Lauren southern explains why multiculturalism is bad for America

Its funny, the OP demands that his freedoms include being able to troll on a political website, but he wants all immigrants to instantly become just like every other American.

What laws do you propose to make everyone assimilate? If an immigrant is legal, and especially if they are a naturalized citizen, you don't get to demand that they act any particular way. If you have a problem with their culture, that is your problem, not theirs.

I agree they do not get to break any of our laws. But, short of that, they get to live however they choose. It is called freedom.
It’s explained in the video why it’s important that we all strive to have the same goals and the only way to get there is if we are similar. Not look the same but similar in values and if you were divided by one group that wants certain laws because of their culture then another group when your country is completely divided and chaotic

Then don't make laws based on any cultures. Problem solved.

But I have seen you rant against naturalized citizens speaking anything but English. You demand English 100% of the time.

And what sort of cultural differences are you talking about? Other holidays (especially religious ones)? Wearing clothes that come from their native culture? Cooking ethnic or native foods?

In order to condemn it, you need to address the specifics of what you are condemning. If you are talking about Sharia Law, of course that should not be a part of US law, nor should any law based solely on religious dogma.
It’s explained in the video why it’s important for a country to be similar.. what do you disagree with?

Early I asked you to specify what cultural differences you are referring to. Can you do that?
You know

Do I? I think you have bounced around on it so much, you may not even know.

You want legal immigrants and naturalized citizens to speak English 100% of the time?

The rest, is it fashion? Should we require they never wear a sari or a kimono, or a kaftan?
Or is it food? Only McDonalds and never curry or sushi?

In the video she talks about it not being sustainable. That the multiculturalism works now, but will destroy us in 20 years.

What, exactly, about immigrants coming in legally and becoming citizens will destroy us? What part of their culture will destroy us?

And skip the religious laws nonsense. Our constitution bans laws based solely on religious dogma.
Education, wages, voting, laws, housing, resources .

How?

Every culture I have ever encountered wanted their children educated.

Every culture I have ever encountered wanted to be rewarded for their work with the highest wages they could get.

Every culture I have ever encountered wanted a home for their families.

Now, the lower wages paid to illegal immigrants, because they cannot complain to the authorities, is an issue. But a separate one. This discussion is about legal immigrants and about naturalized citizens. And they want the same thing you want. To educate their children, raise a family in a safe home, and earn money to do all that.

As for voting, I think this hits to the heart of it. The republicans are afraid the democrats will win the votes of legal immigrants and naturalized citizens by respecting their desire to be Americans AND to still hold something of their heritage.

The fear mongering against legal immigrants and naturalized citizens is just making them the boogie man. They aren't.

The true threat to our nation is not the legal immigrants speaking their native language at home.

The true threat to our nation is the corporations owning our elected officials. To be elected to any significant office requires a lot of money. Corporations are happy to give that money to their handpicked candidates. Surely you are not so naive that you believe those corporations are doing so because of their altruistic nature.

Look at the difference between the top corporate CEO's pay and the front line workers. And look at that difference 40 or 50 years ago. The 1%ers destroyed the middle class. It was not the immigrants who came here legally and become Americans.
No idea what your talking about

That is not a surprise.

Its funny, the OP demands that his freedoms include being able to troll on a political website, but he wants all immigrants to instantly become just like every other American.

What laws do you propose to make everyone assimilate? If an immigrant is legal, and especially if they are a naturalized citizen, you don't get to demand that they act any particular way. If you have a problem with their culture, that is your problem, not theirs.

I agree they do not get to break any of our laws. But, short of that, they get to live however they choose. It is called freedom.
It’s explained in the video why it’s important that we all strive to have the same goals and the only way to get there is if we are similar. Not look the same but similar in values and if you were divided by one group that wants certain laws because of their culture then another group when your country is completely divided and chaotic

But I have seen you rant against naturalized citizens speaking anything but English. You demand English 100% of the time.

And what sort of cultural differences are you talking about? Other holidays (especially religious ones)? Wearing clothes that come from their native culture? Cooking ethnic or native foods?

In order to condemn it, you need to address the specifics of what you are condemning. If you are talking about Sharia Law, of course that should not be a part of US law, nor should any law based solely on religious dogma.
It’s explained in the video why it’s important for a country to be similar.. what do you disagree with?

Early I asked you to specify what cultural differences you are referring to. Can you do that?
You know

You want legal immigrants and naturalized citizens to speak English 100% of the time?

The rest, is it fashion? Should we require they never wear a sari or a kimono, or a kaftan?

In the video she talks about it not being sustainable. That the multiculturalism works now, but will destroy us in 20 years.

What, exactly, about immigrants coming in legally and becoming citizens will destroy us? What part of their culture will destroy us?

And skip the religious laws nonsense. Our constitution bans laws based solely on religious dogma.

How?

Every culture I have ever encountered wanted to be rewarded for their work with the highest wages they could get.

Now, the lower wages paid to illegal immigrants, because they cannot complain to the authorities, is an issue. But a separate one. This discussion is about legal immigrants and about naturalized citizens. And they want the same thing you want. To educate their children, raise a family in a safe home, and earn money to do all that.

