LaVoy Finicum, armed with a handgun, reached for his waistband just before he was shot

Oh my! Looks like big trouble:

Oregon Officials Call LaVoy Finicum Death “Disturbing”

New video from the Oregonian, Oregon’s largest newspaper, provides a dual view of the murder of LaVoy Finicum by federal agents and Oregon State Police. At no point did Mr. Finicum, or the passengers in his vehicle, pose a threat to the law enforcement officials who gunned down Finicum, and shot up the vehicle full of innocent and defenseless passengers. In a statement on Tuesday, Oregon Governor Kate Brown said, “Any loss of life is regrettable, and I appreciate that the independent investigation into the actions of Oregon State Police was completed swiftly and thoroughly. . . Additional questions the investigation raised about the actions of federal agents who were also involved are troubling and properly the subject of an ongoing investigation.”

Oregon’s lone Republican in the U.S. Congress, Representative Greg Walden (R-Hood River), issued the following statement regarding the independent investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of LaVoy Finicum: “This independent investigation gives us some answers to what happened, but leaves me disturbed and bewildered by the role of the FBI agents who are now under federal investigation themselves.

Uh-oh....looks like you didn't read your own source.

The part you highlighted....isn't Oregon officials. Its op-ed from Douglas V. Gibbs from the Canada Free Press......a right wing Canadian website.
Ever been to Turkey?

New video from the Oregonian, Oregon’s largest newspaper, provides a dual view of the murder of LaVoy Finicum by federal agents and Oregon State Police. At no point did Mr. Finicum, or the passengers in his vehicle, pose a threat to the law enforcement officials who gunned down Finicum, and shot up the vehicle full of innocent and defenseless passengers. In a statement on Tuesday, Oregon Governor Kate Brown said, “Any loss of life is regrettable, and I appreciate that the independent investigation into the actions of Oregon State Police was completed swiftly and thoroughly. . . Additional questions the investigation raised about the actions of federal agents who were also involved are troubling and properly the subject of an ongoing investigation.”

Oregon’s lone Republican in the U.S. Congress, Representative Greg Walden (R-Hood River), issued the following statement regarding the independent investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of LaVoy Finicum: “This independent investigation gives us some answers to what happened, but leaves me disturbed and bewildered by the role of the FBI agents who are now under federal investigation themselves.

The part you highlighted....isn't Oregon officials. Its op-ed from Douglas V. Gibbs from the Canada Free Press......a right wing Canadian website.
Ever been to Turkey?

Laughing....yet another desperate attempt to change the subject, Stephen?

Next time read your sources before you cite them. It will help you avoid humiliating blunders like the one you just made.

S post: 13724867 said:

Ever been to Turkey?

Next time read your sources before you cite them. It will help you avoid humiliating blunders like the one you just made.
Ever had bootleegger family members from way back?

Ever been to Turkey?

You keep running, I'll keep laughing. Deal, Stephen?

He was making the motion because he had been tazed

Says who?
It's being reported in the news...

After Finicum crashed into the snowbank and left his truck, state troopers told him at least three times to get on the ground, according to the video. The trooper with the Taser stepped through the snow toward Finicum.

"He was attempting to control or subdue Mr. Finicum with less lethal force
after Mr. Finicum refused orders to get on the ground," said Deschutes County Sheriff Shane Nelson, who led the investigation into the shooting.

FBI agents under investigation for possible misconduct in LaVoy Finicum shooting

Finicum had a meeting with the sheriff who was waiting on them. The troopers could have called into the Sheriffs Dept to confirm Finicum was telling the truth. It was crucial Finicum had to be at that meeting in order to avoid being executed by the feds.
What lunacy. People being arrested don't get to dictate to law enforcement.

Nor do they get to dictate the conditions under which they agree to stop committing the very same felony.

The whole thing is just insane miscarriage of justice. These jerks already get welfare that amounts to 93% of their grazing fees and they have the nerve to occupy a govt facility and threaten people with guns, steal private and public property, force the employees to hide from them, completely trash the place, beg for charity and more welfare and on and on and on.

Its time they were held accountable.

Teddy, the ball is in your court. Show us. Don't tell us.

Well, you know that my source is infowars.com don't you? Just KIDDING! My problem with you and faun are the fact that you both parrot every single thing that the .gov and the media says as if it is a proven beyond a shadow of a doubt fact. That is the level of proof needed in a court to convict someone of a crime. And now we know that some of the FBI agents have lied. Doesn't that give you any pause at all?

Not only that, but during this whole thing the media has twisted some of the details (I am into details) to make them seem as fact. An indictment and/or complaint or even a warrant issued will make certain claims, none of which have been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt in court, yet the media and you two take it as fact and have convicted every player as if it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt in a court of law. That has been my biggest problem with everyone that just repeats the media and .gov side verbatim.

For the record I do not believe I EVER said 'not over 40mph', but 40-50 mph and then even after looking and re-thinking I may have said it could have been more. I still do not think it was 70, but whatever. Faun did not even know about the two shots fired as soon as LaVoy exited the truck at first.

