Lawyers are offering to defend Trump’s sexual assault accusers for free

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
In what was supposed to be a major policy speech on his first 100 days as president, Donald Trump’s only new proposal was vowing to sue the women who have accused him of sexual assault.

But in response, some prominent First Amendment attorneys are vowing to defend Trump’s accusers pro bono, or free of charge. Ted Boutrous of the law firm Gibson Dunn and Harvard law professor Laurence Tribe have thrown their hats into the ring on social media, and Boutrous says there are others willing to follow suit.

More: Lawyers are offering to defend Trump’s sexual assault accusers for free

Wow, even Laurence Tribe is offering free pro bono help to Trump's accusers. In fact, Laurence Tribe is appearing live on Lawrence O'Donnell right now. Trump is in over his head - big time!

Who is Laurence Tribe, you ask?

Laurence Tribe - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Laurence Tribe just called Trump an idiot. Tribe said Trump's predatory admission tape on the bus is admissible in court.

Last edited:
In what was supposed to be a major policy speech on his first 100 days as president, Donald Trump’s only new proposal was vowing to sue the women who have accused him of sexual assault.

But in response, some prominent First Amendment attorneys are vowing to defend Trump’s accusers pro bono, or free of charge. Ted Boutrous of the law firm Gibson Dunn and Harvard law professor Laurence Tribe have thrown their hats into the ring on social media, and Boutrous says there are others willing to follow suit.

Wow, even Laurence Tribe is offering free pro bono help to Trump's accusers. In fact, Laurence Tribe is appearing live on Lawrence O'Donnell right now. Trump is in over his head - big time!
He'll have to do it for free because after Trump gets through with his lawsuit against them they won't have a dime left to their name. That's what happens when you bring false accusations against a candidate in order to save the other one (who can't win without rigged elections, false allegations, etc.).

You can laugh but they won't be, Lakhota. In fact, I don't believe they will go to court because if they get on a stand with these lies they are going to prison for perjury and would be sued. So there you have it. Don't hold your breath.

I want Trump to sue. After all, he already detailed what he does and how he does it. If there were a women who isn't for real, at least Trump provided her a ready made script. But I suspect all of these many women are telling the truth. Which, unfortunately, is why she won't sue.

It'd definitely be interesting to see Mr. Tribe actively practice law, particularly seeing as it's likely that at least one other attorney in the matter quite likely could have been one of his students.

On the other hand, I cannot imagine the case being anything other than dismissed as frivolous from the get go. That the accusations were made while Trump was running for political office severely hurts any potential claim he may make re: libel/slander. Hell, his own words are among the best arguments against him, especially given the very sloppy and imprecise way he expresses himself.

Pure nonsense and bluster. Nice to jump on the publicity train.

You can laugh but they won't be, Lakhota. In fact, I don't believe they will go to court because if they get on a stand with these lies they are going to prison for perjury and would be sued. So there you have it. Don't hold your breath.

Huh? Trump is the one threatening to sue THEM. It doesn't sound to me like you read the entire OP. I suggest you click on the link and read it all.

David Brock from Media Matters said right from the get go he would cover all legal expenses for whoever wanted to come forward and smear Trump.

It was always a planned set up just like lyin her ass off Miss Piggy.

Laurence Tribe just called Trump an idiot. Tribe said Trump's predatory admission tape on the bus is admissible in court.

It does not matter.

If they can't prove it happened, they might be in trouble.

BTW: Lawrence Tribe is a moron.

I want Trump to sue. After all, he already detailed what he does and how he does it. If there were a women who isn't for real, at least Trump provided her a ready made script. But I suspect all of these many women are telling the truth. Which, unfortunately, is why she won't sue.

I don't want him to sue.

That is stupid.

I think what is more important is that if he can show that this is a concerted effort, people should be going to jail.

I don't want him to sue.

That is stupid.

I think what is more important is that if he can show that this is a concerted effort, people should be going to jail.

Funny. At least one woman is a Republican.

Donald Trump could bring more firepower than Tribe could ever hope to handle.

But the basic arguments will rest on the the ability to smear someone who is running for office.

It does not matter.

If they can't prove it happened, they might be in trouble.

BTW: Lawrence Tribe is a moron.

Moron? Where is your "credible" proof.

Laurence Tribe - Wikipedia

I know who Laurence Tribe is.

He's had his head so far up Obama's ass, you can see his face on Obama's shirt.

I don't want him to sue.

That is stupid.

Funny. At least one woman is a Republican.

And that matters why ?

I am no defender of Donald. If they can prove their claims, they should do so.

Trump is a goof.

He'll have to do it for free because after Trump gets through with his lawsuit against them they won't have a dime left to their name. That's what happens when you bring false accusations against a candidate in order to save the other one (who can't win without rigged elections, false allegations, etc.).
Looking forward to the Discovery motions......against Drumpf. First up...the tapes from Apprentice. Second up...any tapes from Howard Stern.

Forum List

Back