Legislation proposed by Sens Krazy Kristen Gillibrand & Marvelous Michael Bennet would create a "Health Force" to recruit, train and employ Americans

This Trumpette can use all the help he can get.

1587578986012.png

His mom must be so proud.

Can't the thousands of current laid off healthcare workers and those struggling to get hours just do this stuff?

Hmmm. If you want aid, you have to get down and dirty with the virus. Personally I'd take a pass so long as I had unemployment insurance or another way to get food and shelter.

"Those workers would do diagnostic testing, contact tracing and administer a vaccine for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, whenever one becomes available.
Workers could also perform other tasks, including public messaging that would debunk virus-related misinformation, providing data entry in support of epidemic surveillance, delivering food and medical supplies to those whose health is high risk, and providing hospice and end-of-life care.

Hospitals have been doing that for years.

My GF started working as a pharmacy tech while in her senior year of HS. She then became a nurse and then an ICU nurse.

After a couple of years, she decided to get her masters in nursing education and started teaching while still working full time as an ICU nurse.

She then went back to school again and is now a nurse practitioner.

All of her education was paid for by the hospital. There is no reason to saddle taxpayers with that expense.

Forum List

Back