Leftists now change the definition of INFRASTRUCTURE, say it includes HUMAN INFRASTRUCTURE

$400 billion for home-based care for elderly and disabled?

Doesnt sound like infrastructure to me.

Lets call it the “Save the elderly and disabled bill”.

Bernie is a sellout for backing Dems and their insane policies.

Bernie used to be against open borders and mass immigration because it takes jobs from Americans and lowers wages.

Hey Bernie, we had a President that fought for and created half a million manufacturing jobs plus millions more other types of jobs. And instead of backing him you backed the guy that voted for every stupid trade deal that fucked this nation over and a party that advocates open borders and mass immigration.

There are more jobs now than before Covid.. Look at the latest numbers.

Post the numbers.

Already posted, but there are many, many sources if you don't like USA Today.

Infrastructure

NOUN
the basic physical and organizational structures and facilities (e.g. buildings, roads, power supplies) needed for the operation of a society or enterprise.

Waterworks
Roads
Bridges
Dams
Electric grid
Broadband
Schools
Nursing homes
Rural Healthcare Clinics
Railways
Airports
Childcare centers
Pipelines

ALL appear to fit the present description imo....No new definition needed.

Well hell, my neighbors house could use a new roof, add that to your list.

I have some infrastructure I’d like to do at my house. I should try to get a couple million to get it done.

Bernie used to be against open borders and mass immigration because it takes jobs from Americans and lowers wages.

Hey Bernie, we had a President that fought for and created half a million manufacturing jobs plus millions more other types of jobs. And instead of backing him you backed the guy that voted for every stupid trade deal that fucked this nation over and a party that advocates open borders and mass immigration.

There are more jobs now than before Covid.. Look at the latest numbers.
I looked...didn't see it...the UE rate is higher then it was prior to the Chinese Virus shutdowns....it's almost double

Nothing easy about recovery from the pandemic or the unaccompanied children at the border.

Biden credits American people for jobs numbers

Biden credits American people for jobs numbers
3:06
Apr 02, 2021 · President Joe Biden welcomes March job numbers as America’s employers unleashed a burst of hiring, adding 916,000 jobs for the month. "I'm giving credit to the American people," Biden says.

This doesnt say shit about there being more jobs than before the Rona. What is wrong with you?

Trump did none of those things. Off shoring continued unabated under Trump and manufacturing had dropped to 2009 levels BEFORE covid hit.

In tearing up your trade deals you trade deficit INCREASED by $115 billion dollars between 2016 and 2019, and another $50 billion in 2020.

Democrats aren't advocating for "open borders", Trump can't come close to the more than 3 million people Obama deported. But Democrats - both Clinton and Obama went after the employers, auditing thousands of corporations employment records, filing charges and collecting fines and levies.

Why Trump Has Deported Fewer Immigrants Than Obama

Border enforcement is expensive, as is holding tens of thousands of illegals in "for profit" jails. Trump spent twice as much money on border enforcement as Donald Trump and yet had much higher rates of illegal crossings and much lower rates of deportation.

That sure as hell doesn't sound like "open borders" to me. But I can see how Republicans hated it. The had to hire Americans and pay them minimum wage and comply with federal health and safety standards. They got arrested and fined if they hire illegals. Plus Tax Cuts!!!!

So they lied to you about "open borders" and lax enforcement, so you'd vote for them and they could let their rich donors hire all of the illegals they want, and scew you!!! You're paying for the bill for increased border patrol, for profit prisons, and the inevitable laws suits that will result when the kids you separated from the parent come of age and sue the US government for what was done to them.

Because the Dems pork filled INFRASTRUCTURE bill is so full of shit that has nothing to do with INFRASTRUCTURE....they just changed the definition.

Oh, you leftists never disappoint.

Always utterly full of shit.

You're a moron, Sanders just said JOBS are part of infrastructure, who is going to repair or replace a bridge?
A person, an employed person.

Because the Dems pork filled INFRASTRUCTURE bill is so full of shit that has nothing to do with INFRASTRUCTURE....they just changed the definition.

Oh, you leftists never disappoint.

Always utterly full of shit.

The definition of infrastructure has changed over the centuries. Our ancestors didn't use electricity, gas or WIFI.

Childcare and elder care are "infrastucture". So is WIFI. If there is no childcare or schools, parents can't go to work. Anything that is necessary for the population to function productively is "infrastructure", and that definition changes as society advances.

20 years ago, WIFI was a luxury item that few homes or businesses needed. Today, the USA is losing billions of dollars in business and investment because of the lack of WIFI throughout low population areas where it is unprofitable for providers to install the cables. Those areas of the country, can't attract manufacturing or large scale investment because big business needs WIFI.

The USA in general, and the Republican Party in particular, are living in the past glories of the 1950's when Europe and Japan lay in ruins, and most of the manufacturing capability in the world was in the USA and the country was awash in tax dollars from 90% tax rates.