And now that you have put me on the defensive and got me off on a tangent, I still want to ask again:

Why do you discount the two shots fired at LaVoy immediately only because they did not hit him? He had his hands in the air. Would you feel differently if one of them had been the kill shot? I doubt it.

Teddy, the ball is in your court. Show us. Don't tell us.

Well, you know that my source is infowars.com don't you? Just KIDDING! My problem with you and faun are the fact that you both parrot every single thing that the .gov and the media says as if it is a proven beyond a shadow of a doubt fact. That is the level of proof needed in a court to convict someone of a crime. And now we know that some of the FBI agents have lied. Doesn't that give you any pause at all?

For the third time....and lets be clear this is your very last chance: if you have a better source of information, show us.

So far you've given me excuses why you have nothing better to offer. Please remedy that with actual evidence.

He wasn't reaching for his gun. He was reaching for his kidney after being shot there.

This isn't the movies. People don't typically reach for where they've been shot. Even modern movies don't do that anymore because blood in films is no longer taboo thanks to The Wild Bunch.

from the video where he is reaching is not where the mouth of his inside pocket is or would be expected to be

He was reaching for or at his left pocket which is where his loaded 9mm was. Cops don't wait to make sure armed men fleeing custody are just reaching for their Iphones.

And how exactly cops knew there is a gun in his left pocket?

They didn't know, but cops don't wait to find out. When someone is ordered to get on the fround and instead reach for a pocket, cops are trained to open fire. If it were a black "thug" reaching for his "pocket", I'm sure you'd be just as circumspect, right?

True, however, in cases like that they cannot claim "he reached for the gun". The only thing they can say is that ""he reached for the pocket". See the difference?

Shooting at a vehicle rushing a police blockade is absolutely justified. As is shooting a man reaching for a gun to murder an Oregon State Trooper

What was the reason for the blockade?

Cops must have x-ray vision to see the "gun in the pocket".

Shooting at a vehicle rushing a police blockade is absolutely justified. As is shooting a man reaching for a gun to murder an Oregon State Trooper

A man known to be armed and having just tried to run a police blockade and narrowly missing a police officer that has been ordered to get on the ground three times ....who reaches for his pocket instead?

He's getting shot. And its completely justified.

Polishing this turd isn't going to make the circumstances of a very justified shooting change in the slightest.

Oregon’s lone Republican in the U.S. Congress, Representative Greg Walden (R-Hood River), issued the following statement regarding the independent investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of LaVoy Finicum: “This independent investigation gives us some answers to what happened, but leaves me disturbed and bewildered by the role of the FBI agents who are now under federal investiAt gation themselves.

Ever been to Turkey?

At least you admit your genetic criminal tendencies.

He wasn't trying to run a police blockade. He didn't see it until he rounded the curve. He swerved to avoid hitting the cars and the damn stupid cop who went out of his way to try to jump in front of Finicum truck. No, Finicum, instead of driving around the blockade and keep going, stopped the truck and got out. That is not attempting to run a police blockade. He stopped for the safety of his passengers, and he was executed for it by being shot 3 times in the back by murdering cowards on the government payroll.

A man known to be armed and having just tried to run a police blockade and narrowly missing a police officer that has been ordered to get on the ground three times ....who reaches for his pocket instead?

Polishing this turd isn't going to make the circumstances of a very justified shooting change in the slightest.

I never claimed shooting was or wasn't justified. When I joined this thread my first question was : Is this execution or justifiable killing?

Why would he reached for the pocket after he already had his hands in the air?

Even if he did reached for the gun, that was only after he was being shot at. Killing him after he reached for the gun would be justified. Shooting him before he reached for the gun is not.

I never claimed shooting was or wasn't justified. When I joined this thread my first question was : Is this execution or justifiable killing?

Why would he reached for the pocket after he already had his hands in the air?

Even if he did reached for the gun, that was only after he was being shot at. Killing him after he reached for the gun would be justified. Shooting him before he reached for the gun is not.
Why would someone charge a cop with a gun pointed at them?

The reason for the blockade?

How about months of armed occupation of the US govt building?

Sheesh.

You people are completely out of touch with reality.

Get a clue.

He wasn't trying to run a police blockade. He didn't see it until he rounded the curve. He swerved to avoid hitting the cars and the damn stupid cop who went out of his way to try to jump in front of Finicum truck. No, Finicum, instead of driving around the blockade and keep going, stopped the truck and got out. That is not attempting to run a police blockade. He stopped for the safety of his passengers, and he was executed for it by being shot 3 times in the back by murdering cowards on the government payroll.

"government payroll" ??

The armed insurrectionists are welfare queens, living off the public teat, supported almost entirely by the US tax payer.

Steve, you are a US traitor. You are never on the side of your country. Move to N Korea, where, I'm sure you will be much happier.

Forum List

Back