Landlords are required to deny reality and play along

who knows more about california law?

Me. When it comes to property management. And your reading comprehension skills are pretty lame.

Last edited:
who knows more about california law?

Me. When it comes to property management. And your reading comprehension skills are pretty lame.

Yet you refuse to discuss issues of landlord duties of care involving people on your property. WHY?

This is not a discussion over coffee that can be explained in 15 minutes or even an hour. What makes you think I come here to spend my time teaching someone not even in this state, the NUMEROUS state laws on tenant/landlords? That is WHY I refuse to discuss the issues. Some I did, but you are still focused on whatever...SQUIRREL!!!!...your peabrain is fixated on...SQUIRREL...and it is a waste of my time nor do I have the inclinatin to waste it on stupid shit of what if's and may be's from your dumb article that means diddly squat? Your link is an article. An opinion. It is NOT LAW. Can you not read? Or comprehend? No. But you expect me to explain all this to you when you can't even understand the original article you posted?

:cuckoo:

Can you explain to use why if you left something on the stairs in california, and a burglar trips and injures himself, why you are subject to liability. Is that sane?

Enjoy your liberal hellhole. YOu liberal retards deserve it. GOOD NIGHT.

How is it mocking someone to call them not only by their birth name, but the name on the FUCKING LEASE?

You seem to have no issue with being forced to deny reality. That's the issue. Being FORCED to deny reality.

PS: I also notice you completely ignored being completely wrong about the legal system.

Does the legal system require you to use only your given name?

What if you want to be called Normal And Sane?

Obviously, you're not but if that's what you choose, where is there a law against it?

Not only is it legal, its NONE OF YOUR WHACKED OUT BUSINESS.

And, how is the law either "liberal" or "conservative"?

You really just need to face the fact that your sexual repression does not automatically make you able to take American's rights away from them.

How is it mocking someone to call them not only by their birth name, but the name on the FUCKING LEASE?

You seem to have no issue with being forced to deny reality. That's the issue. Being FORCED to deny reality.

PS: I also notice you completely ignored being completely wrong about the legal system.

Obviously, you're not but if that's what you choose, where is there a law against it?

You really just need to face the fact that your sexual repression does not automatically make you able to take American's rights away from them.

Find out, give the cops a name that isn't your legal name, let us know what happens. I'm off to bed.

Find out, give the cops a name that isn't your legal name, let us know what happens. I'm off to bed.

What do cops have to do with someone asking their landlord to call them by a particular name?

But, yes, I do agree you're OFF.

WAY off.

What happens if the landlord wants to serve notice on the tenant but is forced to use the fantasy name? The court will say "well, that's not Michael Freak". Landlords will always use your formal name. But I guess not when liberals force you to deny reality.

Yeah, I can go along with everything else the article says, but the name he used on the lease is "Michael" and unless they do up a new lease with the name "Michelle" then it's just not legal. Of course I guess he can say "the tenant formally known as Michael"

The article is just that. An article. An opinion. If the name on the lease agreement or rental agreement is Michael, and Michael has not legally changed his name in a court of law in the state where this takes place, then the landlord has every right to call the tenant the name given on the rental agreement. Yes, it is bullshit, and not Law. If Michael tries to sue because he is not being called Michelle, the judge will laugh him out of court.

This whole thread is not about that anyway. It is just novasteve having another hissy about transexuals.

Yeah, I see your point. It is a question and answer column. The person supplying the answer wrote:

If you continuously and intentionally call her by the name and pronoun that does not correspond to her gender identity, you may be liable for gender discrimination and unlawful harassment.

"You may be liable..." Kind of a threatening statement.

I would solve it easily. I wouldn't call the person by any name. I'd see them and just say, "Hi, how are you today?" No need to say "Hi, Michael" or "Hi, Michelle." That's how I'd get around it.

As for my other tenants who were upset I'd explain that the law was on Michael/Michelle's side and there was nothing I could do. Ask them to please stay and support me, and to let me know if Michael/Michelle did anything to violate the rules so I would have a legitimate basis to evict him/her.

Landlords aren't necessarily rich people, and having trouble renting out their apartments could cause them to be unable to pay their mortgage and end up losing their property.

This situation puts the landlord between a rock and a hard place. I can actually empathise with both sides in this dilemma. The landlord's also, not just the transgender person's side.

You not referring to them by "Michelle" but instead "you" could be considered "harassment" though.

If you referred to Michael as "you" or the "tenant in 212" then Michael could say that's harassment. You will get sued. Michael might not win, but it will cost you money. that's the point.

Start referring to ALL tenants only by surnames...problem solved.

Forum List

Back