Land reform needed in South Africa

Why should I give a fraction of a fuck about South Africa?

Because a large portion of our strategic minerals, those that allow modern society are mined there, and the only other reliable sources for most of them are Russia and China.

So SA goes to shit, and then Russia and China can control the costs of these minerals, that go into basically any technological item we produce and use.

SA will sell them for the same amount as Russia and China. And the corrupt government in SA will reap the profits just like the corrupt governments in Russia and China.

Well we know they shouldn't have just tried to run off the white farmers. It ruined the country.

And now you propose that in South Africa, AND nationalizing probably white owned businesses and turning them over to government suck ups.
No, I am saying that the "white owned businesses" were stolen from black people and there needs to be some justice. This isnt ancient history. It happened after the second world war. Why do you defend theft ?

What businesses are you talking about? In south africa the land may have been taken, but the businesses were mostly created by the whites, because they were the only ones with the capital to create large companies like mining companies.
Farms are businesses.

Nice goalpost move there.

There are other ways to get blacks in South Africa land ownership without just taking the land from white farmers as payback and then hoping for the best.

As for nationalization, that will just result in the people who know what they are doing fleeing the country.

And then you get Zimbabwe all over again.
Justice is a form of payback I suppose. But to see it in terms of revenge demeans the righteousness of the case. This was a massive theft and as far as I am aware not one person has been held to account for it.
What "other ways" of putting this right are you thinking about ?

The "other ways"? Something that doesn't involve ruining the economy, again, like Zimbabwe.

They got their revenge, and a shit economy for it.

During the implementation of apartheid, some 3.5m people were forced off their land and on to reservations by the nazis. Whole communities were flattened and rebuilt as white only areas.

It is time for this to be put right. The land that was stolen should be given back to the dispossessed.

I would also suggest that capitalism is not working for South Africa and that some industries should be nationalised in the national interest.
Any industry nationalized fails. The officials steal what they can. The people sell what they can steal for scrap so they don't starve.

Because a large portion of our strategic minerals, those that allow modern society are mined there, and the only other reliable sources for most of them are Russia and China.

So SA goes to shit, and then Russia and China can control the costs of these minerals, that go into basically any technological item we produce and use.

SA will sell them for the same amount as Russia and China. And the corrupt government in SA will reap the profits just like the corrupt governments in Russia and China.

That's if they can get the minerals out of the ground once their economy goes to shit if they implement Tommy Twats plan.

That's if they can get the minerals out of the ground once their economy goes to shit if they implement Tommy Twats plan.
Even if they can't we'll be no worse off

During the implementation of apartheid, some 3.5m people were forced off their land and on to reservations by the nazis. Whole communities were flattened and rebuilt as white only areas.

It is time for this to be put right. The land that was stolen should be given back to the dispossessed.

I would also suggest that capitalism is not working for South Africa and that some industries should be nationalised in the national interest.
Any industry nationalized fails. The officials steal what they can. The people sell what they can steal for scrap so they don't starve.
That is nonsense. Nationalised industries do so well they get sold off to private speculators in order to fleece the people..

No, I am saying that the "white owned businesses" were stolen from black people and there needs to be some justice. This isnt ancient history. It happened after the second world war. Why do you defend theft ?

What businesses are you talking about? In south africa the land may have been taken, but the businesses were mostly created by the whites, because they were the only ones with the capital to create large companies like mining companies.
Farms are businesses.

There are other ways to get blacks in South Africa land ownership without just taking the land from white farmers as payback and then hoping for the best.

As for nationalization, that will just result in the people who know what they are doing fleeing the country.

Justice is a form of payback I suppose. But to see it in terms of revenge demeans the righteousness of the case. This was a massive theft and as far as I am aware not one person has been held to account for it.

The "other ways"? Something that doesn't involve ruining the economy, again, like Zimbabwe.

You are an idiot for conflating justice with revenge. There were half a million victims in Zimbabwe, over 3m in South Africa. Why should their oppressors benefit from theft ?

I note that you have no alternate solution.

yes, because Zimbabwe is a proper model for handling things like this.....
Half a million Zimbabweans were kicked off their lands by their nazi overlords. Are you saying that this should not have been remedied or that the process was flawed ?

