Let the authortarian gun grabbing begin

WASHINGTON, April 2 (Reuters) - The White House is trying to craft a series of executive actions for President Joe Biden to sign to try to limit gun violence, hoping they cannot be quickly dismantled in court, according to aides and gun safety groups.

snip

Mass shootings last month in Georgia and Colorado have put pressure on the White House to act, as swift legislation is not likely through Congress. Press secretary Jen Psaki reiterated on Thursday that the administration is looking at executive orders.

After years of liberal progressives mocking us, and talking down to us that they didn't want to take our guns, we now have a puppet in the WH that is bending to the dumbest voices in DC....

An executive order is a means of issuing federal directives in the United States, used by the President of the United States, that manages operations of the federal government.[1]

These people are treating EO's like they are laws.....They're not...They are meant to be directives to the organizations of the Federal Government that are run by the Executive....This absurdity of allowing this administration to get away with mandating certain things, getting around Congress, and the legislative process is a travesty to liberty in this country...It is an abuse of power...

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

It is my interpretation that in the reading of the 2A, one needs to look at the comma's as periods...IOW, "A well regulated Militia." gives the commander in chief to adopt, and implement rules to govern and command the Militia, or in today's world, the NG...."The right of the people to keep, and bear arms." Speaks to our right as citizens to own firearms. "Shall not be infringed" is simple...Since it is MY right to keep and bear arms, it is telling the government that they CAN NOT impede me from doing so....Certainly not from an EO...We don't have a monarchy in this country....

Over the years we have allowed more and more infringement of our 2A right, and I say ENOUGH! I am a law abiding gun owner, and use my guns for target shooting, home protection, and hunting....I was in the Army for 6 years, and was an expert marksman, as well as a Armorer for my units....I am well trained in not only situational fire arm control, but target aquisition, and removal up to 300 meters..I stay up to date on my training, and have for over thirty years since my discharge from the Army...And I am a conceled carry permit holder good in 34 states....Why liberal progressives want to take my fire arms away is beyond lunacy to me, and makes no sense....They don't even know what they are talking about concerning guns when pressed on the issue...

In the end, I wake up everyday and wonder what the threshhold is for American's to look at what this administration is doing and say enough is enough....This needs to end not only because they are not only bankrupting the country, but now want to disarm the populace...Plus there is clear cut reason now to believe that Biden, and his family are compromised by the Chineese, and will be ineffectual should Bejing decide to marshall any attack against this country...We are in a severely bad place when it comes to this President, and I can not accept, nor believe this is what the country voted for....

Thoughts?

There is no real argument over the 2nd Amendment. The Democrats know as well as the Americans that the individual right to bear arms is guaranteed by the document. They just don't like it because it prevents them from moving their totalitarian business plan forward.

The current group of Democrats at the top are getting more and more jittery for power. Look for them to overstep soon.
Overstep soon? Stealing an election was an overstep.

Not an overstep. Biden is "president" and there is as yet no nationwide call for his removal. Free money goes a long way with voters.

Esau gave up his birthright. Unfortunately many Americans have been convinced to do the same.

I just want the fed gov't to follow it's rules- all of them.
You can buy a pee shooter to a 60mm machine gun in the US and you think the rules have been broken?

" The domestic manufacture of new machine guns that civilians could purchase was effectively banned by language in the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 (also known as "McClure-Volkmer"). The language was added in an amendment from William J. Hughes and referred to as the Hughes Amendment. "

Sorry Moon, you are incorrect....You can NOT buy a machine gun....

Sure you can but it has been modified so it is not an automatic. I gotz one or two..Check out your class nine dealers. Then learn how to modify the modification, eh...

So, you're admitting to owning an illegal firearm now eh?
Surely you misunderstood what I meant five-o

I did? Did you not post:

"Then learn how to modify the modification"?

So, you're saying you bought an M-60, modified to take away the auto feature, then you undid, or modified it back...That is what you were implying....Now you want to quickly back away from that statement....I would too, knowing the level of surveilence in the interwebs today...
All it takes is a few component adjustments.

Not saying it doesn't....So, you are implying that you have done this?

