Left's Love for Apple???

I have never bought an Apple product

My very first computer was an Apple IIe

So was mine! If I recall correctly, we paid about $1,000 nominal, so about $2,500 or $3,000 in today's dollars.

For that, we got a floppy disk drive (and by flop, I mean flop-flop-flop), 64K of memory and a black screen with green letters.

Judge XT here, an 8086 I believe.

Yep, two 5 1/4" drives, one for the operating system and one for the files you're using. Same green letters. Add Lotus 1-2-3 and a dot matrix printer and we were the envy of the neighborhood. :lol:

So was mine! If I recall correctly, we paid about $1,000 nominal, so about $2,500 or $3,000 in today's dollars.

For that, we got a floppy disk drive (and by flop, I mean flop-flop-flop), 64K of memory and a black screen with green letters.

Yup.. I remember going to the Apple store to buy an extra memory card so the word processor (Bank Street Writer I believe) could show an entore page width on the screen... plus my Submarine Game ran much better.

:lol:

Yeah, they weren't cheap....

My next one was a home made one. I still have a Toshiba Satellite Pro I bought back in the ninties.... Damn things runs Win95 (original version) and still freaking works... battery lasts for about 30 seconds. I paid nearly $3k for that thing.

Yup.. I remember going to the Apple store to buy an extra memory card so the word processor (Bank Street Writer I believe) could show an entore page width on the screen... plus my Submarine Game ran much better.

I could be wrong here, but I seem to recall we paid about $100 for a 64K memory upgrade. We didn't buy it for Bank Street writer, we bough it for more important endeavors...like Lode Runner.

$100 for 64...K! I'm guessing 64K of memory costs less than a penny nowadays.

I could be wrong here, but I seem to recall we paid about $100 for a 64K memory upgrade. We didn't buy it for Bank Street writer, we bough it for more important endeavors...like Lode Runner.

$100 for 64...K! I'm guessing 64K of memory costs less than a penny nowadays.

Shit.. a client of mine just added 64gb to his Virtual Server host... it was only a couple thousand $$..

That's amazing.

Apple just like GE,produces some great products. But they both outsource many jobs overseas. So if you don't like foreigners making your IPhone or Macbook,then simply don't purchase those products or just give them up. I don't think this is political though. The Left as well as the Right love their gadgets. Hardly any thought goes into who or where they're made. It's not about politics.

I agree but GHook93 thinks otherwise. Either he should offer proof or admit this is a troll thread.

GHook93??? Where are you????

Hello?

I own lots of Apple stuff. I don't care where they're made, how their people are paid, their benefits, how much the products cost, or anything else. IMO they're better than their competitors in a variety of ways and that's all that counts for me.

I'm the same way with other consumer products. If I like something, want it, and can afford it I buy.

I just hope the same people yelling and trying to shut down Walmart aren't the same people the get shivers up their leg by Apple!

Why would anyone be trying to shut down any business during these awful times? We don't need anymore unemployed Americans. Who's trying to shut down Walmart?

Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just hope the same people yelling and trying to shut down Walmart aren't the same people the get shivers up their leg by Apple!

Why would anyone be trying to shut down any business during these awful times? We don't need anymore unemployed Americans. Who's trying to shut down Walmart?

Their factories in China employ children. And their safety record is abysmal. But that's all fine. Cuz it's Apple.
Where are the human rights whackos on China's policy on exterminating girl babies in lieu of males?

So we're all in agreement that buying products made in China is a bad thing, right? And that we should not buy in stores (like WalMart) that sell so much of their stuff.

Oh....and GHook!! You've been asked (several times) to back up your contention the buying Apple products is a "left" thing. Got some proof or anything to back it up?

I've never owned an Apple product....seriously. They're over-priced and mostly under-utilized by those that purchase them.

That and making it appear to be a liberal-only phenomenon is intellectually dishonest.

Who ever said buying Apple was a leftist thing? :confused: Conservatives, liberals, republicans, democrats, arachists, muslims, jews, Christians etc all buy Apple's great products. Rather it's a leftist thing praising Apple as a Green all-American different from other corporation like Walmart and Target thing!

