CDZ lab grown meat : a great investment, due to climate change

I'm an omnivore and a violent predator in addition to being intelligent and a tool user.

You wouldn't want a violent predator to make you into food, would you? Let's say Jeffrey Damher was still alive and he wants to chop you into pieces and eat you. If you wouldn't want that done to you, why do that to others? Because they're "just animals"? Well, your dog is "just an animal" yet you probably apply the Golden Rule to your dog, right?

The bottom line is you are choosing to do something that you wouldn't want done to yourself.

That's why mankind has evolved to be one of the most prolific species of animal on the planet.

I already went over this earlier on the thread. Darwinian evolution is one of the biggest lies ever perpetuated on mankind. I believe we were created. We were created to live in PEACE AND HARMONY with all of creation. Read the first chapter of the bible. As well as all the prophetic scriptures (see below.)

Your attempts to make everything into some fantasy Disney show about animals is not very pragmatic. Will you be promoting state funded abortions for the growing population of animals next?

I'm not under the illusion that I can turn this world into a fantasy. I'm well aware that we live in a screwed up, selfish fallen world. But why go along with that when you don't have to? Why contribute to the pain, suffering, violence and killing? You don't have to. It is completely unnecessary.

Also, that "fantasy" of peace and harmony was prophesied in the bible. So if you are a Christian (are you?) and you don't like that, then you really should take that up with God. Because this is GOD's ideal and the future world, when He restores the peaceful, nonviolent world that HE created in the beginning:

The wolf will live with the lamb,​
the leopard will lie down with the goat,​
the calf and the lion and the yearling[a] together;​
and a little child will lead them.​
The cow will feed with the bear,​
their young will lie down together,​
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.​
The infant will play near the cobra’s den,​
and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.​
They will neither harm nor destroy​
on all my holy mountain,​
for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord​
as the waters cover the sea.​
Isaiah 11:6-9​

1612132497805.png

My dog is a useful tool and animal friend but if it came down to a choice of him or me I'm going to bon appetite' on him.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

BTW... I don't consider myself a Christian.

Last edited:
You're using a fearful bull put in a bullfighting pen as an example? If you had someone charging at you with a sword, would you try to defend your life even if meant using force?

That's an example of self-defense.

The fact remains that if you have a choice to emulate a violent predator or an animal who does not eat others, why choose the former?

View attachment 451227

Oh look! It's a cute little calf. Why don't you go pet it and make friends with it.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I'm an omnivore and a violent predator in addition to being intelligent and a tool user. That's why mankind has evolved to be one of the most prolific species of animal on the planet. Your attempts to make everything into some fantasy Disney show about animals is not very pragmatic. Will you be promoting state funded abortions for the growing population of animals next?

God gives Man the choice to live as angels or demons. You can choose, but there are consequences for every choice.

So true! People think they are invincible and that they can do whatever they want, with no repercussions. How very wrong they are.

No, we are not. Read Genesis 1:29-30.

:21: The Bible is not an authoritative scientific source on man's evolutionary change from berries to meat which stimulated brain development! :21:

But its funny: all the people who first touted fake meat as a CHOICE are now the same people trying to deny me MY choice. :21:

You will see eventually which worldview was right. Btw, you are believing the worldview that the leftists / establishment want you to believe. The one taught in government schools.

No one on this thread is trying to deny you your choice. This is just a discussion, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Last edited:
I hate to make a Captain Obvious statement, but not everyone lives where you live, and not every place in the world has the same amount of rain. In California there was a drought for many years.

And I'm sorry, but I don't see chickens and cows as appetizing anymore, after what I've seen and learned. :dunno:

I have no desire to eat dead bodies.... especially the corpses of sick, antibiotic and pesticide-laden abused and tortured animals.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not stopping you.

There's nothing wrong with your fascinating desire for mystery meat.

I get your repulsion towards garbage you had to learn about, because you didn't know where it came from, or how it got there.
I personally recommend people grow or kill as much of their own food as possible.

I know not everyone lives where I live, or is willing to learn how to feed themselves without a laboratory.
I was just commenting, in a round about way, on how it sucks to be you.

If you think laboratory made mystery meat is more appetizing than a chicken coming off the smoker after five hours ...
It's probably because you aren't worth a shit at cooking either ... :thup:

Please point out where I ever said that I eat lab grown meat. I'll wait.

Maybe you were conflating lab grown meat with veggie burgers? lol. Veggie burgers are not made in a lab, in fact some people make them homemade, all it is is using plant-based ingredients instead of a chopped up corpse.

