Let me tell you about my Windows 10 pain today....

Splitting hairs or grasping at straws? Which one?
Come on. See that red Linux line? It has more grip on the ground than you have.
Oh you mean the red (not orange) line that keeps growing just under the OS X line? Yeah, I see that one........ :eusa_whistle:
You mean that growth that requires a second, zoomed graph in order to be visible?
You need to get checked for color blindness........ In the upper chart that line is orange..... representing Win 2000...... :lmao:
Both are the same! There is just a 20x zoom in the second one. Linux growths: 2,5 % in 13 years.
No they're not the same, the one on top is just an extension because they didn't put it all in one graph. If you think that orange line is red then you really do need to get checked for color blindness. Besides, you're still grasping at straws, scared to death that Linux might overtake Windows, maybe 50 to 300 years from now, maybe never while at the same time trying to convince 'me' how impotent Linux is.
Are you honestly afraid I might have some magical influence over people and with the snap of my fingers and twinkle of my eye get them to switch over to Linux? Really?

Come on. See that red Linux line? It has more grip on the ground than you have.
Oh you mean the red (not orange) line that keeps growing just under the OS X line? Yeah, I see that one........ :eusa_whistle:
You mean that growth that requires a second, zoomed graph in order to be visible?
You need to get checked for color blindness........ In the upper chart that line is orange..... representing Win 2000...... :lmao:
Both are the same! There is just a 20x zoom in the second one. Linux growths: 2,5 % in 13 years.
No they're not the same, the one on top is just an extension because they didn't put it all in one graph. If you think that orange line is red then you really do need to get checked for color blindness. Besides, you're still grasping at straws, scared to death that Linux might overtake Windows, maybe 50 to 300 years from now, maybe never while at the same time trying to convince 'me' how impotent Linux is.
Are you honestly afraid I might have some magical influence over people and with the snap of my fingers and twinkle of my eye get them to switch over to Linux? Really?
The one on top is the actual chart while the second one only shows the bottom 5 % where your red Linux line resides.

Proper drivers and additional device software are the responsibility of the hardware manufacturers and not of the developers of the OS. Not a fan of Win 10, but this is a fact, simple and plain.
I know what you're saying but that's a cop out excuse. Prior to Vista M$ at least tried to be inclusive with their operating systems and hardware, they resumed the inclusivity with Win 7 then dropped it again with Win 8 and Win 10.
Since Windows 95, most of the OS-Disc´s content is drivers. Today, drivers even arrive via the update channel. So I think MS did not a bad job regarding the hardware support but it is still a service, not a product. The sole responsibility have the hardware manufacturers.
The issue is not XP, Vista, 7, ect but the age of the hardware. Put a Soundblaster Pro in a XP system and you will need no drivers. You have sound with the very first start after the OS´ installation. Put it into a Vista system and it will be silent unless you install the driver.
And of course, MS cannot cover all the variety of devices. There can be issues, there can even be a complete lack of drivers. No reason to damn MS. It is as if you curse your car´s manufacturer when you hit a deep and painful road hole...
You missed the point but that's expected. He did mention the hardware wasn't that old, I mean come on, what does M$ consider old? Four years? Two years? Six months? :dunno:

Exactly...the device that did not work is approx. 2 1/2 years old. The 2nd printer I mentioned will only partially work is less than a year old. And they are both HP!!! Not like I bought "Yanko"....HP!
HP forums are FILLED with Win 10 complaints, especially the mystifying fact that the same device works on some Win 10 PC's and some not....I don't understand that. That should not be possible. That can only mean that across installs there is inconsistency in the code.

I'm so glad I never "upgraded" to Windows 10. I've heard people complaining that they have had nothing but problems. One big complaint I've heard from people is how slow their computers have become after installing the Windows 10.
I had some minor problems with Win 10 at first, to be expected with any new release. Went back to Win 7 twice before finally upgrading just before the free cut off date and have had no problems since other than the anniversary release that undid much of the changes I had made. I just redid the changes.

The one on top is the actual chart while the second one only shows the bottom 5 % where your red Linux line resides.
No, the top one appears to be a continuation of the bottom one (look at how the graph lines match up, besides you'll see on the bottom one where both the red and green graph lines are increasing, green being OS X and red being Linux.
Again all I stated was Linux is growing and that games are being ported over to Linux at an ever increasing rate. No where did I ever claim Linux was going to take over the major share of PC operating systems so you can relax and stop freaking out. :thup:

No, the top one appears to be a continuation of the bottom one (look at how the graph lines match up, besides you'll see on the bottom one where both the red and green graph lines are increasing, green being OS X and red being Linux.
Again all I stated was Linux is growing and that games are being ported over to Linux at an ever increasing rate. No where did I ever claim Linux was going to take over the major share of PC operating systems so you can relax and stop freaking out. :thup:
And all I stated was that this is far from happening.

