Law abiding but irresponsible

Why bother with those nuisance background checks when you can just get your weapons out of unlocked cars? I know the gun/criminal lobby likes to see people having their guns stolen because they know that the idiots will just buy more guns.
Police challenged in circulating information on Alle-Kiski crime spree TribLIVE

This is just stupid.
You could say that about anything you purchase.
I'm out..
There`s a bit of a difference between having a gun stolen or having a bicycle stolen. You think?

Why bother with those nuisance background checks when you can just get your weapons out of unlocked cars? I know the gun/criminal lobby likes to see people having their guns stolen because they know that the idiots will just buy more guns.

This is just stupid.
I'm out..
There`s a bit of a difference between having a gun stolen or having a bicycle stolen. You think?

What the fuck does that have to do with the OP?

Why is the gun lobby dead set against having to report a stolen gun? Only a fool would think that it has nothing to do with the fact that the gun makers contribute millions to the lobby in hopes that they will push for more gun sales...by whatever means?

Who is against reporting a stolen gun? Anyone with any sense would report it, if for no other reason than the insurance.

Unless, of course, there is some fear that the local law enforcement would harass the victim of the crime. Since there have been gun owners jailed for ridiculous reasons (including having an inoperable shotgun shell in his home).

But I have not seen the fight against reporting stolen guns.

This is just stupid.
I'm out..

Indeed there is. But in the context of your claim, it is the same. You claim that the gun lobby "likes it" when guns are stolen. My point (and likely HWGA's) is that if your evidence is that they get to sell you more guns, the same can apply to any manufacturer of any product.

Why is the gun lobby dead set against having to report a stolen gun? Only a fool would think that it has nothing to do with the fact that the gun makers contribute millions to the lobby in hopes that they will push for more gun sales...by whatever means?

Who is against reporting a stolen gun? Anyone with any sense would report it, if for no other reason than the insurance.

Unless, of course, there is some fear that the local law enforcement would harass the victim of the crime. Since there have been gun owners jailed for ridiculous reasons (including having an inoperable shotgun shell in his home).

Perhaps you haven`t seen the fight against reporting stolen guns. You have now.
Pennsylvania could give the NRA the right to sue cities - The Washington Post

Ok. Seems like it is more of a jurisdictional battle, but I will go along with your claim here. But that does not show that anyone "likes" gun thefts. It simply shows a certain amount of paranoia concerning privately owned guns and gov't agencies.

The NRA also has spent money promoting safe, secure storage of firearms. Why would they do that if they "like" gun thefts?

The NRA also has spent money promoting safe, secure storage of firearms. Why would they do that if they "like" gun thefts?

Damn!! There you go screwing up his narrative.

I`m still trying to figure out why they support straw purchases. Why else would they be opposed to reporting stolen guns?

So the gun lobby likes it when guns are stolen because we will just buy more?

Ok, first, please show any evidence that any pro-gun organization "likes" gun theft.

And as for buying more, name one single item you own that, if stolen, you would not replace? If you can, you didn't want that item anyway. Of course they replace it, don't be daft.

Certainly manufacturers like more sales. The organizations all seem to be in bed with the manufacturers so it's not a stretch. Heck crimes might now be committed with stolen gun making others foolishly think they need a gun. It's great for sales.

Oh please! So Ford likes car theft, since they get to sell you another car? Sony likes burglaries since they get to sell you another tv?

Like I said, name one item that you own that, if stolen, you would not replace?

I guess whether owning a gun for self defense is "foolish" only if you never need it. But then, the same can be said of car insurance or a fire extinguisher in your home.

Companies want to make money, so yes. You are foolish if you think they are not all about $$$$.

You are much more likely to need those things than a gun. Car insurance won't accidently kill you either.

Whether you need a gun or not sorta depends on whether you face a violent criminal. If you need a gun and don't have it, you have some serious problems. If you "need" a tv and don't have one it is not so bad. If you need a car and don't have one, it is inconvenient.

And as for the "foolish" remark, here is a Dept of Justice study with some interesting numbers:
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/ascii/vdhb.txt

"An estimated 3.7 million household burglaries occurred each
year on average from 2003 to 2007. In about 28% of these
burglaries, a household member was present during the burglary.
In 7% of all household burglaries, a household member
experienced some form of violent victimization (figure 1)."

28% of 3.7 million means 1,036,000 people were home when their house was invaded.
7% of 3.7 million means 256,000 people were violently assaulted by someone invading their home.

How many of those people were caught by surprise, probably sleeping? Gun not much good then. If criminal is armed how many more defenders now die in a shootout rather than get beat up a little or a lot?

It is not okay to get beat up a little or a lot. Get a Four Paws security system. A couple of dogs and cats should do just fine.

I`m still trying to figure out why they support straw purchases. Why else would they be opposed to reporting stolen guns?

Forum List

Back