Legal weed in trouble in California, illegal weed is taking over

Prior to legalization, prices were about $200/oz average. Now in far north WA state, ounces can be purchased in retail outlets for $65.
A $65.00 ounce of pot in my guestimation would be nothing but seeds and stems...
1644213673092.png

Average Cost: One Ounce of High Quality Marijuana​

graphic showing the national prices for an ounce of high quality marijuana

There is no need for indoor growing as there are plenty of places in the Caribbean, Mexico, Columbia, etc., where it can be grown outdoors 12 months a year.

And since grass transports well from the fields to the bong, I just can't see the advantage to growing it year round in temperate climates.

You don't seem to realize that the pot they grow now has far outstripped the crap peasants grow in shitholes; it's a high tech, highly technical operation now, much more potent strains with some seed stocks selling for many thousands; no one id going to just throw that kind of investment at a bunch of peasants to throw on the ground somewhere. People like the Cubans are buying houses in Colorado or somewhere now, not importing anything from Cuba except Cubans. The stuff they grow now is so potent it is putting people in the hospital with toxic shock.

I was unaware of that. I was under the impression that the price to pot heads in places with legal grass isn't much less than in places where the product was illegal.

I stand corrected if I am wrong.

Many of the licensed shops are run by cartels anyway, especially in Canada, where biker gangs run the business. Some real estimates are that states that tax it are lucky if they're getting taxes on 10% of what is actually sold.

Many of the licensed shops are run by cartels anyway, especially in Canada, where biker gangs run the business. Some real estimates are that states that tax it are lucky if they're getting taxes on 10% of what is actually sold.
Mr. Smith is this speculation on your part, or do you have any substantial links to support these assertations?

Mr. Smith is this speculation on your part, or do you have any substantial links to support these assertations?

There are lots of investigations on this going back decades. You don't get good quality control out in nature, which is why so many food crops are grown in green houses where it's economically viable and growing seasons are shorter. Like I said, these modern strains are valuable and grow houses are much more productive and no chances of wild strains uncontrolled cross pollinating and ruining entire seed lines. Just Google away to your lil hearts content, and find many sites on it, like this one:

Benefits of Indoor Cultivation

While growing cannabis outdoors has its benefits, there are also reasons why growing indoors can be a better option.

Control Over Your Environment

For one, you have complete control over the environment. This means that you can make sure your plants get the exact amount of light, water, and nutrients they need to thrive.

With indoor growing, you also don't have to worry about pests or diseases as much, as you can safeguard your plants better. In order to achieve it generally well-planned pest and disease control measures have to be implemented and strictly maintained. As the perfect conditions in indoor environments often also contribute to the easy spread of pests. This protection from the elements can be a considerable advantage since pests and diseases can be a major problem for outdoor growers.

Higher Quality Yields

Indoor cultivation also tends to result in higher quality plant yields than outdoor cultivation. This is because you can control the environment and provide your plants with all the nutrients they need. With higher quality produce, you can achieve higher prices for your flowers, as well as you will be able to have more production cycles in one year, as indoor cultivation does not rely on seasons.

This means more money, a lot more, hence why commercial growers prefer indoors.

Last edited:
You don't seem to realize that the pot they grow now has far outstripped the crap peasants grow in shitholes; it's a high tech, highly technical operation now, much more potent strains with some seed stocks selling for many thousands; no one id going to just throw that kind of investment at a bunch of peasants to throw on the ground somewhere. People like the Cubans are buying houses in Colorado or somewhere now, not importing anything from Cuba except Cubans. The stuff they grow now is so potent it is putting people in the hospital with toxic shock.
Those "peasants" have been growing some of the best pot in the world in places like the Indochinese peninsula for over 50 years and in the Emerald Triangle of CA for more than 40 years. The problem with pot from the Caribbean, South and Central America is import laws. The penalties for smuggling can be devastating. Growing it where it will be used circumvents that problem.

There are lots of investigations on this going back decades. You don't get good quality control out in nature, which is why so many food crops are grown in green houses where it's economically viable and growing seasons are shorter. Like I said, these modern strains are valuable and grow houses are much more productive and no chances of wild strains uncontrolled cross pollinating and ruining entire seed lines. Just Google away to your lil hearts content, and find many sites on it, like this one:

Benefits of Indoor Cultivation

While growing cannabis outdoors has its benefits, there are also reasons why growing indoors can be a better option.

Control Over Your Environment

For one, you have complete control over the environment. This means that you can make sure your plants get the exact amount of light, water, and nutrients they need to thrive.

With indoor growing, you also don't have to worry about pests or diseases as much, as you can safeguard your plants better. In order to achieve it generally well-planned pest and disease control measures have to be implemented and strictly maintained. As the perfect conditions in indoor environments often also contribute to the easy spread of pests. This protection from the elements can be a considerable advantage since pests and diseases can be a major problem for outdoor growers.

Higher Quality Yields

Indoor cultivation also tends to result in higher quality plant yields than outdoor cultivation. This is because you can control the environment and provide your plants with all the nutrients they need. With higher quality produce, you can achieve higher prices for your flowers, as well as you will be able to have more production cycles in one year, as indoor cultivation does not rely on seasons.

This means more money, a lot more, hence why commercial growers prefer indoors.
Indoor growing can have its problems as well. Mites can be a terrible problem if the get into your operation. That is one of the more prevalent problems--there are others. In the northern climes, growers still have outdoor grows when the weather is conducive to it, but the growing season is so short, they have to have indoor grows to make their business viable year around.

Recreational drug use is immoral. It is a mortal sin in the Catholic Church, because THC diminishes one's ability to reason.
Legalizing it is wrong. I've never smoked pot or did drugs in my life. I've also never been drunk in my life. I never saw the purpose of either.
Sin notwithstanding, I still wouldn't have done it. Why would you make yourself sick?

Last edited:
Recreational drug use is immoral. It is a mortal sin in the Catholic Church, because THC diminishes one's ability to reason.
Legalizing it is wrong. I've never smoked pot or did drugs in my life. I've also never been drunk in my life. I never saw the purpose of either.
Sin notwithstanding, I still wouldn't have done it. Why would you make yourself sick?
Judge not and ye shall not be judged. Typical--selectively choose your morality. Next time you're feeling perfect, why don't you walk on water.

Morality aside, I've never understood people who intentionally harm their bodies, and continue to make the choice to do so even in advancing age. I honestly believe there's a degree of self-loathing to it. Same with people who deface their bodies with tats and piercings.

Last edited:
Judge not and ye shall not be judged. Typical--selectively choose your morality. Next time you're feeling perfect, why don't you walk on water.
Cannabis feminizes androgen receptors (male gonads). Morality has nothing to do with that chemistry. Too slow, the Chinese cartels would rather the prisoners eat fentanyl.

Cannabis feminizes androgen receptors (male gonads). Morality has nothing to do with that chemistry. Too slow, the Chinese cartels would rather the prisoners eat fentanyl.
Fine with me, don't smoke it. I don't much care what they do in that fucked up shithole. Thats why I got out.

Forum List

Back