CDZ lab grown meat : a great investment, due to climate change

4. PERSONALLY, I've made the decision not to kill a sentient being as a food source. I will also not be part of causing it to suffer for a lifetime because I think it tastes good. A personal choice for me.

There are all manner of creatures on this earth who would not grant you the same consideration. Go preach at a lion in Africa or a shark off the coast of Australia. Come back and let us know how the conversion worked out for ya.

1. "Real meat" kills. It may take decades but it kills

2. Would you eat your dog or cat if you have other options? For some of us, it is about not hurting God's creation. You've just been trained to think of certain sentient creatures different than your cat or dog.

3. "Fake" meat includes many things. It could be 100% vegetable based, or it could be animal muscle cells grown in a lab. BUT THESE ARE NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO THE CONSUMER

4. PERSONALLY, I've made the decision not to kill a sentient being as a food source. I will also not be part of causing it to suffer for a lifetime because I think it tastes good. A personal choice for me.

AMEN!!!

giphy.gif

Top 10 Stocks to Invest in Lab-Grown Meat

i dare to predict that this will be BIG, and within a decade or so!

why? because of this :

I think it more likely that you will see a 100% plant based diet--it is already happening. Look at the prices of the different animal based offerings--beef prices are through the ceiling and there are shortages in some outlets, pork and chicken are less expensive, but the trends over the last year or so show a steady increase. Grocery store ads are showing more and more "plant based products." It started as one ad once in a while, but our local, rural, grocery stores are advertising two or three plant-based options every ad recently. I live in an area where I can raise livestock and deer and turkey are widespread--I will have my protein.

I think it is not only climate change that will accelerate the growth of lab grown meat, but a change in attitude towards meat. The animal rights moment is intended to grow and many people, especially young people, are looking for an alternative. The environmental impact of the beef industry is also having an affect. The burning of the Amazon for cattle farms is turning people off to beef.

The question is, as consumers turn away from meat will they also turn away from lab grown meat?

Don’t get me wrong, I like a good steak, but those are the trends. They are not bad trends either in my view.

I will try lab grown meat. If it is as good as real beef, I will change.

It just opens the door for forcing it on us.
Holy shit, do you cry about everything? You’re so fucking put upon, you whiny little bitch. Grow a pair of balls.

CDZ synth, play nice.

Sorry but when you couple the increase in "plant" substitutes and fake "meat" availability with people who are hell bent on making everyone vegan you get people who want to force you to use these things in place of the real thing.
No one is going to force anyone to eat this. And...what if you liked it? Have you thought of that? Why instantly go for the negative...whatever is going to get you mad? I don’t understand this addiction to hatred, fear, and negativity.

The left wing doesn't have it in their DNA to allow people the free choice to eat the veggie meat or real meat.........they will attempt to force people to eat veggie meat the same way they got smoking banned in public places......it wasn't enough to have separate smoking areas...it wasn't enough to push them outside, it wasn't enough to move them away from doors....now they want to ban people from smoking in their own homes.......and some people thought that they would be happy with vaping...since it wasn't smoking.......they don't want you to do that either......
There are some towns in CA where you are prohibited from smoking if you live in an apartment/townhouse that shares a common wall with another residence. Many towns have ordinances against smoking in a vehicle if there is another occupant in CA. Yep, dems are all about power.

There are all manner of creatures on this earth who would not grant you the same consideration. Go preach at a lion in Africa or a shark off the coast of Australia. Come back and let us know how the conversion worked out for ya.

You believe humans are superior to animals, do you not? If we are superior to animals, then why act in a barbaric way? Being 'above' the animals is all the more reason to act with mercy, love, and to live by the Golden rule… treating others the way you would want to be treated.

Why look to animals as your moral compass? Some animals eat their own poop and rape each other. So because they do that does that make it OK and natural for us to as well?

And if you are going to look to animals as your moral compass, why not choose the gentle herbivorous animals who mind their own business and don't harm others… Why do you choose to emulate the violent, bloodthirsty predatory animals?