I'm saying the supposed solution led to runaway inflation and starvation in a country that used to be considered the breadbasket of Africa.

But they got to feel good screwing over the white guys.
So what should have happened ?

Well we know they shouldn't have just tried to run off the white farmers. It ruined the country.

And now you propose that in South Africa, AND nationalizing probably white owned businesses and turning them over to government suck ups.
Of course white owned businesses weren't stolen from black people. Before the white guy started that business it didn't exist. The white Boers have been in Africa for 400 years. They didn't come after WWII. The farms and industry all belong to the whites. The blacks cannot adapt to farming or industry. They can't advance businesses beyond selling out of a donkey pack.

That is nonsense. Nationalised industries do so well they get sold off to private speculators in order to fleece the people..
If they are sold to private speculators it isn't nationalized. What industry have blacks in Africa started that did well? Sold to private speculators means sold to whites or Asians right?

Half a million Zimbabweans were kicked off their lands by their nazi overlords. Are you saying that this should not have been remedied or that the process was flawed ?

I'm saying the supposed solution led to runaway inflation and starvation in a country that used to be considered the breadbasket of Africa.

But they got to feel good screwing over the white guys.
So what should have happened ?

Of course white owned businesses weren't stolen from black people. Before the white guy started that business it didn't exist. The white Boers have been in Africa for 400 years. They didn't come after WWII. The farms and industry all belong to the whites. The blacks cannot adapt to farming or industry. They can't advance businesses beyond selling out of a donkey pack.
You are so fucking stupid I grudge schooling you.
Group Areas Act - now fuck off and get your carer to read it to you.

Farms are businesses.

You are an idiot for conflating justice with revenge. There were half a million victims in Zimbabwe, over 3m in South Africa. Why should their oppressors benefit from theft ?

The only people who should be paying for the evils done under Apartheid are you Brits

Farms are businesses.

The only people who should be paying for the evils done under Apartheid are you Brits
Its not as straightforward as your klan info card tells you but the UK owes all of Africa.

Its not as straightforward as your klan info card tells you but the UK owes all of Africa.
Perhaps we can help our UK cousins by repatriating all the descendants of those taken as slaves. We would ask no compensation and even cover their transportation back to their homelands.

Fair?

Perhaps we can help our UK cousins by repatriating all the descendants of those taken as slaves. We would ask no compensation and even cover their transportation back to their homelands.

Fair?
What gives you the right to "repatriate" US citizens ? Is this a fantasy you wank off to after lights out ?

Fair?
What gives you the right to "repatriate" US citizens ? Is this a fantasy you wank off to after lights out ?
What greater gift could we possibly bestow on sub-Saharan Africa than the return of their kind? As you said, we owe them, and surely there can be no greater sacrifice or justice than returning what we stole. Hell, we'll even throw in a couple of billion to help them resettle.

Fair?
What greater gift could we possibly bestow on sub-Saharan Africa than the return of their kind? As you said, we owe them, and surely there can be no greater sacrifice or justice than returning what we stole. Hell, we'll even throw in a couple of billion to help them resettle.
And how did you acquire the power to do that ya thick fucker ?

Fair?
And how did you acquire the power to do that ya thick fucker ?
Law. You cannot keep what you have stolen.

Since the slaves taken from Africa are long dead, it is only just that their descendants are returned forthwith.

We should not be allowed to profit from the crimes of our ancestors.

I read an article in Harper's about this. Many white farmers are armed to the teeth and are prepared to fight to the death to keep their land. Many farmers have already been murdered.

The situation resonates in the U.S. as some right wingers anticipate a similar development regarding reparations if leftists take over the U.S. They will be armed to the teeth and fight to the death to resist losing any assets to reparations. Which is another reason they oppose gun controls.

Gee I must be the only guy in the Klan that had a half Black mother

You really need to put all those broad brushes away and grow the fuck up

Gee I must be the only guy in the Klan that had a half Black mother

You really need to put all those broad brushes away and grow the fuck up
You can be anybody you want to be on the net.

Forum List

Back