Leftist judge fights to keep murderer suspects OUT of jail

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
In the crime-ridden Democrat city of Chicago, which is so bad that even Lightfoot wants dangerous scumbag in jail, an activist leftist judge, taking the side of violent thugs over law-abiding citizens, fights to keep them out of jail on a flawed home monitoring system.

(What is driving this is “equity”: more blacks are in jail, proportionate to their numbers, since they violent commit crimes disproptionate to their numbers, and leftists want to “equitize“ things. Thus the push to eliminate bail and decriminalize violence.)

You guys somehow manage to make even Faux Noise's infotainment sound rational by comparison.
What are you saying? You’re in favor of releasing thugs accused of murder instead of putting them in jail on bail - and putting innocent people at risk?

The degree to which leftists stick up for criminals will turn this country into a lawless, chaotic nation - which is what they are aiming for. We will stop you at the ballot box come November.

What are you saying? You’re in favor of releasing thugs accused of murder instead of putting them in jail on bail - and putting innocent people at risk?

The degree to which leftists stick up for criminals will turn this country into a lawless, chaotic nation - which is what they are aiming for. We will stop you at the ballot box come November.
Sounds to me like that's what he's saying.

So we see democrats letting blacks and criminals run wild and do nothing to stop them and in some cases encourage it.

So my question is, why? Why excuse thugs and allow them to keep comitting crimes?

I still say they want shit so out of control that it gives them an excuse to step in and take more control for "the sake of protecting Americans". They want to create scenarios where they can assume power and create new seats of power to put their people in. They are trying to become so entrenched they can't be stopped.

So we see democrats letting blacks and criminals run wild and do nothing to stop them and in some cases encourage it.

So my question is, why? Why excuse thugs and allow them to keep comitting crimes?

I still say they want shit so out of control that it gives them an excuse to step in and take more control for "the sake of protecting Americans". They want to create scenarios where they can assume power and create new seats of power to put their people in. They are trying to become so entrenched they can't be stopped.
You are right.

It is usually illegal to keep someone in jail over bail.
The only times an unaffordable bail is appropriate is if the person is a high flight risk, or if they are so out of control that they are likely to be an immediate threat to others.
Neither of these is likely true in most cases, so you really should not be setting high bail, almost ever.
And bail should be proportional to income.
Poor unemployed people likely should be let out without bail in almost all cases.

In general, denying low bail is punishment before trial, and can ruins people's lives.
It is one of the worst crimes possible.
Government has no authority to punish before trial, so anyone posing high bail is a criminal, (except in a few flight or extremely violent cases).

You're not wrong. It's right out of the Communist playbook. People don't read history.

Forum List

Back