Leaked CDC and FEMA plan warns of ‘significant risk of resurgence of the virus’ with phased reopening

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
"A draft national strategy to reopen the country in phases, developed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, emphasizes that even a cautious and phased approach “will entail a significant risk of resurgence of the virus.”

The internal document, obtained by The Washington Post, warns of a “large rebound curve” of novel coronavirus cases if mitigation efforts are relaxed too quickly before vaccines are developed and distributed or broad community immunity is achieved.

About 26,000 people have now died from the coronavirus in the United States, and more than 608,000 cases have been reported.

The framework lays out criteria that should be in place before a region can responsibly ease guidelines related to public gatherings: a “genuinely low” number of cases; a “well functioning” monitoring system capable of “promptly detecting” spikes of infections; a public health system able to react robustly to new cases and local health systems that have enough inpatient beds to rapidly scale up in the event of a surge in cases."
...............................................................................................................................
From the beginning Baby Donald has prioritized the impact to the economy over the public's health and safety. It's easy to understand why. The economy.............fueled by deficit spending................is the only thing Individual 1 has to run on. This fact explains the delayed response to the virus that has resulted in the deaths of thousands of Americans.

Actually NY admitted today that thousands of their corona deaths may not have been corona deaths....but that being said of course the reopening must be done strategically...Trump's been saying that all along.....that is why all of his poll numbers from every major pollster has him above 45% approval today.....MAGA Trump is crushing it!!!!!

Now watch as the decision is made in some parts of the country to just let people die and the chips fall as they may.

Last edited:
Actually NY admitted today that thousands of their corona deaths may not have been corona deaths....but that being said of course the reopening must be done strategically...Trump's been saying that all along.....that is why all of his poll numbers from every major pollster has him above 45% approval today.....MAGA Trump is crushing it!!!!!
"Berg" is such a loser troll. He finds obscure articles, cuts and pastes them and rarely if ever provides his own verbiage. Troll. Ugly fat troll.

No matter what Trump does, you liberals would be bitching. It's what you people do.
Right now with people not working, you're bitching about Trump's economy.
He wants to get the economy going you're bitching about him wanting to get people back to work.
The USA does have to go back to work....PERIOD.
I can hardly wait for next fall's flu season, you people will be screaming

Last edited:
"Berg" is such a loser troll. He finds obscure articles, cuts and pastes them and rarely if ever provides his own verbiage. Troll. Ugly fat troll.
Then you have to subscribe to the WaPo to read the fuckin' article. :auiqs.jpg:

How stupid do you have to be to fail to see that the economy is a very important part of the health and wellbeing of this country? And if you think the economy is fueled by deficit spending, just where do you think all this money is coming from to pay every swinging dick and their brats, as well? I'm rather pleased that money will be withheld from the WHO and rather distributed to the citizens of this country in need. But think again, why are so many of our fellow Americans in need? Could it be because we are allowing the wholesale murder of the economy?
How do you feel about bailouts for the airlines?

No matter what Trump does, you liberals would be bitching. It's what you people do.
He want to get the economy going you're bitching about him wanting to get people back to work.
I agree that we need to get back to work!
Safely tho.
That Californian governor wants that too, but HIS plan is prudent.

No matter what Trump does, you liberals would be bitching.
He badly bungled the government's handling of the virus. Your deflection doesn't change that irrefutable fact.

Progressives are not surprised you cultists don't hold him responsible despite the overwhelming evidence. After all, you view your Dear Leader as being infallible.

How stupid do you have to be to fail to see that the economy is a very important part of the health and wellbeing of this country?
No one disputes that. However, we are not prepared for the economy to be re-opened unless it's on an extremely limited scale based on regional circumstances.

No matter what Trump does, you liberals would be bitching.
He badly bungled the government's handling of the virus. Your deflection doesn't change that irrefutable fact.

Progressives are not surprised you cultists don't hold him responsible despite the overwhelming evidence. After all, you view your Dear Leader as being infallible.
You've been debunked over and over with your opinion pieces.
Hell, one of your links contradicted what you stated and you argued that point. Too damn funny there, berg

"A draft national strategy to reopen the country in phases, developed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, emphasizes that even a cautious and phased approach “will entail a significant risk of resurgence of the virus.”

The internal document, obtained by The Washington Post, warns of a “large rebound curve” of novel coronavirus cases if mitigation efforts are relaxed too quickly before vaccines are developed and distributed or broad community immunity is achieved.

About 26,000 people have now died from the coronavirus in the United States, and more than 608,000 cases have been reported.

The framework lays out criteria that should be in place before a region can responsibly ease guidelines related to public gatherings: a “genuinely low” number of cases; a “well functioning” monitoring system capable of “promptly detecting” spikes of infections; a public health system able to react robustly to new cases and local health systems that have enough inpatient beds to rapidly scale up in the event of a surge in cases."
...............................................................................................................................
From the beginning Baby Donald has prioritized the impact to the economy over the public's health and safety. It's easy to understand why. The economy.............fueled by deficit spending................is the only thing Individual 1 has to run on. This fact explains the delayed response to the virus that has resulted in the deaths of thousands of Americans.

Then stay home.

"One idea being discussed at the highest levels of government is that people who appear to have recovered from covid-19 should be granted a certificate of immunity, which would give them clearance to work and do other activities. “But the proposal is mired in the slippery science of this new virus,” Joel Achenbach, Carolyn Johnson and Paige Winfield Cunningham report. “No one knows whether a recovered covid-19 patient is actually immune to a new infection — or if they are immune, how complete or long-lasting that might be. Some kind of immunity post-infection is the most plausible scenario for covid-19 patients. That’s the pattern with most infectious diseases. … Yet there are preliminary reports out of South Korea and China, not yet peer-reviewed but gaining broad attention, that have surprised and baffled scientists. Some survivors test positive after they’ve been officially cured. They also have widely varying amounts of antibodies — abundant in some survivors, undetectable in others.”

He want to get the economy going you're bitching about him wanting to get people back to work.
I agree that we need to get back to work!
Safely tho.
That Californian governor wants that too, but HIS plan is prudent.
Gay Gavin Gruesome Newsom does whatever Auntie Nancy Pelosi lets him do,

We are now seeing the occurrence of the virus again, in big numbers, in countries that reopened....

so it is not like this prediction isn't already happening in the real world.....

gawd almighty, this virus is a real bastard!

Then stay home.
Get back to us when you are prepared to engage in the discussion in a meaningful way........and not like a moron.

That's all there is to it. It's pretty meaningful and as simple as that. Me, I'm ready to go work again. I don't live in fear all the time. It's a free country. If my employer says it's time to come back I'm coming back. If you don't want to go bac then don't. That simple. you just gotta figure out where the food and rent is coming from. Not being a dick.

what-if-i-1f000701b5.jpg

We are now seeing the occurrence of the virus again, in big numbers, in countries that reopened....

so it is not like this prediction isn't already happening in the real world.....

gawd almighty, this virus is a real bastard!

I think one of the survivors that came on TX with trump tested positive after testing negative. Wonder if it's just bugs in the test because they are so new?

Forum List

Back