Left's Love for Apple???

Attachments

• $321687_250692194976553_100001073247354_705120_1880590779_n.jpg
    $321687_250692194976553_100001073247354_705120_1880590779_n.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 39
Because most liberals are
A) Unproductive.
B) Followers.
C) Probably know very little about computers.

Unlike many of us who work for a living or are productive, liberals spend their day posing as pseudo creative/intellectual types. Most productive industries use PC's, any person who works from home uses PC's for the most part. They're better value for money and more universally used in the business world. So why is Apple popular do you ask? Well It has a market penetration of only about 12% in the United States, and about half that amount in the rest of the world. The 12% who do use them are either wannabe creative types who sit in coffee shops all day with black rimmed glasses so others can look at them and think they're a famous blogger or some app developer when most of the time they aren't - probably just browsing craigslist or the ikea catalog all day. The rest are usually student loan brats.

Apple computer are hardly used in any productive applications on a large scale.

Apple is destined to fail, because once the fad is over the only hope they have at selling their products will be based on a cost benefit analysis done by the buyer - to which they will never measure up unless they somehow manage to slash costs and cut their prices in half. This crash will happen likely sooner than later as the economy fails to improve and the higher education bubble bursts. Unfortunately though the liberal elites will blow this off as being due to the fact that Jobs is no longer in charge despite the fact its been a long time coming anyway.

A) Unproductive.
B) Followers.

Link?

I'm prohibited until I make 15 posts.

I can add to the above though. It's based in the bay area (liberal mecca), and the left tends to think that Steve Jobs is a product of the baby boomer hippie generation, and can relate to him.

I'm throwing ideas out here.

A) Unproductive.
B) Followers.

Link?

Fair enough.

I can add to the above though. It's based in the bay area (liberal mecca), and the left tends to think that Steve Jobs is a product of the baby boomer hippie generation, and can relate to him.

There are plenty of ideas already on this thread, go through the pages. It seems most concur that Apple product use isn't easily attributed to a particular political party.

A) Unproductive.
B) Followers.

Link?

Sacramento is in the Bay Area?

Lol! I must have really pissed off the OP. He seems bitter. Let's review what he had to say:

"****** I have a base of $53 and with commission I make another $50-$60K a year, so kiss my ass!"

Stay classy, Ghook! and go get a job that pays well, will ya?

A) Unproductive.
B) Followers.

Unlike many of us who work for a living or are productive, liberals spend their day posing as pseudo creative/intellectual types. Most productive industries use PC's, any person who works from home uses PC's for the most part. They're better value for money and more universally used in the business world. So why is Apple popular do you ask? Well It has a market penetration of only about 12% in the United States, and about half that amount in the rest of the world. The 12% who do use them are either wannabe creative types who sit in coffee shops all day with black rimmed glasses so others can look at them and think they're a famous blogger or some app developer when most of the time they aren't - probably just browsing craigslist or the ikea catalog all day. The rest are usually student loan brats.

^Completely misses the point. Still convinced that computer technology is a productivity device.

This article refers to a specific survey regarding Apple vs Android users. I'm on no way going to say that this is gospel or a scientific study, but it does a good job of illustrating my point and backing up some of the assumptions made about what kind of people use apple. Sure there are conservatives that use apple, but it would be difficult to completely downplay the idea that Apple is a very liberal institution.

Hunch Blog | Blog Archive | Android vs. iPhone: Battle of the Mobile Operating Systems

A) Unproductive.
B) Followers.

I've used Apple for years in my home music recording studio. It's amazing how reliable it is. Never lose any of my work, doesn't freeze, keeps up with my recording. The sound quality is top notch. I've tried the exact same thing on a PC before-and it's just not as good. The quality and dependability isn't there. While most business may use PCs, there are industries that use macs almost exclusively.

Ultimately though I don't judge somebody's personal political affiliation, with the products they're putting out. If I'm at a store that only sells domestic beer and they're all the same price-I'll buy Coors Light. If at the same store the ketchup is the same price-I'll buy Heinz every time. Does this mean I'm a mindless conservative, or a mindless liberal? Of course not. It means I have personal preferences to products, and I'll buy whatever product I think is best (the backbone of any true market economy btw). I suspect the overwhelming of Americans buy products for the products themselves.

