would we miss you?
Shopping? LOL Ok.
I'd be fine with PR wanting to be a state, but then I thought Cuba shudda been Florida2. I mean we won it the old fashioned way … a war. It was ours, dammit. Now, Panama …. who wants a river.

Back in the 1800s, we had the Missouri Compromise on the issue of free and slave states by keeping the balance of admitting one free state for every slave state. What if we admitted Puerto Rico and DC as liberal states and then add East California and South Virginia to keep the balance?

Does Puerto Rico even WANT to be a state? I think the last time we as a nation considered this question, they actually didn't.

Shopping? LOL Ok.
Yes. And that response is why you left wingers are idiots. You have no fucking clue how your food, energy or anything else actually get to those store shelves.

You've heard the idiot leftists who criticize hunting by saying, "Why would you need to kill an animal to get meat, when you can just go to the grocery store and buy it", right?

DC and Puerto Rico aren't being admitted as states, so it's a moot discussion

Even if the Senate is 50/50 and Harris owns the tiebreaking vote? Why would Joe lie to his constituents and break a campaign promise so early in his administration?
He forgot because he's an idiot undergoing the rapid onset of alzheimers? :dunno:

Pretty sure it's more that he's an old-style career politician, who just spews out whatever he thinks sounds good at the moment, with no intention of following through or expectation that anyone will hold him to it.

Doesn't help that he's also senile, though.

We don't need some shithole 3rd world island dragging down the mainland.

Sell that shit to someone for a Klondike bar. It only takes a minimal amount of intelligence to see what kind of massive tourist trap you could build to make bank. Yet here they are decades later living in squalor.

As for DC, you get what you vote for. A shithole surrounded by beauty.

I"ll trade Arkansas and Mississippi for DC and PR.

Just when I think you don't understand a single thing about what you're babbling, you go and prove that you understand even less than that.

Back in the 1800s, we had the Missouri Compromise on the issue of free and slave states by keeping the balance of admitting one free state for every slave state. What if we admitted Puerto Rico and DC as liberal states and then add East California and South Virginia to keep the balance?
What balance are you referring to? The balance that has a Republican "majority" in the Senate that represents 20 million fewer people than the Democratic "minority" if the GOP wins both races in Georgia? Or is it the balance that allows the Republicans to win the presidential election 3 times since the early 90's while winning the popular vote only once? Or is it the balance that makes thanks to Gerrymandering that winning the house means the Democrats have to run about 4 percent ahead on average? Is that the balance you are referring to?

3 times? So you are saying Trump won this time also? Also, where do the 90's come in? So far, Bush and Trump beat Algore and Shrillary in 2000 and 2016 respectively.
When I'm talking about the results of the popular votes in previous elections I think it is obvious I'm speaking of INDIVIDUAL election cycles. But hey if you want to claim you really don't understand basic English be my guest.

It's pretty ironic that in an OP that invokes the early part of the 19th century and an agreement made between slave states and free states (I'll refrain from gaslightighting you by asking you if you consider the current Southern States as slave states) , you are questioning the relevance of me invoking the election results of the last 2 decades.

Now can you please engage my premise. When you speak of "balance", are you speaking of a "balance" that allows for a minority to consistently win elections without a plurality of votes?

Failed history in high school, huh?

Your attempted deflection is noted, and dismissed with prejudice.

DC and PQ will vote Democrat do you not know this? Republicans are smart enough NOT to give the Dems any more advantages than they already have. The Electoral College is working precisely as designed and you libtards can't stand it because all of your voters live in just a very few states.
What advantages do dems have in your assessment. Seems to me if you lose 2 times despite getting more votes you're being hosed.

As for the constitution. The framers of the constitution didn't have political parties in mind at all when they drafted the constitution. They had a check on non upper class winning elections in mind. They also didn't see a problem in holding other people as slaves. Meaning claiming that the intent of the founders should be respected at all times is somewhat misguided.

As for my knowledge of history. I don't know... I'm capable of holding my own on American history speaking in what is my third language. I'm fairly confident in my intellectual ability and my knowledge of history.

Idiots are often confident in their intelligence. That doesn't mean they SHOULD be.

As for your knowledge of history, every post you have is "Well, SLAVERY!!! Slavery, slavery, slavery, all of history is just the era of slavery, and the Founders were bad because SLAVERY, so fuck the actual laws." I have news for you, Sparky: you aren't "holding your own" in any language, unless the "your own" in question is your own johnson. In which case, we don't want to know.

Typical leftist. "I think the middle of the country is unimportant, so obviously that's what everyone thinks."

Truth of the matter is, Cornball, for most the country, it's worthless dumpster fires like NY and CA that no one would miss.

Combine up to a dozen of the smallest states land wise into one state. Two Senators with multiple congressman. That would be more reality. Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Delaware as examples.

Land mass means nothing. Those small states have more population that most of the western square states.

Our country was founded because of the injustice of taxation without representation. The political leanings of DC and PR should be irrelvent to the conversation of statehood.

Shopping? LOL Ok.
It just magically appears. They watch star trek.

Our country was founded because of the injustice of taxation without representation. The political leanings of DC and PR should be irrelvent to the conversation of statehood.

except the question of if they want to be a state

The majority of ricans living there do not want statehood, the ones who vote anyway

DC is already part of virginia....It's an inherently political question. They are already part of a state. It's for Virginia local politics to decide

The majority of ricans living there do not want statehood, the ones who vote anyway

DC is already part of virginia....It's an inherently political question. They are already part of a state. It's for Virginia local politics to decide

It is not part of VA. Shouldnt DC residents be exempt for Fed taxes since they do not have representation?

It is not part of VA. Shouldnt DC residents be exempt for Fed taxes since they do not have representation?

It is within their borders, constitution specifically says you can't do that without Virginia's approval

Can't just make a state inside a state without the people around you's approval

It is within their borders, constitution specifically says you can't do that without Virginia's approval

How about West Va?

How about West Va?

War time exemption? *shrug*, i'm sure it was litigated but i have no idea

Constitution is very clear on the issue tho, i have no doubt where the 2020 supreme court would land

No way DC can become a state without virginia's approval

edit - Virginia succeeded duh that was how they did it, how did i miss that

Does Puerto Rico even WANT to be a state? I think the last time we as a nation considered this question, they actually didn't.

They have voted to become a state. There has been weird ways the question has been asked but it clear now PR wants statehood...

This is very simple... They want equal representation... So does DC...

Fundamentally this is why US fought for independence... Denying Equal Representation is fundamentally against US ideals...

The US fought because they rejected the idea of Virtual Representation which is what is being given to DC and PR.

Sell that shit to someone for a Klondike bar. It only takes a minimal amount of intelligence to see what kind of massive tourist trap you could build to make bank. Yet here they are decades later living in squalor.

puerto rico is kind of shitholish but nothing like arkansas, missouri, alabama, mississippi or oklahoma among others...

puerto rico is kind of shitholish but nothing like arkansas, missouri, alabama, mississippi or oklahoma among others...

Puerto Rico pays Federal Taxes and even if they didn't they have a right of equal representation.

Forum List

Back