Landrieu: "If you don't like Obamacare, you can unelect me."

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
That's what Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) said, not to long before her election, referring to all elected Senators and Congressmen.

Mary, your proposal is accepted.

Anything else you'd like to suggest?

(Do you think she'll ever take the hint?)

----------------------------------------------------

Landrieu Wants Her Election To Be ObamaCare Referendum NRSC National Republican Senatorial Committee

Landrieu Wants Her Election To Be ObamaCare Referendum

This week, Senator Mary Landrieu took to the Senate floor to reassure Louisianans of her unwavering support for ObamaCare. And if you don't like it, she says "unelect" her.

"....We did not wake up one morning and declare this the law. The people of the United States declared this through us as their Representatives. If they do not like it, they can unelect us. Believe me, they will have a great chance because I am up for reelection right now. They will be able to do that. But that is the way you do it."

" ...Contrary to popular belief and what FOX News said, people here read the bills. For 40 years we read the bills. But we did not have to read the bills; all we had to do was look at the faces of kids dying of cancer who had no way to get cured...I don't need to read a bill. I listen to my constituents. That is what this is about."
Landrieu stands defiant of the facts and the wishes of her constituents.

Fact is: More than 60% of Louisianans oppose ObamaCare. It will impact middle-class Louisianans across the state: from the employers who are forced to cut workers and hours to avoid higher costs; to Louisianans in the individual insurance market, where the costs of the average plan will increase $1,176 a year.

Landrieu refuses to believe it.

That's what Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) said, not to long before her election, referring to all elected Senators and Congressmen.

Landrieu Wants Her Election To Be ObamaCare Referendum NRSC National Republican Senatorial Committee

This week, Senator Mary Landrieu took to the Senate floor to reassure Louisianans of her unwavering support for ObamaCare. And if you don't like it, she says "unelect" her.

"....We did not wake up one morning and declare this the law. The people of the United States declared this through us as their Representatives. If they do not like it, they can unelect us. Believe me, they will have a great chance because I am up for reelection right now. They will be able to do that. But that is the way you do it."

" ...Contrary to popular belief and what FOX News said, people here read the bills. For 40 years we read the bills. But we did not have to read the bills; all we had to do was look at the faces of kids dying of cancer who had no way to get cured...I don't need to read a bill. I listen to my constituents. That is what this is about."

Fact is: More than 60% of Louisianans oppose ObamaCare. It will impact middle-class Louisianans across the state: from the employers who are forced to cut workers and hours to avoid higher costs; to Louisianans in the individual insurance market, where the costs of the average plan will increase $1,176 a year.

Oops.

Watch what you ask for. 2016 will be a roll call to cast out all who support such a communist program in America

-Geaux

If ANYONE, anyone topples Obamacare it should be Jonathan Gruber. His revealing that it was all a lie, all a sham should put all involved in jail for fraud. He should be in front of a Congressional hearing right now. But they all take care of themselves so donja worry those on the left. You lied it into being and you will lie to keep it. Yes, we may help 10 million, maybe. But 100 million will get screwed in so doing. But best of all is listening to the Unions whine, great stuff.

Will Jonathan Gruber Topple Obamacare - David Nather - POLITICO Magazine

"If you don't like Obamacare, you can unelect me."

that was some very good advice

--LOL

Be careful what you wish for:)

What we need now, is some liberal (from either party) to stand up and say, "If you don't like amnesty for illegal aliens, you can unelect me."

Any volunteers? :death:

Some Dems are starting to get the idea. Like Schumer and Harkin. Watch for full court efforts to repeal or substantially alter Obamacare in the coming Congressional senate. Obama's veto be damned--there are easily 12 scared Democrats in the Senate.

Forum List

Back