Lawsuit filed to remove Trump from ballot in CO under 14th Amendment

He still lied under oath. That's perjury and an easily provable crime in that case.
Or he sincerely believed that oral gratification wasn't the same thing as sexual intercourse.

The one time I had to testify in court, my lawyer spent an hour drilling me on NOT volunteering information that would have helped the other side's case. (Fortunately the other side folded like a cheap suit the minute we got to court.)

Or he sincerely believed that oral gratification wasn't the same thing as sexual intercourse.

The one time I had to testify in court, my lawyer spent an hour drilling me on NOT volunteering information that would have helped the other side's case. (Fortunately the other side folded like a cheap suit the minute we got to court.)

Bull fucking shit.

Groups seeking to keep President Trump off the ballot next year notched a key legal victory this week, after a Colorado state judge sided with their view of an arcane but critical question: Does Congress need to do anything for Trump to be disqualified under the Constitution’s Disqualification Clause?

The judge ruled on Wednesday in a case brought by good government nonprofit CREW that no federal laws are required to apply the Constitution’s Disqualification Clause, a Reconstruction-era provision which bans officials who engaged in insurrection from holding future office.

At the heart of the question is whether the Disqualification Clause is self-executing. If it is, then no judge needs to rule, and Congress does not need to pass a law so that officials can bar those who engaged in an insurrection from the ballot. In other words, the Disqualification Clause is ready to go.

Trump, backed up by some conservative legal scholars, has thrown an array of arguments at judges hearing the Disqualification Clause cases to try to fend off the challenges, including an attempt to say that the provision is not self-executing, that Congress would need to pass a law specifying how it was to be applied.

Clearly lower court decisions on this matter will be challenged but gosh, what a boon for the country if Trump is reduced to just a bloviating moron instead of a bloviating moron who can run for prez.

Groups seeking to keep President Trump off the ballot next year notched a key legal victory this week, after a Colorado state judge sided with their view of an arcane but critical question: Does Congress need to do anything for Trump to be disqualified under the Constitution’s Disqualification Clause?

The judge ruled on Wednesday in a case brought by good government nonprofit CREW that no federal laws are required to apply the Constitution’s Disqualification Clause, a Reconstruction-era provision which bans officials who engaged in insurrection from holding future office.

At the heart of the question is whether the Disqualification Clause is self-executing. If it is, then no judge needs to rule, and Congress does not need to pass a law so that officials can bar those who engaged in an insurrection from the ballot. In other words, the Disqualification Clause is ready to go.

Trump, backed up by some conservative legal scholars, has thrown an array of arguments at judges hearing the Disqualification Clause cases to try to fend off the challenges, including an attempt to say that the provision is not self-executing, that Congress would need to pass a law specifying how it was to be applied.

Clearly lower court decisions on this matter will be challenged but gosh, what a boon for the country if Trump is reduced to just a bloviating moron instead of a bloviating moron who can run for prez.

Maduro in Venezuela would be proud of you idiots.

María Corina Machado is winner of Venezuela's opposition primary that the government has denounced

Forum List

Back