Lawmakers Who Tweeted Prayers For Oregon Also Took Big Money From NRA

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Last Thursday, Americans paused as they have become accustomed to doing, as national news reported a mass shooting at Umpqua Community College in Oregon. Politicians and lawmakers immediately began publicly sending their condolences and calls to prayer via social media sites like Twitter for the "senseless" loss of life. Ironically, many of those same politicians had the victim's blood on their hands as they offered their thoughts. In a new video (above) produced by Brave New Films, we highlight their culpability.

President Obama gave an emblazoned and passionate speech a few hours after the reported tragedy. He lamented about the "routine" our nation has fallen into with our response to mass shootings. In 2015 alone there have only been 274 days, but 294 mass shootings. "Our thoughts and prayers are not enough!" President Obama said.

He is correct. Of the hundreds of tweets that were sent out from men and women of Congress, a strange contradiction occurred: dozens who offered their condolences were indebted to gun manufacturers and the NRA to keep them in office. Thus, they were the enablers of blocking the common sense gun laws that could have helped prevent the tragedy in Oregon.

While over 92% of gun owners and over 70% of NRA members support universal background checks and improved reporting of mental health checks when purchasing a firearm, the NRA DOES NOT support these common-sense measures.

In short, the NRA has become a front for gun companies to create marketing strategies that keep Americans in fear for their lives if they DON'T own a gun, and a vehicle to purchase politicians to clear the path for as little intervention as possible. The gun companies dole out close to $100 million dollars to the NRA who, in turn, generously donate to any politician willing to push the agenda of the gun companies, even if they are directly in contradiction to the wants of NRA membership. To keep membership high, they use those dollars to run smear campaigns of anyone that does NOT support their politics, claiming attacks on the 2nd Amendment, the desire to eliminate gun ownership, and an attack on American values. They do this by buying politicians.

More: Prayer Won't Stop Gun Violence. Legislation Will.

These dishonorable politicians are so sadly hypocritical. We need politicians who have the courage to do what is right who can't be bought by self-serving gun lobbyists.

We need politicians who have the courage to do what is right who can't be bought by self-serving gun lobbyists.
People like you are why the NRA is so strong; the more you work to mindlessly and needlessly limit the rights of the law abiding, the stronger the NRA gets.
Keep up the good work.

Believe me - we will. The NRA was hijacked by radical thugs in 1977. I cancelled my membership. So did President George H.W. Bush

Letter of Resignation Sent By Bush to Rifle Association - NYTimes.com

I see the afternoon DNC emails have gone out to their operatives directing them on which stories to push on message boards..

We need politicians who have the courage to do what is right who can't be bought by self-serving gun lobbyists.
People like you are why the NRA is so strong; the more you work to mindlessly and needlessly limit the rights of the law abiding, the stronger the NRA gets.
Keep up the good work.

Believe me - we will. The NRA was hijacked by radical thugs in 1977. I cancelled my membership. So did President George H.W. Bush

Letter of Resignation Sent By Bush to Rifle Association - NYTimes.com
The democrap party was hijacked in the 60's and yet you retards still suck their balls.

Would either of those proposals had stopped the Oregon half black male atheist get his guns???

Possibly - because he did have documented learning and/or emotional issues. He was also discharged from Army basic training after only one month.

Criminal histories and documented mental health problems did not prevent at least eight of the gunmen in 14 recent mass shootings from obtaining their weapons, after federal background checks led to approval of the purchases of the guns used.

Christopher Harper-Mercer, 26, killed nine people at Umpqua Community College in Oregon, where he was a student. He was armed with six guns, including a Glock pistol, a Smith & Wesson pistol, a Taurus pistol and a Del-Ton assault rifle, according to The Associated Press.

Mr. Harper-Mercer was in the Army for one month, but was discharged before completing basic training.

He graduated from the Switzer Learning Center in Torrance, Calif., which teaches students with learning disabilities and emotional issues.

BEFORE SHOOTING
In all, Mr. Harper-Mercer owned 14 firearms, all of which were bought legally through a federally licensed firearms dealer, a federal official said Friday. Some were bought by Mr. Harper-Mercer, and some by members of his family.

OCT. 1, 2015
He killed nine people in Roseburg, Ore.

More: How They Got Their Guns

Last edited:

Forum List

Back