But FTR, I rarely eat veggie burgers because they don't sell the kind I like where I live, and sometimes I buy a different brand but it's expensive, so it's not something I eat often.

So I'm sorry to spoil your attempt at a jab but I eat mostly healthy, simple whole foods…if I do eat something processed, it is the exception, not the rule. I care about my health, which is why I try to stick with foods that are natural, GROWN from the ground, and from God.

As for the last thing you said... again sorry to spoil your attempt at an insult, but wrong again. I never used to cook back when I was a flesh eater, but in the last 5 years as a vegan, amazingly I have developed a love for cooking, and I'm good at it, if I do say so myself. I'm still learning, but going from someone who almost never cooked to someone who cooks all the time and enjoys it has been one of the many benefits of going vegan.

I simply responded to the points you made about Learning where your food came from, how it got there and how it is was no longer appetizing to you.
You stated that, I quoted it, and responded accordingly.

I have no question where my meal comes from because I grow it or kill most of it myself.
I have no desire to experiment with garbage, when I can cook a tasty, healthy meal without it.

Good luck with your exploration of the culinary arts.
If you have any good ideas or great recipes, feel free to share them.

On a side note, I do think it is funny when they market some foods ... Like a veggie burger, or tofu chicken nuggets.
If the crud was any good, they wouldn't have to try and make it taste like something it isn't.

You ever see someone try to make a 16 oz ribeye taste like spinach and cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce?

I hate to make a Captain Obvious statement, but not everyone lives where you live, and not every place in the world has the same amount of rain. In California there was a drought for many years.

And I'm sorry, but I don't see chickens and cows as appetizing anymore, after what I've seen and learned. :dunno:

I have no desire to eat dead bodies.... especially the corpses of sick, antibiotic and pesticide-laden abused and tortured animals.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not stopping you.

There's nothing wrong with your fascinating desire for mystery meat.

I get your repulsion towards garbage you had to learn about, because you didn't know where it came from, or how it got there.
I personally recommend people grow or kill as much of their own food as possible.

I know not everyone lives where I live, or is willing to learn how to feed themselves without a laboratory.
I was just commenting, in a round about way, on how it sucks to be you.

If you think laboratory made mystery meat is more appetizing than a chicken coming off the smoker after five hours ...
It's probably because you aren't worth a shit at cooking either ... :thup:

Please point out where I ever said that I eat lab grown meat. I'll wait.

Maybe you were conflating lab grown meat with veggie burgers? lol. Veggie burgers are not made in a lab, in fact some people make them homemade, all it is is using plant-based ingredients instead of a chopped up corpse.

But FTR, I rarely eat veggie burgers because they don't sell the kind I like where I live, and sometimes I buy a different brand but it's expensive, so it's not something I eat often.

So I'm sorry to spoil your attempt at a jab but I eat mostly healthy, simple whole foods…if I do eat something processed, it is the exception, not the rule. I care about my health, which is why I try to stick with foods that are natural, GROWN from the ground, and from God.

As for the last thing you said... again sorry to spoil your attempt at an insult, but wrong again. I never used to cook back when I was a flesh eater, but in the last 5 years as a vegan, amazingly I have developed a love for cooking, and I'm good at it, if I do say so myself. I'm still learning, but going from someone who almost never cooked to someone who cooks all the time and enjoys it has been one of the many benefits of going vegan.

I simply responded to the points you made about Learning where your food came from, how it got there and how is was no longer appetizing to you.
You stated that, I quoted it, and responded accordingly.

I have no question where my meal comes from because I grow it or kill most of it myself.
I have no desire to experiment with garbage, when I can cook a tasty, healthy meal without it.

Good luck with your exploration of the culinary arts.
If you have any good ideas or great recipes, feel free to share them.

Thanks! I have done that before. In fact I have made 2 or 3 recipe videos that I've shared here before. Nothing fancy, just things I wanted to pass along.

On a side note, I do think it is funny when they market some foods ... Like a veggie burger, or tofu chicken nuggets.
If the crud was any good they, wouldn't have to try and make it taste like something it isn't.

You ever see someone try to make a 16 oz ribeye taste like spinach and cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce?

Well, I see it a little differently. Normally people season their meat before eating it. I don't know many people who eat meat without adding seasoning, salt, or sauce, etc. And all those things they add to it are either plant-based or from non-animal ingredients.

With the right seasoning, you can make pretty much anything taste good. For example, tofu has almost no flavor to it at all. It's very neutral. So it's all about how you season or marinate it.

