Last winery in Syria under threat by rebels.

montelatici

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2014
So far the last winery in Syria is still in Government owned territory, but with the Jihadists scoring victories the winery, like Christians in Syria may disappear. There was a BBC radio interview with the brothers who own the winery (but live in Beirut now) and they say they will keep it open as long as the rebels are kept out of the territory. They use taxis to send grapes (for testing) between the winery and Beirut through rebel held territory.

"The Syrian rebels, made up of hardline Islamists and other factions, are seeking to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad and started taking ground in Latakia last year."

Syrian vineyard still operating despite war

So far the last winery in Syria is still in Government owned territory, but with the Jihadists scoring victories the winery, like Christians in Syria may disappear. There was a BBC radio interview with the brothers who own the winery (but live in Beirut now) and they say they will keep it open as long as the rebels are kept out of the territory. They use taxis to send grapes (for testing) between the winery and Beirut through rebel held territory.

"The Syrian rebels, made up of hardline Islamists and other factions, are seeking to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad and started taking ground in Latakia last year."

It's the Zionists in Israel who are doing this. Pass it on.

What do Zionists have to do with this? You are obsessed with the I/P issue.

What do Zionists have to do with this? You are obsessed with the I/P issue.

What a strange thing to say that MJB is obsessed with the I/P forum when he is not posting from morning until evening like you are.

As you will notice, this is an article from September 14, 2014, and this winery story was posted previously on this forum when it first came out in the news. Do you happen to have some up-to-date information to give us about this winery?

SYRIAN VINEYARD STILL OPERATING DESPITE WAR
11th September, 2014 by Simon Howland

Yes, there was a BBC radio update I listened to yesterday which interviewed the brothers and they confirmed that the winery is still operating although they feared that Islamists could defeat the Government troops currently defending the territory the winery is in, adding that the Islamists are intent on closing them down. I should have made it more clear although I thought the thread title with the word "still" would be enough.

Yes, there was a BBC radio update I listened to yesterday which interviewed the brothers and they confirmed that the winery is still operating although they feared that Islamists could defeat the Government troops currently defending the territory the winery is in, adding that the Islamists are intent on closing them down. I should have made it more clear although I thought the thread title with the word "still" would be enough.
Territories have often changed the owners in this war.

The word "still" would have been appropriate if you had posted this article soon after it appeared in September 2014. From September of last year to now is quite a long time and much could have happened in the interim.

What a coincidence that just the other day the BBC reported on this!!! I wonder when I will be able to read about this latest BBC story about the vinyard.

Forum List

Back