Last night....

1stNickD

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2020
I went into a Rural King store. Its is a discount hardware and home goods store designed to serve rural farm workers, animal owners, hunters and outdoorsman. I was looking for a specialty tool to clean my gutters.

I walked past the hunting section where there was also a firearms display and sales area. I thought to myself that I remember when rifles and shot guns could be displayed on open racks like fishing rods or pool cues so people could feel their weight and examine them closely before walking their selections over to the checkout and leaving. Ammunition was also on display the same way one can find a box of golf balls today. There were no mass murders, no crime waves, no smash and grabs and very, very few roberies. Those guns were not going out and loading themselves and killing people, and the people who were buying them were not going out and using them for terrible purposes.

But back to last night: Its now shopping season and the store was fairly busy (nice to see after the stupid lockdowns). Over by the gun displays, (now with everything locked behind a counter or in glass cases), there was a good sized crowd. It was good to see a nice mixture of males and females, hispanics, blacks and whites standing in line, taking their turns with the sales folks and at any given time at least half a dozen folks feeling the weight, balance, quality and examining everything closely for a potential purchase.

I paused for a moment thinking that this is how things should always be, (and that the line was too long for me to bother with some window shopping) No different than buying hammers or chain saws only these tools are for hunting, sports or self defense. As I turned to continue on to the gardening section and went around the corner I came across a young couple where a green and purple haired female was shaking like a chiahwawa (<name of a little mexican dog that I can't spell) on a 4th of July night during a fireworks show. She was crying because she couldn't believe that a store that sold bulk animal food, hardware and blue jeans would also have a large variety of "GUNS". Her male friend, husband or whatever, was holding her from falling to the ground as she was crying to be taken out of the store. "They have guns here, they have guns here" she she was whimpering as I walked away shaking my head.

That is the mentality that has stolen my old Democratic Party, the mere sight of honest hardworking blue collar folks choosing a hunting rifle or a pistol sent that woman into total hysteria. It's same hysteria we see on TV talk shows, in newspaper columns, and across internet message boards. Sadly that irrational and shivering woman represents the mindset of almost half of the people who write our laws in Washington.

Almost everyone who owns a firearm in America today will never point their gun towards another human being, ever. We are taught that at an early age by our grand parents and parents. We are taught that in gun safety classes and at gun ranges. We also know that every gun we touch is to be treated as if it is loaded and to never trust the safety, even though we will always use them. My own behind was smacked as a little boy becuse I pointed a cap gun, (rememebr those yep they have them there too.) at my brother.

That shivering and shaking irrational woman seemed to believe one of those guns was going to jump off the wall by itself and start shooting across the store.

We do have a problem with mass shooting in our country today and that problem lies within the brains of many members of our society. And there is not a magic wand that can be waived to fix it. It has taken two generations of overly permissive parents, and a society that degrades the value of two parent families, desensitises violence in movies and video games, and glorifies violence in rap and street culture. Two generations of dismissing the value of a Christian or Jewish church up-bringing, and a society that acually attacks such an upbringing. Three generations of the quote 'If it feels good do it". Now our society is destroying childrens minds with gender bending in 1st grade, and keeping such grooming a secret from parents and telling parents they are terrorists if they complain. We have to change the direction of our society, that is what will stop people from going insane and killing innocent people.

Anyway, I was able to get most of my gutters cleaned today. And I hope that woman last night didn't have a heart attack, and I suspect that at least a few of those good hardworking blue collar Americans also found the tool they were hoping to find in the hunting department of that store.

LOL....I grew up when every hardware, general store, and rural Mom & Pop store had a Barrel-O-Mausers or other mil-surp rifles in a corner of their stores.....No paperwork, cash and carry.....Full stocked rifles were $10.00.....Cut down "deer rifle" mil-surps were $12.00.

The GCA came along in '68 and fucked all that up.

R.66a2f26fb77a444badac8c5ac7ee453d

I went into a Rural King store. Its is a discount hardware and home goods store designed to serve rural farm workers, animal owners, hunters and outdoorsman. I was looking for a specialty tool to clean my gutters.

I walked past the hunting section where there was also a firearms display and sales area. I thought to myself that I remember when rifles and shot guns could be displayed on open racks like fishing rods or pool cues so people could feel their weight and examine them closely before walking their selections over to the checkout and leaving. Ammunition was also on display the same way one can find a box of golf balls today. There were no mass murders, no crime waves, no smash and grabs and very, very few roberies. Those guns were not going out and loading themselves and killing people, and the people who were buying them were not going out and using them for terrible purposes.

But back to last night: Its now shopping season and the store was fairly busy (nice to see after the stupid lockdowns). Over by the gun displays, (now with everything locked behind a counter or in glass cases), there was a good sized crowd. It was good to see a nice mixture of males and females, hispanics, blacks and whites standing in line, taking their turns with the sales folks and at any given time at least half a dozen folks feeling the weight, balance, quality and examining everything closely for a potential purchase.

