Lets cover 1.2% of the Sahara desert with solar panels and we could balance it out with a huge offshore wind farm over the Pacific and Atlantic.

About the best use I have seen for solar and otherwise unusable space is the placement of panels over California auguafers.

That sounds like a good idea

At least its worth a test run to find out
They are installing it in test areas as we speak. Ya. Never know till ya hit a certain scale. Hopefully it works out. I was involved in a project years ago trying to improve asphalt pavement and finding a use for used rubber tires. The math all worked on paper really well. We installing a little over 20 miles of test pavement between Delaware and Marion , Ohio. We all had great hope. It did not scale well though. I am no longer involved. It is back to the chemist's right now. They are trying to redevelop a better product. I have not heard of any new test installments. Hopefully they figure it out.

sorry bro, reality does not agree with you. Germany invested a trillion dollars in Green Energy and now they are suffering the consequences

Energy crisis and inflation push more German firms into insolvency, study says​

Didn't really effect Germany unemployment...

Businesses were suffering more from global high inflation...

Germnay actually too the high price of Gas and Oil as spur to increase renewables faster than expected...

Germany is paying lower prices for energy than before... Wind is the cheapest energy in Europe....

Germany had a target for 80% by 2050, now it is 2030... Why? Money, Wind is a good investment...

1713826503853.png

They have offshore wind plans for 115TW... That would take away the need for all coal and Oil... Gas will be there as a back up...
This means Germany can be far more energy independent...

You are trying to detract but Germany are going to come out the other side with a massive low cost electricity network with their companies and factories leading in these technologies..

You have the head in the sand on where things are going...

1713826976181.png

Didn't really effect Germany unemployment...
Businesses were suffering more from global high inflation...
Germany is paying lower prices for energy than before... Wind is the cheapest energy in Europe....
Better my head in the sand, then being like you with your head up your ass? Look for some polyps while you got your head up your ass.

Wow, that is crazy, the cheapest electricity must be subsidized it so expensive!
Europe's biggest economy is facing a recession, as high energy costs are a huge burden especially for the country's industrial companies. Will subsidized electricity help?

You are trying to detract but Germany are going to come out the other side with a massive low cost electricity network with their companies and factories leading in these technologies..

Germany is disagreeing with you.

Germany Electricity increased 46.36 EUR/MWh or 286.53% since the beginning of 2024, according to the latest spot benchmarks offered by sellers to buyers priced in megawatts per hour (MWh). Historically, the Germany Electricity Price reached an all time high of 699.44 in August of 2022.​

Germany had a target for 80% by 2050, now it is 2030... Why? Money, Wind is a good investment...
They have offshore wind plans for 115TW... That would take away the need for all coal and Oil...
Germany disagrees with cowBOYted

Wind turbine in southern Germany burdens taxpayers with up to 600,000 euros annually

April 21, 2024
Updates
German Chancellor Olaf Scholz has promised five new wind turbines per day, a target that has not yet been achieved as realisation in 2023 falls around 25 per cent short of expectations. Especially in southern Germany, where the wind blows less frequently, the federal government is still planning to build more wind turbines (nius: 17.04.24). However, these are less effective and therefore also burdensome...

Lets cover 1.2% of the Sahara desert with solar panels and we could balance it out with a huge offshore wind farm over the Pacific and Atlantic. We could add 20 tw of battery storage too. This way we would never have to depend on fossil fuels again.

View attachment 935944
Or ... let's just continue drilling for oil which, as it turns out, is a renewable source of energy with a proven track record.

Lets cover 1.2% of the Sahara desert with solar panels and we could balance it out with a huge offshore wind farm over the Pacific and Atlantic. We could add 20 tw of battery storage too. This way we would never have to depend on fossil fuels again.

View attachment 935944

Write me a check for $10,000. I'll match it with my own $10,000, and get the project started. Deal?

Forum List

Back