Certainly nothing has been done to build or maintain infrastructure since before Reagan was President - before the days of internet, WIFI, robotics, or social media. Time to bring your infrastructure into the 21st Century instead of living in the 1950's notions of what is necessary for business and the people to thrive.

Human capital: the skills, knowledge, and experience possessed by an individual or population, viewed in terms of their value or cost to an organization or country.

$400 billion for home-based care for elderly and disabled?

Doesnt sound like infrastructure to me.

Lets call it the “Save the elderly and disabled bill”.
we have millions of boomers on their way out the door.

Building nursing homes for all of them is too costly, and a waste of money, when the following generations will not have as many seniors to care for, as the boomer generation....

in home services for the elderly care in their own homes is less costly than building enough nursing homes for all of these boomers....imo.

Infrastructure

NOUN
the basic physical and organizational structures and facilities (e.g. buildings, roads, power supplies) needed for the operation of a society or enterprise.

Waterworks
Roads
Bridges
Dams
Electric grid
Broadband
Schools
Nursing homes
Rural Healthcare Clinics
Railways
Airports
Childcare centers
Pipelines

Which one does this fall under Care4all

The proposal includes $20 billion to advance racial equity and environmental justice.

Infrastructure

NOUN

Waterworks
Roads
Bridges
Dams
Electric grid
Broadband
Schools
Nursing homes
Rural Healthcare Clinics
Railways
Airports
Childcare centers
Pipelines

The proposal includes $20 billion to advance racial equity and environmental justice.
Do you have a link, that gives details to the proposal?

Infrastructure

NOUN

Waterworks
Roads
Bridges
Dams
Electric grid
Broadband
Schools
Nursing homes
Rural Healthcare Clinics
Railways
Airports
Childcare centers
Pipelines

Human Capital has been considered infrastructure for over 100 years.

Do comprehend that Jim Crow was an economic Albatross for the South?

Infrastructure

NOUN

Waterworks
Roads
Bridges
Dams
Electric grid
Broadband
Schools
Nursing homes
Rural Healthcare Clinics
Railways
Airports
Childcare centers
Pipelines

Do you have a link, that gives details to the proposal?
Details? How can you have details for libnut made up bullshit like "environmental justice"? WTF is the definition of environmental justice? This is thrown in there as pork for lefty dumbassery.

Let's go at this another direction: why don't you write any details you can that would make "environmental justice" and "racial equity" fit any of the criteria for infrastructure.

Infrastructure

NOUN

Waterworks
Roads
Bridges
Dams
Electric grid
Broadband
Schools
Nursing homes
Rural Healthcare Clinics
Railways
Airports
Childcare centers
Pipelines

Cool story. WTF does it have to do with my post?

Infrastructure

NOUN

Waterworks
Roads
Bridges
Dams
Electric grid
Broadband
Schools
Nursing homes
Rural Healthcare Clinics
Railways
Airports
Childcare centers
Pipelines

I already posted the definition of HUMAN CAPITAL.. Maybe you should study the history of Spain.. Reinvesting in citizens and infrastructure is the only sane course.

Infrastructure

NOUN

Waterworks
Roads
Bridges
Dams
Electric grid
Broadband
Schools
Nursing homes
Rural Healthcare Clinics
Railways
Airports
Childcare centers
Pipelines

I already posted the definition of HUMAN CAPITAL.. Maybe you should study the history of Spain.. Reinvesting in citizens and infrastructure is the only sane course.
So?

Human capital has nothing to do with my post. You seem confused.

Infrastructure

NOUN

Waterworks
Roads
Bridges
Dams
Electric grid
Broadband
Schools
Nursing homes
Rural Healthcare Clinics
Railways
Airports
Childcare centers
Pipelines

We are spending massive amounts of resources on human capital. Frankly, if this was private enterprise we would be out of business for the sloppiness, inefficiency, graft, corruption, stealing and irresponsible personal behaviors enabled by it. Only the endless funnel of tax dollars keeps it going. Something that can be noble has been proven time after time to be of decay or end that way in human history. The results should be so much better.

Infrastructure

NOUN

Waterworks
Roads
Bridges
Dams
Electric grid
Broadband
Schools
Nursing homes
Rural Healthcare Clinics
Railways
Airports
Childcare centers
Pipelines

Tax funded welfare payments to dregs to hold signs

Infrastructure

NOUN

Waterworks
Roads
Bridges
Dams
Electric grid
Broadband
Schools
Nursing homes
Rural Healthcare Clinics
Railways
Airports
Childcare centers
Pipelines

We are spending massive amounts of resources on human capital. Frankly, if this was private enterprise we would be out of business for the sloppiness, inefficiency, graft, corruption, stealing and irresponsible personal behaviors enabled by it. Only the endless funnel of tax dollars keeps it going. Something that can be noble has been proven time after time to be of decay or end that way in human history. The results should be so much better.

On the other hand countries that invest in clean water, healthcare, clean power, education and healthcare are doing very well.

Forum List

Back