Lanny Davis Resigns- he's on c-span now.

Years ago, Republican party chair Rich Bond explained that conservatives' frequent denunciations of "liberal bias" in the media were part of "a strategy" (Washington Post, 8/20/92). Comparing journalists to referees in a sports match, Bond explained: "If you watch any great coach, what they try to do is 'work the refs.' Maybe the ref will cut you a little slack next time."

And you bought it

Years ago, Republican party chair Rich Bond explained that conservatives' frequent denunciations of "liberal bias" in the media were part of "a strategy" (Washington Post, 8/20/92). Comparing journalists to referees in a sports match, Bond explained: "If you watch any great coach, what they try to do is 'work the refs.' Maybe the ref will cut you a little slack next time."

And you bought it

Most reporters are liberal

Once and awhile they even admit it on the air

Example # 1

ABC’s Terry Moran on Media’s Anti-Military Bias
19 May 2005 @ 5:48PM
Terry Moran, the Chief White House Correspondent for ABC News, admitted the anti-military bias of the media in an interview with Hugh Hewitt:

There is, Hugh, I agree with you, a deep anti-military bias in the media. One that begins from the premise that the military must be lying, and that American projection of power around the world must be wrong. I think that that is a hangover from Vietnam, and I think it’s very dangerous.

Virtually bringing up the rear were regular watchers of Fox News. Only 1 in 3 could answer 2 out of 3 questions correctly. Fox topped only network morning show viewers.

Told that Shia was one group of Muslims struggling in Iraq, only 32% of the total sample could name "Sunni" as the other key group.

The percentage of those who knew their state's governor dropped to 2 in 3. Almost half know that Rep. Nancy Pelosi is Speaker of the House and 2 in 3 know that Condi Rice is secretary of state. But just 29% can identify Scooter Libby, 21% know Robert Gates and 15% can name Sen. Harry Reid.

But nearly 9 in 10 knew about President Bush's troop escalation in Iraq.

Example # 2

Absolutely," most reporters want John Kerry to win the election, declares Newsweek's Evan Thomas, commenting on the media bias he says translates into "maybe" five extra points for the Democratic ticket at the polls. That's down from the 15 points Mr. Thomas first predicted Fourth Estate favor would bestow on Kerry-Edwards, but even five points could tip a race as close as this one.

Back to Daily Pundit

July 13, 2004

Oh, That Biased Liberal Media

WUSA 9 Inside Washington

MR. THOMAS: There's one other base here, the media. Let's talk a little media bias here. The media, I think, wants Kerry to win and I think they're going to portray Kerry and Edwards I'm talking about the establishment media, not Fox. They're going to portray Kerry and Edwards as being young and dynamic and optimistic and there's going to be this glow about them, collective glow, the two of them, that's going to be worth maybe 15 points.
The speaker, Evan Thomas, is the Assistant Managing Editor of Newsweek.

ABC, CBS still have not reported on Comey's revelation of wiretapping "hospital drama"
ABC and CBS still have not reported -- on either their evening news or morning news broadcasts -- former deputy attorney general James B. Comey's account of what NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams May 15 called a "rare glimpse of a high-level, late-night power struggle" over the National Security Agency's warrantless domestic wiretapping program. As NBC Nightly News justice correspondent Pete Williams reported May 15, Comey told the Senate Judiciary Committee that then-White House counsel Alberto R. Gonzales and then-White House chief of staff Andrew Card attempted to pressure then-Attorney General John Ashcroft "at his [hospital] bedside ... to approve an extension of the secret NSA warrantless eavesdropping program over strong Justice Department objections," as Media Matters for America has noted.

ABC, CBS still have not reported on Comey's revelation of wiretapping "hospital drama"
ABC and CBS still have not reported -- on either their evening news or morning news broadcasts -- former deputy attorney general James B. Comey's account of what NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams May 15 called a "rare glimpse of a high-level, late-night power struggle" over the National Security Agency's warrantless domestic wiretapping program. As NBC Nightly News justice correspondent Pete Williams reported May 15, Comey told the Senate Judiciary Committee that then-White House counsel Alberto R. Gonzales and then-White House chief of staff Andrew Card attempted to pressure then-Attorney General John Ashcroft "at his [hospital] bedside ... to approve an extension of the secret NSA warrantless eavesdropping program over strong Justice Department objections," as Media Matters for America has noted.

So now we are back to protecting terrorist rights?

Why are libs more interested in protecting their rights then stopping their attacks?

They are NOT liberal biased you blind fool.

They are NOT liberal biased you blind fool.

Example # 3

Dan Rather trying to tilt the election to Kerry by running a fake story based on forges documents - 45 days out from the election

Prove that with Facts instead of just your words and then Prove they HAVE reported on it?

for once actually do something that makes you look like you can produce a real arguement.

Prove that with Facts instead of just your words and then Prove they HAVE reported on it?

for once actually do something that makes you look like you can produce a real arguement.

The reporters admitted it themselfs - and they did slant the coverage

What more do you need to see the bias?

Where did you get that fantasy from?

Now here are some facts.

Bush had been instructed to report to William Turnipseed, an officer in the Montgomery unit. "Had he reported in, I would have had some recall and I do not," Turnipseed, a retired brigadier general, told the Globe in 2000. "I had been in Texas, done my flight training there. If we had a first lieutenant from Texas, I would have remembered."
Are you saying this brigadeer General is LYING???

Where did you get that fantasy from?

Now here are some facts.

Bush had been instructed to report to William Turnipseed, an officer in the Montgomery unit. "Had he reported in, I would have had some recall and I do not," Turnipseed, a retired brigadier general, told the Globe in 2000. "I had been in Texas, done my flight training there. If we had a first lieutenant from Texas, I would have remembered."
Are you saying this brigadeer General is LYING???

I am saying libs threw everything they could to try and paint the lie Push was AWOL

They were so desperate they had Rather run a fake story using forged documents

The lie fell apart for all to see - and the libs lost the election

Forum List

Back