I know what you're saying but that's a cop out excuse. Prior to Vista M$ at least tried to be inclusive with their operating systems and hardware, they resumed the inclusivity with Win 7 then dropped it again with Win 8 and Win 10.
Since Windows 95, most of the OS-Disc´s content is drivers. Today, drivers even arrive via the update channel. So I think MS did not a bad job regarding the hardware support but it is still a service, not a product. The sole responsibility have the hardware manufacturers.
The issue is not XP, Vista, 7, ect but the age of the hardware. Put a Soundblaster Pro in a XP system and you will need no drivers. You have sound with the very first start after the OS´ installation. Put it into a Vista system and it will be silent unless you install the driver.
And of course, MS cannot cover all the variety of devices. There can be issues, there can even be a complete lack of drivers. No reason to damn MS. It is as if you curse your car´s manufacturer when you hit a deep and painful road hole...
You missed the point but that's expected. He did mention the hardware wasn't that old, I mean come on, what does M$ consider old? Four years? Two years? Six months? :dunno:

Exactly...the device that did not work is approx. 2 1/2 years old. The 2nd printer I mentioned will only partially work is less than a year old. And they are both HP!!! Not like I bought "Yanko"....HP!
HP forums are FILLED with Win 10 complaints, especially the mystifying fact that the same device works on some Win 10 PC's and some not....I don't understand that. That should not be possible. That can only mean that across installs there is inconsistency in the code.

I'm so glad I never "upgraded" to Windows 10. I've heard people complaining that they have had nothing but problems. One big complaint I've heard from people is how slow their computers have become after installing the Windows 10.
I had some minor problems with Win 10 at first, to be expected with any new release. Went back to Win 7 twice before finally upgrading just before the free cut off date and have had no problems since other than the anniversary release that undid much of the changes I had made. I just redid the changes.

I don't have any problems with the laptop at home besides the same problem as you - the Cortona/Ad malware blocking scripts that have been undone twice by updates. But having said that - these updates that reverse YOUR settings that YOU chose to make is a major problem. Just who owns your computer?? Apparently M$ thinks they do...but then...they do.
They do because you cannot operate a PC with Windows and not agree to let them do whatever they please with YOUR computer including downloading your personal files/photos/emails...etc. etc.

Why did you think you needed too? Worried about nothing?

Go fifteen years back, when Linux could be found in stores and was even more professional and sophisticated than it is today.
Utter nonsense. The latest distros are light years ahead of the early days. Even four years ago I could barely install a distro and had to search for this and that to fix issues. Haven't had to do that for a long time.

Runs all my hardware, every distro, and never freezes up.

I didn´t.

I don't have any problems with the laptop at home besides the same problem as you - the Cortona/Ad malware blocking scripts that have been undone twice by updates. But having said that - these updates that reverse YOUR settings that YOU chose to make is a major problem. Just who owns your computer?? Apparently M$ thinks they do...but then...they do.
They do because you cannot operate a PC with Windows and not agree to let them do whatever they please with YOUR computer including downloading your personal files/photos/emails...etc. etc.
It appears M$ want's to turn our PCs into Microsoft owned workstations, that's a troubling move on their part. That's the primary reason I applaud the rapidly increasing porting of major games over to Linux, the faster it happens the sooner I can ditch Windows. :thup:

Go fifteen years back, when Linux could be found in stores and was even more professional and sophisticated than it is today.
Utter nonsense. The latest distros are light years ahead of the early days. Even four years ago I could barely install a distro and had to search for this and that to fix issues. Haven't had to do that for a long time.

Today, every backyard nutjob is doing his own distro and they are all crap with few exceptions.

I didn´t.
You didn't? Then what was our exchange all about? Did someone hack your account?

Today, every backyard nutjob is doing his own distro and they are all crap with few exceptions.
You're so full of shit your eyes are brown but don't worry, you'll still get that M$ check to continue shilling for them. :thup:

I didn´t.
You didn't? Then what was our exchange all about? Did someone hack your account?
No, I didn´t. I just wanted to because it is boring here.

You're so full of shit your eyes are brown but don't worry, you'll still get that M$ check to continue shilling for them. :thup:
Funny argument - but not valid...

None of them I've tried has been crappy. And I've installed many over the years. Your arrogance won't hide your ignorance.

I didn´t.
No, I didn´t. I just wanted to because it is boring here.
What? No anti Russian news stories to diffuse?

Funny argument - but not valid...
That was an argument? I thought it was an insult..... :dunno:

None of them I've tried has been crappy. And I've installed many over the years. Your arrogance won't hide your ignorance.
I installed several and they all had their issues. I began with Ubuntu and it was just a mess. It froze my computer upon the end of the installation to such an extend that I had to turn it off and out of the box sound didn´t come true. I checked mp3 and it wouldn´t play mp3 at all. I could not use my Internet stick as id didn´t work.

And Ubuntu us the major distro, right?

Forum List

Back