As for voting, I think this hits to the heart of it. The republicans are afraid the democrats will win the votes of legal immigrants and naturalized citizens by respecting their desire to be Americans AND to still hold something of their heritage.

The fear mongering against legal immigrants and naturalized citizens is just making them the boogie man. They aren't.

The true threat to our nation is not the legal immigrants speaking their native language at home.

The true threat to our nation is the corporations owning our elected officials. To be elected to any significant office requires a lot of money. Corporations are happy to give that money to their handpicked candidates. Surely you are not so naive that you believe those corporations are doing so because of their altruistic nature.

Look at the difference between the top corporate CEO's pay and the front line workers. And look at that difference 40 or 50 years ago. The 1%ers destroyed the middle class. It was not the immigrants who came here legally and become Americans.

That is not a surprise.
Only because I live in a urban area and have witnessed regression of immigration, wages, education, housing, family Values, morals. I care about America I want what’s best unlike you

You know

In the video, the woman talked about how you can't have many cultures and work towards one goal.

What goal? What one goal does she think every person in this country is working towards? Or should be working towards?
First class culture, education, everything.. being aassimulated

So your goal is a first class culture (whatever the hell that is) and an education? Funny, you haven't seemed to have education as a goal since I have talked to you. Most people I know have simpler goals. Work and make a living, support their family, and to live and retire. Legal immigrants aren't ruining that for them. Wages have been relatively stagnant for decades. That isn't the fault of naturalized citizens. Many young couples are both working, sometimes two jobs, and barely scraping by. Are their low wages the fault of legal immigrants? Or of the top 1%ers who set those wages?

You want every legal immigrant to assimilate into our society and be just like us. But the culture in Vermont is very different than the culture in Boston. The culture in Atlanta is not like the culture in Houston or Des Moines. There is no single American culture. You just want to follow the call that immigrants are the reason your life sucks. But by blaming those lower on the economic scale than you, you are being duped.

You know

In the video, the woman talked about how you can't have many cultures and work towards one goal.

What goal? What one goal does she think every person in this country is working towards? Or should be working towards?

So your goal is a first class culture (whatever the hell that is) and an education? Funny, you haven't seemed to have education as a goal since I have talked to you. Most people I know have simpler goals. Work and make a living, support their family, and to live and retire. Legal immigrants aren't ruining that for them. Wages have been relatively stagnant for decades. That isn't the fault of naturalized citizens. Many young couples are both working, sometimes two jobs, and barely scraping by. Are their low wages the fault of legal immigrants? Or of the top 1%ers who set those wages?

You want every legal immigrant to assimilate into our society and be just like us. But the culture in Vermont is very different than the culture in Boston. The culture in Atlanta is not like the culture in Houston or Des Moines. There is no single American culture. You just want to follow the call that immigrants are the reason your life sucks. But by blaming those lower on the economic scale than you, you are being duped.
Yes America has created these areas and if you move here you learn to fit in the ones here don’t learn to adjust to you.

You know

How?

That is not a surprise.
Only because I live in a urban area and have witnessed regression of immigration, wages, education, housing, family Values, morals. I care about America I want what’s best unlike you

You live in ONE urban area, and pretend to know about every urban are. You blame immigrants for the issues. But the immigrants that have done that are mostly the illegal immigrants, not the legal immigrants working to become Americans or the naturalized citizens who worked to come here and became Americans.

Family values? Hate is not a family value. Running out on your kids and not paying child support is not a family value. But Americans who were born here are far more likely to abandon their kids and avoid paying child support than immigrants are.

I want what is best for America too. I am just not duped into thinking it is the bottom rung of the socio-economic scale that are the enemy. The more you do that the more you will not see that your wages did not increase but the profits for the companies did.

You know

How?

That is not a surprise.

You live in ONE urban area, and pretend to know about every urban are. You blame immigrants for the issues. But the immigrants that have done that are mostly the illegal immigrants, not the legal immigrants working to become Americans or the naturalized citizens who worked to come here and became Americans.

Family values? Hate is not a family value. Running out on your kids and not paying child support is not a family value. But Americans who were born here are far more likely to abandon their kids and avoid paying child support than immigrants are.

I want what is best for America too. I am just not duped into thinking it is the bottom rung of the socio-economic scale that are the enemy. The more you do that the more you will not see that your wages did not increase but the profits for the companies did.
It’s the same across the country they don’t assimilate, even Europeans aren’t assimilating like they should, it should be out gov main goal to assimilate

You know

Yes America has created these areas and if you move here you learn to fit in the ones here don’t learn to adjust to you.

Or you don't fit in. What is so scary about people who live their lives without trying to fit in some imaginary mold you think is so important.

If someone moves to this country, works hard, follows the laws, raises a family, pays their taxes and works toward their citizenship, who is it ANY of your business if they speak their native language at home? Or live near others who share their same background?

You know

How?

That is not a surprise.