You can buy a pee shooter to a 60mm machine gun in the US and you think the rules have been broken?
can I buy a new m-5 full auto like the military uses??
You could if you had a collectors license. I am thinking about getting one, because then you can buy most weaponry for your collection. It does cost a hell of a lot but in todays gun grabbing society, a fully automatic, just might come in handy..

How Much Does Federal Firearms License Cost In 2021? (costaide.com)
I dont think you can get a new one,, and the prices put it outside the average persons reach, which is an infringement,,

My last tour of duty I changed MOS's to power generation equipment repair and operation and I was stuck with an air defense artillery group in the First Cav at Fart Hood, they had to run the generators to power the radars because the motors in the track vehicle interfere with the radar. The Migs at that time could hit a target two miles away with their missiles and the ADA stuff we had then had a range of a mile....not a pleasant scenario if you actually had engagements with an enemy...

" The domestic manufacture of new machine guns that civilians could purchase was effectively banned by language in the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 (also known as "McClure-Volkmer"). The language was added in an amendment from William J. Hughes and referred to as the Hughes Amendment. "

Sure you can but it has been modified so it is not an automatic. I gotz one or two..Check out your class nine dealers. Then learn how to modify the modification, eh...

I did? Did you not post:

So, you're saying you bought an M-60, modified to take away the auto feature, then you undid, or modified it back...That is what you were implying....Now you want to quickly back away from that statement....I would too, knowing the level of surveilence in the interwebs today...
WASHINGTON, April 2 (Reuters) - The White House is trying to craft a series of executive actions for President Joe Biden to sign to try to limit gun violence, hoping they cannot be quickly dismantled in court, according to aides and gun safety groups.

snip

Mass shootings last month in Georgia and Colorado have put pressure on the White House to act, as swift legislation is not likely through Congress. Press secretary Jen Psaki reiterated on Thursday that the administration is looking at executive orders.

After years of liberal progressives mocking us, and talking down to us that they didn't want to take our guns, we now have a puppet in the WH that is bending to the dumbest voices in DC....

An executive order is a means of issuing federal directives in the United States, used by the President of the United States, that manages operations of the federal government.[1]

These people are treating EO's like they are laws.....They're not...They are meant to be directives to the organizations of the Federal Government that are run by the Executive....This absurdity of allowing this administration to get away with mandating certain things, getting around Congress, and the legislative process is a travesty to liberty in this country...It is an abuse of power...

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

It is my interpretation that in the reading of the 2A, one needs to look at the comma's as periods...IOW, "A well regulated Militia." gives the commander in chief to adopt, and implement rules to govern and command the Militia, or in today's world, the NG...."The right of the people to keep, and bear arms." Speaks to our right as citizens to own firearms. "Shall not be infringed" is simple...Since it is MY right to keep and bear arms, it is telling the government that they CAN NOT impede me from doing so....Certainly not from an EO...We don't have a monarchy in this country....

Over the years we have allowed more and more infringement of our 2A right, and I say ENOUGH! I am a law abiding gun owner, and use my guns for target shooting, home protection, and hunting....I was in the Army for 6 years, and was an expert marksman, as well as a Armorer for my units....I am well trained in not only situational fire arm control, but target aquisition, and removal up to 300 meters..I stay up to date on my training, and have for over thirty years since my discharge from the Army...And I am a conceled carry permit holder good in 34 states....Why liberal progressives want to take my fire arms away is beyond lunacy to me, and makes no sense....They don't even know what they are talking about concerning guns when pressed on the issue...

In the end, I wake up everyday and wonder what the threshhold is for American's to look at what this administration is doing and say enough is enough....This needs to end not only because they are not only bankrupting the country, but now want to disarm the populace...Plus there is clear cut reason now to believe that Biden, and his family are compromised by the Chineese, and will be ineffectual should Bejing decide to marshall any attack against this country...We are in a severely bad place when it comes to this President, and I can not accept, nor believe this is what the country voted for....

Thoughts?

There is no real argument over the 2nd Amendment. The Democrats know as well as the Americans that the individual right to bear arms is guaranteed by the document. They just don't like it because it prevents them from moving their totalitarian business plan forward.