1. "Real meat" kills. It may take decades but it kills
Yes, often 7 to 9 decades. We are by design MEAT EATERS. Protein is the ideal food source.

2. Would you eat your dog or cat if you have other options? For some of us, it is about not hurting God's creation. You've just been trained to think of certain sentient creatures different than your cat or dog.
Moral equivalence fallacy. Would I eat my dog or cat? My dog and cat are not bred and raised to be a protein source. Try playing fetch with a cow. But I get what you mean, hey, I love animals too, animals which love and give love and make pets. But so long as they are raised and killed humanely and are bred in number to supply as market.

3. "Fake" meat includes many things. It could be 100% vegetable based, or it could be animal muscle cells grown in a lab. BUT THESE ARE NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO THE CONSUMER
I'll stick with real meat.

I get and respect that DA. I was a vegetarian for about 30 years. The question is how sentient really is a chicken or a cow, and if they are raised as food and killed humanely without pain or suffering . . . .

Bleah. No way. Bleah Bleah Bleah.

Yes, often 7 to 9 decades. We are by design MEAT EATERS.

No, we are not. Read Genesis 1:29-30.

Protein is the ideal food source.

A) As was already covered earlier, the overwhelming majority of Americans get more than enough protein, so there's no problem with protein deficiency. What Americans ARE deficient in is fiber, as only 5 percent get the amount needed. This is why so many people die of heart disease, cancer and other preventable illnesses. The S.A.D is literally killing people.

B) Protein is not only found in animal flesh. It is found in numerous places. Studies have shown that animal protein is linked to cancer. So you can get your protein from other sources that actually PREVENT cancer, rather than cause it.

Moral equivalence fallacy. Would I eat my dog or cat? My dog and cat are not bred and raised to be a protein source.

It doesn't matter what animals are "bred for." They are still sentient, just like your dog or cat. In fact, pigs are ranked as SMARTER than dogs, and they are just as social.

Try playing fetch with a cow.

Ok!

But I get what you mean, hey, I love animals too, animals which love and give love and make pets. But so long as they are raised and killed humanely and are bred in number to supply as market.

No, you don't love animals if you pay to have someone harm and torture them on your behalf. What you love is PETS.

There is no such thing as "humane killing" because the very act of killing someone who wants to live, when it is completely unnecessary, in and of itself is cruel.

I get and respect that DA. I was a vegetarian for about 30 years. The question is how sentient really is a chicken or a cow, and if they are raised as food and killed humanely without pain or suffering . . . .

Farm animals are definitely sentient. They have individual personalities, in the same way dogs and cats do. They feel pain, they suffer, they feel a range of emotions like fear, sadness, happiness, curiosity, contentment, playfulness, etc.

People have been conditioned to love certain animals (dogs, cats, horses) and to be completely callous toward other animals, acting as if they are invisible or mere objects, but that is not the reality.

Why go along with the crowd, when most of the time, the crowd is wrong? Why stick with traditions that are bad and selfish...and put tradition over truth, reason and logic?

But anyway, it's great that you were a vegetarian at one time. If you get a chance, you really should watch the documentary 'Game Changers'. It's on Netflix, and it's excellent.

You believe humans are superior to animals, do you not? If we are superior to animals, then why act in a barbaric way? Being 'above' the animals is all the more reason to act with mercy, love, and to live by the Golden rule… treating others the way you would want to be treated.

Why look to animals as your moral compass? Some animals eat their own poop and rape each other. So because they do that does that make it OK and natural for us to as well?

And if you are going to look to animals as your moral compass, why not choose the gentle herbivorous animals who mind their own business and don't harm others… Why do you choose to emulate the violent, bloodthirsty predatory animals?

1612126629800.png

What makes you think a herbivore won't harm others?

You do realize that pigs are omnivores and will eat other animals right?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

View attachment 451222

What makes you think a herbivore won't harm others?