One of the most successful and innovative corporate minds in a generation, thrown under the bus because people here disagree with his politics. Get a fucking grip - it's not Job's fault you're too poor to afford his products.

I don't even know Job's politics, nor do I care. I like his products, but people are fools to believe that corporation is run different than any other corporation. Like Walmart, Target, Toys'r'us etc. other over-regulation, over taxation, EPA out of control, unions out of control and failure to fight the trade war with China has forced these manufactures to go over-seas to build our products.

The left say its a greedy corporate thing, but their favorite corporation does the same thing!

One of the most successful and innovative corporate minds in a generation, thrown under the bus because people here disagree with his politics. Get a fucking grip - it's not Job's fault you're too poor to afford his products.

I don't even know Job's politics, nor do I care. I like his products, but people are fools to believe that corporation is run different than any other corporation. Like Walmart, Target, Toys'r'us etc. other over-regulation, over taxation, EPA out of control, unions out of control and failure to fight the trade war with China has forced these manufactures to go over-seas to build our products.

The left say its a greedy corporate thing, but their favorite corporation does the same thing!
Mr. Jobs was a uniques success story in the uniquely American story. (Despite his politics).

I've never owned an Apple product....seriously. They're over-priced and mostly under-utilized by those that purchase them.

That and making it appear to be a liberal-only phenomenon is intellectually dishonest.

You're being too kind. Making it appear to be a liberal-only phenomenon is 100% bullshit. I've never owned an Apple product in my life. And on top of that one of my most Conservative friends swears by his Apple Mac.

I wonder if he wants to try again......

Very tryue, Apple makes create products. I bought a Dell, it lasted 2 years and the mother board broke. Outside to the warranty and I was SOL.

In 2005 I bought an Apple. Six years later it still works like new and still is faster than my Dell computer at work. It's AMAZING computer, worth the extra dollars I paid and time it took getting used to a new software system. The genius bar is also a service that will keep me loyal to Apple. For Dell you have to call India and then Fedex your computer. With Apple you go into the store and work with an intelligent hard-working techie that always solves the issue.

Their customer service is second to none. After 5 1/2 years of owning the product my power cord and battery were shot. Apple replace both for free.

If I have given off the impression I do not like Apple, then I apologize for that. I love Apple for their products and customer service, but I am not disillusioned to the fact that they are a corporation making all their products overseas.

Last edited:
Their factories in China employ children. And their safety record is abysmal. But that's all fine. Cuz it's Apple.

Then you'll gladly join me in not buying products made in China nor shopping those stores that sell mostly products made in China, right? Bucs and GHook can joing us as well!!!

Goose I would GLADLY join you, but what would I get? My flatscreen? My Wii? My laptop? Heck any of my appliances? None are made here. I can't even get toys for my kids made in America (except this awesome car they can ride around in, forgot the name).

It gets depressing, but in the end it's hard to blame the corps. If they didn't jump overseas they would probably go out of business also.

Apple just like GE,produces some great products. But they both outsource many jobs overseas. So if you don't like foreigners making your IPhone or Macbook,then simply don't purchase those products or just give them up. I don't think this is political though. The Left as well as the Right love their gadgets. Hardly any thought goes into who or where they're made. It's not about politics.

I agree but GHook93 thinks otherwise. Either he should offer proof or admit this is a troll thread.

GHook93??? Where are you????

Was on a conference call. I obvious like the gadgets because I buy them. I just wish our politicians would get out of the way and allow these products to be made at home! Cain is the man that will do that!

Where are the human rights whackos on China's policy on exterminating girl babies in lieu of males?

So we're all in agreement that buying products made in China is a bad thing, right? And that we should not buy in stores (like WalMart) that sell so much of their stuff.

Oh....and GHook!! You've been asked (several times) to back up your contention the buying Apple products is a "left" thing. Got some proof or anything to back it up?

It's not as black and white as saying buying from China is a bad thing. We need to give incentive for them to make them here.

Never said buying from Apple was a leftist thing, rather I said calling them the Green Different Than Other Corps thing was a leftist thing!

Forum List

Back