It’s the same across the country they don’t assimilate, even Europeans aren’t assimilating like they should, it should be out gov main goal to assimilate

Assimilating how? They either have skills or they learn them, and they work. They save their money to buy a house. They pay their taxes. They work towards earning their citizenship. What other assimilation do you want?

You know

Or you don't fit in. What is so scary about people who live their lives without trying to fit in some imaginary mold you think is so important.

If someone moves to this country, works hard, follows the laws, raises a family, pays their taxes and works toward their citizenship, who is it ANY of your business if they speak their native language at home? Or live near others who share their same background?
Well it’s extremely important for poor people to have structure ,, you can’t have structure if everybody’s doing and talking different languages, schools are trying to accommodate foreigners. Kids are graduating uneducated while suburban kids are doing much better because they are not inflicted with poor dumb foreigners

You know

How?

That is not a surprise.

Assimilating how? They either have skills or they learn them, and they work. They save their money to buy a house. They pay their taxes. They work towards earning their citizenship. What other assimilation do you want?
You act like everybody’s independent and divided dude we’re a country we’ve got to be one we can’t be speaking 20 different million languages, Our community has to be somewhat similar.. for commerce for education. Wages.. how do you negotiate a wage, you Gotta be able to communicate.. Being able to communicate means you need to do communicating you can’t do that when you have large clusters of kids in schools divided by language I’ve seen it I’m still suffering from it

You know

Well it’s extremely important for poor people to have structure ,, you can’t have structure if everybody’s doing and talking different languages, schools are trying to accommodate foreigners. Kids are graduating uneducated while suburban kids are doing much better because they are not inflicted with poor dumb foreigners

And legal immigrants learn English as quickly as they can. You speak English (kind of), and you didn't get educated very well. You have admitted that you busier fighting than trying to learn.

Lots of immigrants and naturalized citizens live in the suburbs. But you choose to stay in an urban area that stops your success.

You know

How?

That is not a surprise.

You act like everybody’s independent and divided dude we’re a country we’ve got to be one we can’t be speaking 20 different million languages, Our community has to be somewhat similar.. for commerce for education. Wages.. how do you negotiate a wage, you Gotta be able to communicate.. Being able to communicate means you need to do communicating you can’t do that when you have large clusters of kids in schools divided by language I’ve seen it I’m still suffering from it

Everybody IS independent. If they come here, it takes time to learn our language. But they learn.

And if the ones who can't speak English can't negotiate a wage, but you can, how does that hurt you?

You know

And legal immigrants learn English as quickly as they can. You speak English (kind of), and you didn't get educated very well. You have admitted that you busier fighting than trying to learn.

Lots of immigrants and naturalized citizens live in the suburbs. But you choose to stay in an urban area that stops your success.
No I live around them, they hate this country, they have no interest in assimilating, or investing here. We need to assimilate them again or this country is gone

You know

No I live around them, they hate this country, they have no interest in assimilating, or investing here. We need to assimilate them again or this country is gone

You have talked about that. But that time it was illegals, not legal immigrants.

You have also talked about attacking people who speak another language. You want them to assimilate to that?

You know

How?

That is not a surprise.

Everybody IS independent. If they come here, it takes time to learn our language. But they learn.

And if the ones who can't speak English can't negotiate a wage, but you can, how does that hurt you?
No we are United States of America, we have to be similar.. and we have to force them
To assimilate like we did the Irish and Italians. This country isn’t for everybody maybe you’re just too weak to live here

You know

You have talked about that. But that time it was illegals, not legal immigrants.

You have also talked about attacking people who speak another language. You want them to assimilate to that?
Attack? Hmm well confront .. hehe

You know

How?

That is not a surprise.

No we are United States of America, we have to be similar.. and we have to force them
To assimilate like we did the Irish and Italians. This country isn’t for everybody maybe you’re just too weak to live here

I am strong enough that you won't try to kick me out.

We didn't force the Irish and Italians to assimilate. They married other cultures, moved to other places and became more and more American with each generation.

And how would you "force" to assimilate?

BTW, if you are talking about forcing the Irish to assimilate, you aren't talking about language any more, are you?

You know

That wasn't what you said at all.

And what gives you the right to decide what language they speak to each other? My son and his wife often speak french in public, if they want the conversation to be private.

You know

I was talking about a couple in my neighborhood who has his mother living with them. They are asian. And they usually speak their native tongue to each other.

You replied "Don’t do that shit in front of me I’m gonna think you’re talking about me I got an itchy trigger finger".

So yeah, you talked about attacking people.

You know

How?

That is not a surprise.

I am strong enough that you won't try to kick me out.

We didn't force the Irish and Italians to assimilate. They married other cultures, moved to other places and became more and more American with each generation.

And how would you "force" to assimilate?

BTW, if you are talking about forcing the Irish to assimilate, you aren't talking about language any more, are you?
Learn the definition.. they were told to assimilate, they did, today not so much. It’s a issue when they come here and I have to hear them tell us how bad America is from rotten teeth scum. ASSIMILATE HELL YEA!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back