I paused for a moment thinking that this is how things should always be, (and that the line was too long for me to bother with some window shopping) No different than buying hammers or chain saws only these tools are for hunting, sports or self defense. As I turned to continue on to the gardening section and went around the corner I came across a young couple where a green and purple haired female was shaking like a chiahwawa (<name of a little mexican dog that I can't spell) on a 4th of July night during a fireworks show. She was crying because she couldn't believe that a store that sold bulk animal food, hardware and blue jeans would also have a large variety of "GUNS". Her male friend, husband or whatever, was holding her from falling to the ground as she was crying to be taken out of the store. "They have guns here, they have guns here" she she was whimpering as I walked away shaking my head.

That is the mentality that has stolen my old Democratic Party, the mere sight of honest hardworking blue collar folks choosing a hunting rifle or a pistol sent that woman into total hysteria. It's same hysteria we see on TV talk shows, in newspaper columns, and across internet message boards. Sadly that irrational and shivering woman represents the mindset of almost half of the people who write our laws in Washington.

Almost everyone who owns a firearm in America today will never point their gun towards another human being, ever. We are taught that at an early age by our grand parents and parents. We are taught that in gun safety classes and at gun ranges. We also know that every gun we touch is to be treated as if it is loaded and to never trust the safety, even though we will always use them. My own behind was smacked as a little boy becuse I pointed a cap gun, (rememebr those yep they have them there too.) at my brother.

That shivering and shaking irrational woman seemed to believe one of those guns was going to jump off the wall by itself and start shooting across the store.

We do have a problem with mass shooting in our country today and that problem lies within the brains of many members of our society. And there is not a magic wand that can be waived to fix it. It has taken two generations of overly permissive parents, and a society that degrades the value of two parent families, desensitises violence in movies and video games, and glorifies violence in rap and street culture. Two generations of dismissing the value of a Christian or Jewish church up-bringing, and a society that acually attacks such an upbringing. Three generations of the quote 'If it feels good do it". Now our society is destroying childrens minds with gender bending in 1st grade, and keeping such grooming a secret from parents and telling parents they are terrorists if they complain. We have to change the direction of our society, that is what will stop people from going insane and killing innocent people.

Anyway, I was able to get most of my gutters cleaned today. And I hope that woman last night didn't have a heart attack, and I suspect that at least a few of those good hardworking blue collar Americans also found the tool they were hoping to find in the hunting department of that store.
Nice story. LOL.

LOL....I grew up when every hardware, general store, and rural Mom & Pop store had a Barrel-O-Mausers or other mil-surp rifles in a corner of their stores.....No paperwork, cash and carry.....Full stocked rifles were $10.00.....Cut down "deer rifle" mil-surps were $12.00.

The GCA came along in '68 and fucked all that up.

R.66a2f26fb77a444badac8c5ac7ee453d
You grew up?

Nothing like a post full of ridiculous lies to feed the reactionary fantasy.

Particularly ridiculous are lies blaming mass shootings on ‘overly permissive parents,’ ‘dismissing the value of a Christian or Jewish church up-bringing,’ and ‘degrading the value of two parent families.’

Nothing like a post full of ridiculous lies to feed the reactionary fantasy.

Particularly ridiculous are lies blaming mass shootings on ‘overly permissive parents,’ ‘dismissing the value of a Christian or Jewish church up-bringing,’ and ‘degrading the value of two parent families.’

Actually, I blame mass shootings on liberalism.

Her male friend, husband or whatever, was holding her from falling to the ground as she was crying to be taken out of the store. "They have guns here, they have guns here" she she was whimpering as I walked away shaking my head.
That's when you should have pulled your Glock out and held her up! :smoke:

That is the mentality that has stolen my old Democratic Party, the mere sight of honest hardworking blue collar folks choosing a hunting rifle or a pistol sent that woman into total hysteria.
She's probably the first one that given half a chance, would grab a gun and shoot someone in hysteria, maybe her spouse in a jealous fit of rage, given half a reason.

Actually, I blame mass shootings on liberalism.

I have a website link somewhere that did a study maybe 7 years ago that found that every serial school shooter on record had been found to have come from a hard left family background, most of them upper middle class, I remember one was even wearing an Obumma shirt! Affluent parents who got so caught up in themselves that they never paid their kids enough attention.

I have a website link somewhere that did a study maybe 7 years ago that found that every serial school shooter on record had been found to have come from a hard left family background, most of them upper middle class, I remember one was even wearing an Obumma shirt! Affluent parents who got so caught up in themselves that they never paid their kids enough attention.

This says it all...

meme_2021_large.jpg

Where are all these white supremacist MAGA terrorists I keep hearing all about here?

All I see are 99.9% DEMOCRATS. Probably all BIDEN Supporters. :smoke:

Fourth row down, fourth to the right. The goober with the beard looks like he could be one of those "sovereign citizen" types. But they're usually libertarians, so...

Fourth row down, fourth to the right. The goober with the beard looks like he could be one of those "sovereign citizen" types. But they're usually libertarians, so...

I saw him too. :71: I thought the same thing-- -- probably a once not-too-bad guy who finally lost it one day over just too much corporate leftwing bullshit just to get a burger at the local fast food joint and just couldn't take it anymore.

Forum List

Back