But I get what you're saying. I used to love meat. I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again… I specifically remember saying out loud, more than once, "I will NEVER be a vegan or vegetarian." (Because like most of you here, I loved eating meat and I simply could not envision that ever changing.) So I get the enthusiasm. Even though I don't have that enthusiasm anymore, now I feel the opposite. I even feel queasy now if I'm in a kitchen where people are cooking animal flesh.

I'm an omnivore and a violent predator in addition to being intelligent and a tool user.

You wouldn't want a violent predator to make you into food, would you? Let's say Jeffrey Damher was still alive and he wants to chop you into pieces and eat you. If you wouldn't want that done to you, why do that to others? Because they're "just animals"? Well, your dog is "just an animal" yet you probably apply the Golden Rule to your dog, right?

The bottom line is you are choosing to do something that you wouldn't want done to yourself.

That's why mankind has evolved to be one of the most prolific species of animal on the planet.

I went over this earlier on the thread. Darwinian evolution is one of the biggest lies ever perpetuated on mankind. I believe we were created. We were created to live in PEACE AND HARMONY with all of creation. Read the first chapter of the bible. As well as all the prophetic scriptures (see below.)

Your attempts to make everything into some fantasy Disney show about animals is not very pragmatic. Will you be promoting state funded abortions for the growing population of animals next?

I'm not under the illusion that I can turn this world into a fantasy. I'm well aware that we live in a screwed up, selfish fallen world. But why go along with that when you don't have to? Why contribute to the pain, suffering, violence and killing? You don't have to. It is completely unnecessary.

Also, that "fantasy" of peace and harmony was prophesied in the bible. So if you are a Christian (are you?) and you don't like that, then you really should take that up with God. Because this is GOD's ideal and future world, when He restores the peaceful, nonviolent world that HE created in the beginning:
The wolf will live with the lamb,​
the leopard will lie down with the goat,​
the calf and the lion and the yearling together;​
and a little child will lead them.​
The cow will feed with the bear,​
their young will lie down together,​
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.​
The infant will play near the cobra’s den,​
and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.​
They will neither harm nor destroy​
on all my holy mountain,​
for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord​
as the waters cover the sea.​
Isaiah 11:6-9​
You can already see amazing examples of predators living at peace with what should be considered prey. I can post video examples all day.

I think this spirit of killing came with the fall of Man. The world is waiting on US to change. We will eventually. I prefer to live the Kingdom Life as I understand it. Either way, Man has a choice.

Well, I see it a little differently. Normally people season their meat before eating it. I don't know many people who eat meat without adding seasoning, salt, or sauce, etc. And all those things they add to it are either plant-based or from non-animal ingredients.

With the right seasoning, you can make pretty much anything taste good. For example, tofu has almost no flavor to it at all. It's very neutral. So it's all about how you season or marinate it.

But I get what you're saying. I used to love meat. I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again… I specifically remember saying out loud, more than once, "I will NEVER be a vegan or vegetarian." (Because like most of you here, I loved eating meat and I simply could not envision that ever changing.) So I get the enthusiasm. Even though I don't have that enthusiasm anymore, now I feel the opposite. I even feel queasy now if I'm in a kitchen where people are cooking animal flesh.

You can skip the seared migratory waterfowl if you ever come to visit ... No one will mind if you pass on that.

It took me forever to find the perfect way to cook wild ducks.
Nowadays, whenever we have a get-together, my friends beg me to make some duck.
You couldn't make tofu or any of that other garbage taste the same.
The last time I fixed it, I made 10 pounds of it, and it was gone in 15 minutes.

You won't even have to leave the kitchen, because the way I cook it, pretty much has to be done outside.
You're more than welcome to come with us when we shoot the ducks though ... Someone has to make the coffee and hot croissants in the duck blind.

That's done for meat eaters who want to go vegan or vegetarian, who have a hard time giving up their taste for blood.

People who have left the meat eating world have no need for meat that tastes like plants.

You can already see amazing examples of predators living at peace with what should be considered prey. I can post video examples all day.

I think this spirit of killing came with the fall of Man. The world is waiting on US to change. We will eventually. I prefer to live the Kingdom Life as I understand it. Either way, Man has a choice.

I absolutely agree! Excellent point. All of creation is groaning, waiting to be liberated from the bondage of this current screwed up world. (Romans 8:20-23) And whose fault is that? It's certainly not the fault of the animals.

They want to ban the word picnic too. They are all insane.

No, we are not. Read Genesis 1:29-30.

:21: The Bible is not an authoritative scientific source on man's evolutionary change from berries to meat which stimulated brain development! :21:

But its funny: all the people who first touted fake meat as a CHOICE are now the same people trying to deny me MY choice. :21:
Berries are brain food, not meat.

