Lebron, Magic and the Lakers are a Dumpster Fire

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
This was once a proud franchise, now they are a complete joke. 30-35, tied for 11th in the Western Conference, They have not made the playoffs in five seasons, management has shown no support for the players, Lebron and management have shown that. Lebron has quit playing any defense, and looks disinterested in even being there. Lebron has publicly chastised his teammates for putting there all into the team. Free agents are now looking at other teams to join, including cross town rival the Los Angeles Clippers over the Lakers. Luke Walton will undeservedly will be fired. Magic Johnson botched the Anthony Davis trade. Can it get worse? If San Antonio or the Clippers go 4-12 the rest of the season the Lakers would have to go 11-6 just to catch them. They have three years left of the James contract, and a lot of young talent that has had the cohesiveness of the team ripped apart by James and his fragile ego.

Last Season they were righting the ship, this year James has sunk it.

This was once a proud franchise, now they are a complete joke. 30-35, tied for 11th in the Western Conference, They have not made the playoffs in five seasons, management has shown no support for the players, Lebron and management have shown that. Lebron has quit playing any defense, and looks disinterested in even being there. Lebron has publicly chastised his teammates for putting there all into the team. Free agents are now looking at other teams to join, including cross town rival the Los Angeles Clippers over the Lakers. Luke Walton will undeservedly will be fired. Magic Johnson botched the Anthony Davis trade. Can it get worse? If San Antonio or the Clippers go 4-12 the rest of the season the Lakers would have to go 11-6 just to catch them. They have three years left of the James contract, and a lot of young talent that has had the cohesiveness of the team ripped apart by James and his fragile ego.

I've never understood why LeBron went there in the first place. There wasn't much of a roster, and then Magic added some questionable characters out of desperation to do something.

LeBron must have gone there just assuming that his presence would be a magnet for other superstars. I guess that makes sense, but it sure hasn't turned out that way.

I've never understood why LeBron went there in the first place. There wasn't much of a roster, and then Magic added some questionable characters out of desperation to do something.

LeBron must have gone there just assuming that his presence would be a magnet for other superstars. I guess that makes sense, but it sure hasn't turned out that way.
It could still happen but LeBron has a lot of miles on those tires

Hard for an older player to carry a team by himself

I've also seen some quotes from players who say that any team that LeBron is on, becomes All About LeBron.

I guess I can see that too, but if you're about winning, that shouldn't be an issue, I'd think.

I've also seen some quotes from players who say that any team that LeBron is on, becomes All About LeBron.

I guess I can see that too, but if you're about winning, that shouldn't be an issue, I'd think.
Many aging stars, like Kareem, Wilt, Oscar, Magic won championships when they were older. But they accepted supporting roles and provided leadership and moments of brilliance

Can't do it night after night

Talk about dumpster fire, imagine what it's like to be a Suns fan like me. :icon_cry:

Lebron went to LA to make movies. As rep Omar would say, it’s all about the Benjamin’s

Last edited:
Back to the Lakers

Rob Pelinka and Magic Johnson are totally at fault here. They surrounded Lebron with playmakers who can’t shoot. Everybody who knows basketball knows Lebron needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He simply cannot, nor does he have the desire to, play off the ball.

As far as Lebron is concerned, him not making the playoffs in the western conference illustrates just how bad the east has been during his 8 straight years representing the east in the finals. As poorly assembled as this Laker team is, they’re better than some of the cavs teams he took to the finals, and Lebron can’t even make the playoffs with them in the west.’

Back to the Lakers

Rob Pelinka and Magic Johnson are totally at fault here. They surrounded Lebron with playmakers who can’t shoot. Everybody who knows basketball knows Lebron needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He simply cannot, nor does he have the desire to, play off the ball.

As far as Lebron is concerned, him not making the playoffs in the western conference illustrates just how bad the east has been during his 8 straight years representing the east in the finals. As poorly assembled as this Laker team is, they’re better than some of the cavs teams he took to the finals, and Lebron can’t even make the playoffs with them in the west.’
He is 34 with 15 years in the league.
Give him a game where he has to carry the team and win and he can still do it.
Asking him to do it for a season is a lot.

Lakers need talent to bear some of the burden

Back to the Lakers

Agreed. He’s got a lot of mileage under his belt and to expect him to takeover every night is unrealistic. He never won a championship without one or two great sidekicks with him when he was younger, and you can’t expect him to do it at 34. I’m not an expert when it comes to the salary cap, so I don’t know if the Lakers can maybe sign a big fish free agent, but I hope not. I’m sick of Lebron and I think it’s sort of cheesy how he builds super teams. The good news is I don’t think you’ll have too many superstars that would want to play with a 35 year old Lebron.

Back to the Lakers

Talent wise, LeBron is a great one, he is up there with Jordan, Jabbar, Russell and Chamberlain. His attitude, his indifference, his throwing his teammates under the bus, his efforts to get Walton fired, his criticism of teammates using social media while he uses social media, his putting himself above the game, detract from his abilities. His attitude is driving off talent coming to the Lakers, the celebs may like James, the average blue collar fan is fed up with his BS, he is focused on Lebron and not the Lakers.

Talk about dumpster fire, imagine what it's like to be a Suns fan like me. :icon_cry:

For that team to be so bad with the talent they have is baffling and inexcusable

Sarver goes through GMs and coaches like shit thru a goose....he thinks he knows better than them because he signs their checks.....He even threatened to move the team to San Diego at one point. No purpose is served by tanking because the team is already mostly rookies and second year men. Chances are they won't pick higher than 4th or 5th in the lottery so no Zion Williamson. They should package their draft pick and next year's for a PG who can run the offense and play a little defense for a few years. You're right...they do have enough talent to at least be mediocre.

Lebron MONKEY FACE James will not be in the playoffs this season and I feel gooooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!

Lebron MONKEY FACE James will not be in the playoffs this season and I feel gooooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!

No sympathy from me, he has ruined the Lakers, however I hate the Lakers, could not have happened to a better team.

No sympathy from me, he has ruined the Lakers, however I hate the Lakers, could not have happened to a better team.

Looks like he defintely ruined the lakers

Or a Celtics fan.

All those brooklyn picks and assets......

and all they end up with is one good season and now the rebuilding begins.....again.....with NO brooklyn picks or many assets left.

Or a Celtics fan.

All those brooklyn picks and assets......

and all they end up with is one good season and now the rebuilding begins.....again.....with NO brooklyn picks or many assets left.

Danny Ainge sat holding all of those picks for too long. Teams in general hold on to draft picks like they’re gold, when it’s better to parlay them for proven players.

The Celtic’s Tatum looks nothing like he did last year, Hayward should go back to Utah, he played much better there. I watch them and sometimes I think they do better without Irving and his attitude.

Forum List

Back