If people's main grief is that Apple products are so expensive-fine. You have other options-pursue them. If you're still compelled to bitch, chances are you're just being bitter that you can't afford them.

A) Unproductive.
B) Followers.

Link?

you should because they're not very good ideas.

Bill Gates did (still does) far more for the world than Steve Jobs - especially if you consider his foundation. His father wrote a book about the need to tax accumulated fortune - primarily because he thinks that the new form of centralized power is money.

Jobs didn't part with a nickel for charity. He treated his workers terribly. I guess I wasn't there when they handed out the memo on his greatness.

Last edited:
A) Unproductive.
B) Followers.

I've used Apple for years in my home music recording studio. It's amazing how reliable it is. Never lose any of my work, doesn't freeze, keeps up with my recording. The sound quality is top notch. I've tried the exact same thing on a PC before-and it's just not as good. The quality and dependability isn't there. While most business may use PCs, there are industries that use macs almost exclusively.

Ultimately though I don't judge somebody's personal political affiliation, with the products they're putting out. If I'm at a store that only sells domestic beer and they're all the same price-I'll buy Coors Light. If at the same store the ketchup is the same price-I'll buy Heinz every time. Does this mean I'm a mindless conservative, or a mindless liberal? Of course not. It means I have personal preferences to products, and I'll buy whatever product I think is best (the backbone of any true market economy btw). I suspect the overwhelming of Americans buy products for the products themselves.

If people's main grief is that Apple products are so expensive-fine. You have other options-pursue them. If you're still compelled to bitch, chances are you're just being bitter that you can't afford them.

Maybe I can afford them but don't feel like throwing my money away, that's hardly being bitter. I understand that there are some exceptions where some professionals may prefer to use a mac, but that is hardly widespread.

Bill Gates did (still does) far more for the world than Steve Jobs - especially if you consider his foundation. His father wrote a book about the need to tax accumulated fortune - primarily because he thinks that the new form of centralized power is money.

Jobs didn't part with a nickel for charity. He treated his workers terribly. I guess I wasn't there when they handed out the memo on his greatness.

Steve Jobs did little to develop useful features, at the most he refined some features that were already existing and re-marketed them. He was a marketing mind and that was it. You could actually argue that he took technology backwards in many instances when you consider how apple would intentionally delay the implementation of features that would come standard from other manufacturers, sometimes by as much as a year or two.

A) Unproductive.
B) Followers.

Maybe I can afford them but don't feel like throwing my money away, that's hardly being bitter. I understand that there are some exceptions where some professionals may prefer to use a mac, but that is hardly widespread.

So what's it to you if somebody wants to "throw their money away"? What stakes do you have in the outcome? Does it really bother you that many people choose Apple products over that of competitors? Is it capitalism you're against?

Or is the real reason Job's personal political views? (which I think he's never shoved down anyone's throats or preached-not 100% sure on that though).

Saying Apple is a company that mostly liberals support is like saying Best Buy is a store that's supported by mostly conservatives.

PS-Last time I went into a Best Buy they had Apple products all over the place. I guess they're a part of the liberals that make up all the support of Apple right? :lol:

So what's it to you if somebody wants to "throw their money away"? What stakes do you have in the outcome? Does it really bother you that many people choose Apple products over that of competitors? Is it capitalism you're against?

Or is the real reason Job's personal political views? (which I think he's never shoved down anyone's throats or preached-not 100% sure on that though).

Saying Apple is a company that mostly liberals support is like saying Best Buy is a store that's supported by mostly conservatives.

PS-Last time I went into a Best Buy they had Apple products all over the place. I guess they're a part of the liberals that make up all the support of Apple right? :lol:

First of all, of course I'm not saying they're not allowed to buy Macs, I never implied that once. I said I wouldn't be throwing MY money away. I was however expressing my opinion that Apple hasn't done much to develop technology.

Second, like I said earlier - Apple isn't as popular as some believe or as you believe. Their market share in the US is about 12%, and outside the US it's about half that.

Lastly, I posted a link to a study about how Apple users are more likely to in fact be liberal. As for Best Buy, I wouldn't say they're either as they sell both PC's and MAC's, IPhones and Androids. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back