4. PERSONALLY, I've made the decision not to kill a sentient being as a food source. I will also not be part of causing it to suffer for a lifetime because I think it tastes good. A personal choice for me.

There are all manner of creatures on this earth who would not grant you the same consideration. Go preach at a lion in Africa or a shark off the coast of Australia. Come back and let us know how the conversion worked out for ya.

You believe humans are superior to animals, do you not? If we are superior to animals, then why act in a barbaric way? Being 'above' the animals is all the more reason to act with mercy, love, and to live by the Golden rule… treating others the way you would want to be treated.

Why look to animals as your moral compass? Some animals eat their own poop and rape each other. So because they do that does that make it OK and natural for us to as well?

And if you are going to look to animals as your moral compass, why not choose the gentle herbivorous animals who mind their own business and don't harm others… Why do you choose to emulate the violent, bloodthirsty predatory animals?
Most carnivores have their eyes facing forward. Binocular Vision...3 dimensional as the field of view crosses each eye. Most herbivores have their eyes on the side of their heads...Monocular Vision.... Each eye sees a complete image separate from the other eye.

That's done for meat eaters who want to go vegan or vegetarian, who have a hard time giving up their taste for blood.

People who have left the meat eating world have no need for meat that tastes like plants.

I'll save them some grass clippings the next time I mow ... Feed them for a month ... :thup:

4. PERSONALLY, I've made the decision not to kill a sentient being as a food source. I will also not be part of causing it to suffer for a lifetime because I think it tastes good. A personal choice for me.

There are all manner of creatures on this earth who would not grant you the same consideration. Go preach at a lion in Africa or a shark off the coast of Australia. Come back and let us know how the conversion worked out for ya.

You believe humans are superior to animals, do you not? If we are superior to animals, then why act in a barbaric way? Being 'above' the animals is all the more reason to act with mercy, love, and to live by the Golden rule… treating others the way you would want to be treated.

Why look to animals as your moral compass? Some animals eat their own poop and rape each other. So because they do that does that make it OK and natural for us to as well?

And if you are going to look to animals as your moral compass, why not choose the gentle herbivorous animals who mind their own business and don't harm others… Why do you choose to emulate the violent, bloodthirsty predatory animals?
Most carnivores have their eyes facing forward. Binocular Vision...3 dimensional as the field of view crosses each eye. Most herbivores have their eyes on the side of their heads...Monocular Vision.... Each eye sees a complete image separate from the other eye.

Theres the SCIENCE. But nearly everyone whose made up their mind will deny the SCIENCE.

The underlying truth is that most humans like to eat meat. Cooked meat. I understand people who do not. I believe the only way that will change if it is forced on us. And it probably will be. Of course the elites will continue to eat meats.

I think it is not only climate change that will accelerate the growth of lab grown meat, but a change in attitude towards meat. The animal rights moment is intended to grow and many people, especially young people, are looking for an alternative. The environmental impact of the beef industry is also having an affect. The burning of the Amazon for cattle farms is turning people off to beef.

The question is, as consumers turn away from meat will they also turn away from lab grown meat?

Don’t get me wrong, I like a good steak, but those are the trends. They are not bad trends either in my view.

I will try lab grown meat. If it is as good as real beef, I will change.

It just opens the door for forcing it on us.
Holy shit, do you cry about everything? You’re so fucking put upon, you whiny little bitch. Grow a pair of balls.

CDZ synth, play nice.

Sorry but when you couple the increase in "plant" substitutes and fake "meat" availability with people who are hell bent on making everyone vegan you get people who want to force you to use these things in place of the real thing.
No one is going to force anyone to eat this. And...what if you liked it? Have you thought of that? Why instantly go for the negative...whatever is going to get you mad? I don’t understand this addiction to hatred, fear, and negativity.

Of course you do, you epitomize it.

Sorry but when you couple the increase in "plant" substitutes and fake "meat" availability with people who are hell bent on making everyone vegan you get people who want to force you to use these things in place of the real thing
That's a strange response. I see the opposite. I'm not a perfect vegan, but plants are 99% of my diet. I've converted for most of the reasons people leave the carnivore diet.

Whenever the subject comes up, we get pounced upon the same way atheists pounce on Christians.

Birds were among the last creatures I've given up, because I always thought they her low on the food chain until I learned they too are sentient beings with the same range of emotions every other creature possesses.

This lady on tiktok and her interaction with birds caused me to "give up" birds from my diet. She operates an ostrich rescue

It's a response born from the progressive/lefty need to control things, and make people "just like them".

They ruin everything they touch.

Forum List

Back