The current group of Democrats at the top are getting more and more jittery for power. Look for them to overstep soon.

Not an overstep. Biden is "president" and there is as yet no nationwide call for his removal. Free money goes a long way with voters.

Esau gave up his birthright. Unfortunately many Americans have been convinced to do the same.
Free money? I just bought another $6,000 of gold and silver.

I did? Did you not post:

snip

Thoughts?

You fool...you should be riding the Stock market rocket to infinity and beyond

I still want that Tiger tank for home security.
I want an Apache so I can blow your tank to the Bejesus.
And I support both of your rights to own those weapons.

ProGun.jpg

I did? Did you not post:

snip

Thoughts?

You fool...you should be riding the Stock market rocket to infinity and beyond
Where do you think i am getting the money from to buy the precious metals? Some point the market will repeat 1929. I just wont give up my metals if the government tells me to. They can fuck off and die.

snip

Thoughts?
The thread premise is a lie.

The thread premise is also ignorant and ridiculous – nothing but rightwing demagoguery.

There is no ‘gun grabbing.’

There is no ‘infringement’ on the Second Amendment; all current firearm regulatory measures are perfectly appropriate and Constitutional having never been invalidated by the Supreme Court.

If one is to wonder about anything it's how much longer are conservatives going to continue to lie about guns.

snip

Thoughts?

I for one would say they already have, but as usual Democrats are incapable of having too much power because they always do overstep their authority....
This is a lie, ignorant, and ridiculous.

Democrats have no more ‘authority’ than Republicans or any other political faction.

None of the firearm regulatory measures Democrats advocate for violate the Constitution, those measures are perfectly consistent with current Second Amendment jurisprudence, the Supreme Court having never invalidated such measures.

And should the Supreme Court in the future rule that those proposed measures are un-Constitutional, such as magazine capacity restrictions, Democrats will no longer advocate for those measures because they are indeed un-Constitutional.

snip

Thoughts?

Overstep soon? Stealing an election was an overstep.. Putting up a wall(that doesnt work, as they say) around the Capitol and deploying the military against US, isnt overstepping?

How about this jewel by the bat shit crazy Nan from San Fransicko.

She says We the People are the enemy of the state, thus she and Prog elites are the state, who are the enemy of the People.

This is a lie.

The 2020 election was not ‘stolen’; the military was not used against the American people.

The right’s contempt for facts and the truth, the right’s incessant lying, is what makes conservatives truly reprehensible.

It is my interpretation that in the reading of the 2A, one needs to look at the comma's as periods...IOW, "A well regulated Militia."
Militia is clearly the important part of that amendment. DC vs Heller is clearly a travesty.

I disagree....The amendment orders that every citizen has the right to not only own, but carry a gun, and there is NOTHING you can do about that without infringing on that right, IOW, violating the constitution...So, why was Heller so bad...Allowing the citizenery to protect themselves I see as a good thing...
Wrong.

The Second Amendment doesn’t ‘order’ anyone to do anything.

The Second Amendment places limits and restrictions on how government may regulate firearms, where some regulatory measures are consistent with the Second Amendment – such as prohibiting the possession of sawed-off shotguns (US v. Miller) – and some regulatory measures are in violation of the Second Amendment – such as banning the possession of handguns.

Per Heller, the Second Amendment codifies an individual right to possess a firearm pursuant to lawful self-defense unconnected with militia service.

The Heller Court also reaffirmed the fact that the Second Amendment is not unlimited, that government has the authority to place limits and restriction on the possession of firearms.

I still want that Tiger tank for home security.

Come on Moon, I am talking reasonably, the least you could do is cut the trolling for enough time to post as if you have thought about something other than getting likes from your fellow travelers....
I have all the small arms I could want I want larger calibers..

Proof that there is no mental stability required for firearm ownership!

Per Heller, the Second Amendment codifies an individual right to possess a firearm pursuant to lawful self-defense unconnected with militia service.
But It doesn't. The text explicitly links firearm ownership to militia service.

Forum List

Back