You do realize that pigs are omnivores and will eat other animals right?

*****CHUCKLE*****

You're using a fearful bull put in a bullfighting pen as an example? If you had someone charging at you with a sword, would you try to defend your life even if meant using force?

That's an example of self-defense.

The fact remains that if you have a choice to emulate a violent predator or an animal who does not eat others, why choose the former?

You're using a fearful bull put in a bullfighting pen as an example? If you had someone charging at you with a sword, would you try to defend your life even if meant using force?

The fact remains that if you have a choice to emulate a violent predator or an animal who does not eat others, why choose the former?

1612127548501.png

Oh look! It's a cute little calf. Why don't you go pet it and make friends with it.

*****CHUCKLE*****

I'm an omnivore and a violent predator in addition to being intelligent and a tool user. That's why mankind has evolved to be one of the most prolific species of animal on the planet. Your attempts to make everything into some fantasy Disney show about animals is not very pragmatic. Will you be promoting state funded abortions for the growing population of animals next?

Attachments

• 1612127453403.png
    1612127453403.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

View attachment 451227

Oh look! It's a cute little calf. Why don't you go pet it and make friends with it.

*****CHUCKLE*****

I'm an omnivore and a violent predator in addition to being intelligent and a tool user. That's why mankind has evolved to be one of the most prolific species of animal on the planet. Your attempts to make everything into some fantasy Disney show about animals is not very pragmatic. Will you be promoting state funded abortions for the growing population of animals next?

God gives Man the choice to live as angels or demons. You can choose, but there are consequences for every choice.

View attachment 451227

*****CHUCKLE*****

God gives Man the choice to live as angels or demons. You can choose, but there are consequences for every choice.

1612130742763.png

I try to live in harmony with nature and that means I try to take only what I can use while not wasting it and only fight when necessary.

I'm not convinced that a meat like product grown in a lab will have all the nutrients a slab of steak will have. If you wish to raise your children or grandchildren on such an experimental substitute then that is your choice. If it proves to be the wrong choice because they are missing something that is essential to the growth of a healthy brain then live with your choice.

Until then God made man an omnivore which means my diet includes meat.

*****SMILE*****

Last edited:
I'm an omnivore and a violent predator in addition to being intelligent and a tool user.

You wouldn't want a violent predator to make you into food, would you? Let's say Jeffrey Damher was still alive and he wants to chop you into pieces and eat you. If you wouldn't want that done to you, why do that to others? Because they're "just animals"? Well, your dog is "just an animal" yet you probably apply the Golden Rule to your dog, right?

The bottom line is you are choosing to do something that you wouldn't want done to yourself.

That's why mankind has evolved to be one of the most prolific species of animal on the planet.

I went over this earlier on the thread. Darwinian evolution is one of the biggest lies ever perpetuated on mankind. I believe we were created. We were created to live in PEACE AND HARMONY with all of creation. Read the first chapter of the bible. As well as all the prophetic scriptures (see below.)

Your attempts to make everything into some fantasy Disney show about animals is not very pragmatic. Will you be promoting state funded abortions for the growing population of animals next?

I'm not under the illusion that I can turn this world into a fantasy. I'm well aware that we live in a screwed up, selfish fallen world. But why go along with that when you don't have to? Why contribute to the pain, suffering, violence and killing? You don't have to. It is completely unnecessary.

Also, that "fantasy" of peace and harmony was prophesied in the bible. So if you are a Christian (are you?) and you don't like that, then you really should take that up with God. Because this is GOD's ideal and future world, when He restores the peaceful, nonviolent world that HE created in the beginning:
The wolf will live with the lamb,​
the leopard will lie down with the goat,​
the calf and the lion and the yearling together;​
and a little child will lead them.​
The cow will feed with the bear,​
their young will lie down together,​
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.​
The infant will play near the cobra’s den,​
and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.​
They will neither harm nor destroy​
on all my holy mountain,​
for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord​