Left's Love for Apple???

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
The left loves Apple and they love Steve Jobs more. They think it's the best and most American company out there. They call it a "Green Company."

Then they bash companies like Walmart and Target for only selling products made in China and avoiding environmental regulations, providing only low paying service jobs, providing weak healthcare benefits, for fighting the unions and the unionization of it's workforce, their owner is a billionaire and their executives millionaires and of coure for snuffling out the mom and pop companies.

But they love "Green" Apple!!! They think it's swell all-American Company and the opposite of Walmart and Target. But exam Apple:
(1) Made In China: ALL of Apple's products are made, assembled and packaged overseas. I believe some of chips are made in Israel, but the everything else is made in China, including the raw materials! The reason is to avoid us business and envirnomental regs and the slave wages! Not to green!
Where are apple computers manufactured?

(2) Low Paying Jobs: Surprise surprise, not the high payers. Do you wonder why it seems like the sales guys change regularly? Most make minimum wage some make a few dollars more. OK, what about the geniuses behind the genius bar, those guys are great help me out a ton (I will say it first hand, these guys are great, extremely knowledgable, efficient, great problem solvers and they work hard). To the tune of $32K (unless you management then $51K)
http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Apple-Mac-Genius-Salaries-E1138_D_KO6,16.html

(3) Healthcare? What healthcare: They provide computers not healthcare! Even Walmart and Target provide healthcare. I know a bunch of sole practioners that have their wives work at Walmart, Target or Jewel to get healthcare!

(4) Unions: Just like another supposedly "Green" company Ben and Jerry's they fought unionization, but Apple won! No unions for this "leftist" company!

(5) Good to the Mom and Pops: Funny I never see any mom and pop computer stores anymore! Especially when Apple moves in. Heck there used to be a ton of computer repair stores offering a valuable service, but this Large Corp does it for free and snuffed out those mommies and daddies!!!

(6) They provide resonably priced products so even the poor can afford them:
LOL, their computers are more expensive than Dell, HP, Compaq etc. Many times by ton. The IPhone isn't much cheaper either, one of the highest priced on the market. Not to mention the Ipad costs as much as a laptop and the new competing product that is coming out from google (forgot the name), is a quarter of the price. Not too good to the poor!

(7) Steve Jobs was a Billionaire: And his executives are millionaires! I think he and they falls into the 1%!!! :eusa_whistle:

Point of this thread is why does the left love them so much? Could it be they love the computers, Ipods, IPhones and Ipads; therefore, they give it a pass and call it a Green company? Nope I think the left is just so ignorant that they just think that companies they like are better than companies they don't like!

This is not to bash Apple. I love the Apple computers, the Ipad and the Iphone. Part of what I love about Apple is the genius bar. It's an invaluable service and they provide the best customer services of any company out there!

I wish they made their products here, but I current over-regulation, tax system and failure to fight the trade war with China prevents them and other manufacturers like them forming doing so! You can't blame them, because if they tried to stay state-side Steve would have had to change his name to Steve Jobless!

Last edited:
Their factories in China employ children. And their safety record is abysmal. But that's all fine. Cuz it's Apple.

I own lots of Apple stuff. I don't care where they're made, how their people are paid, their benefits, how much the products cost, or anything else. IMO they're better than their competitors in a variety of ways and that's all that counts for me.

I'm the same way with other consumer products. If I like something, want it, and can afford it I buy.

I just think they love their IPhones,IPads,and Macbooks too much to hate Apple. I don't think the other stuff matters. Apple outsources many jobs overseas. Many on the Left just can't live without some of these Apple products. That's the reality.

I own lots of Apple stuff. I don't care where they're made, how their people are paid, their benefits, how much the products cost, or anything else. IMO they're better than their competitors in a variety of ways and that's all that counts for me.

I'm the same way with other consumer products. If I like something, want it, and can afford it I buy.

I just hope the same people yelling and trying to shut down Walmart aren't the same people the get shivers up their leg by Apple!

I just hope the same people yelling and trying to shut down Walmart aren't the same people the get shivers up their leg by Apple!

Any evidence that they are the same people? Or are you inventing something to be outraged by?

Steve Jobs was the greatest snake oil salesman in U.S. history. He had the rare ability to TELL people what they wanted, and what they needed, whether they knew it or not.

Jobs also had the ability to over-hype and over-price his Apple products, and make billions of dollars in the process.

The iPod and iPhone and iPad are nothing more than over-priced variations of products that were already on the market before Apple introduced them. Most of the bells and whistles on the Apple "toys" are not needed.

Jobs made his money on the backs of underpaid Chinese workers who work in sweatshops, in lieu of employing thousands of AMERICAN workers and paying them decent wages. If that fact alone doesn't stop people from wanting to run out and buy Apple products, then so be it. I personally have NEVER owned an Apple product, and I never will. My adult children own Apple stuff, but that is their business.

Why would anyone be trying to shut down any business during these awful times? We don't need anymore unemployed Americans. Who's trying to shut down Walmart?

Explanation:

1- Liberals are morons.

2- Apple enabled liberals to stay home, not work, and blog on facebook, listen to Obama's speeches on an ipod and call their friends for the upcoming protest.

3- Thus, liberals love apple for creating the iphone/ipod etc, but HATE the big warehouse store they drove their big company car to in order to buy them.

Rush Limbaugh has been one of Apple's most ardent lovers for years.

Good. But why isn't the left protesting Apple and directing as much hate towards them as they do OTHER big, greedy corporations what moved operations overseas?

In fact, why aren't you people protesting car companies who make EXPENSIVE hybrids? GREEDY isn't it to ask for a high price on a car that is good for the planet?????????????

I have several far Left-leaning friends and i assure they could not live without their IPhones,IPads,IPods,and Macbooks. They could care less where or who makes them. They also enjoy GE products very much and they outsource many jobs overseas as well. It's all about the product and their dependency on that product. They don't care about the other stuff. Don't let em fool ya.

I've never owned an Apple product....seriously. They're over-priced and mostly under-utilized by those that purchase them.

That and making it appear to be a liberal-only phenomenon is intellectually dishonest.

I've never owned an Apple product....seriously. They're over-priced and mostly under-utilized by those that purchase them.

That and making it appear to be a liberal-only phenomenon is intellectually dishonest.

You're being too kind. Making it appear to be a liberal-only phenomenon is 100% bullshit. I've never owned an Apple product in my life. And on top of that one of my most Conservative friends swears by his Apple Mac.

I wonder if he wants to try again......

Rush Limbaugh has been one of Apple's most ardent lovers for years.

Good. But why isn't the left protesting Apple and directing as much hate towards them as they do OTHER big, greedy corporations what moved operations overseas?

In fact, why aren't you people protesting car companies who make EXPENSIVE hybrids? GREEDY isn't it to ask for a high price on a car that is good for the planet?????????????

And what makes you think that Apple is favored by those on the left? Proof please. :eusa_whistle:

One of the most successful and innovative corporate minds in a generation, thrown under the bus because people here disagree with his politics. Get a fucking grip - it's not Job's fault you're too poor to afford his products.

Their factories in China employ children. And their safety record is abysmal. But that's all fine. Cuz it's Apple.

Then you'll gladly join me in not buying products made in China nor shopping those stores that sell mostly products made in China, right? Bucs and GHook can joing us as well!!!

You're being too kind. Making it appear to be a liberal-only phenomenon is 100% bullshit. I've never owned an Apple product in my life. And on top of that one of my most Conservative friends swears by his Apple Mac.

I wonder if he wants to try again......

I have a problem with being too nice sometimes.

Forum List

Back