Kudos to Trump! Signs onto support of Hong Kong protests

Fort Fun Indiana

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
I don't know what made him finally do this, and i dont care. The world still looks to America for leadership, and the President really, really needed to do this.

President Trump signs Hong Kong human rights act - CNNPolitics

Trump signs Hong Kong human rights act as China blasts 'plainly bullying behavior'
By Paul LeBlanc and Steven Jiang, CNN
Updated 9:56 PM ET, Wed November 27, 2019

Washington (CNN)US President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed a law supporting Hong Kong's months-long protest movement, handing anti-government demonstrators in the semi-autonomous Chinese city a moral victory and likely complicating trade negotiations with Beijing.

I don't know what made him finally do this, and i dont care. The world still looks to America for leadership, and the President really, really needed to do this.

Trump signs Hong Kong human rights act as China blasts 'plainly bullying behavior'

Washington (CNN)US President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed a law supporting Hong Kong's months-long protest movement, handing anti-government demonstrators in the semi-autonomous Chinese city a moral victory and likely complicating trade negotiations with Beijing.

Beijing does not care...

Question is will America go to war if China goes into Hong Kong and does mass killing?

Beijing does not care...
Oh, they care. Lots of money at stake, here. And China plays the long game. Hong Kong is in their long term plans.
Question is will America go to war if China goes into Hong Kong and does mass killing?
I say, no. But i don't see that happening in the foreseeable future. China doesn't want to pay the price for that, economically. Else they would already have done it. China doesnt give a shit about killing lots and lots of people (yet). They are trying to domimate the world economically, at first.

Beijing does not care...
Oh, they care. Lots of money at stake, here. And China plays the long game. Hong Kong is in their long term plans.
I say, no. But i don't see that happening in the foreseeable future. China doesn't want to pay the price for that, economically. Else they would already have done it. China doesnt give a shit about killing lots and lots of people (yet). They are trying to domimate the world economically, at first.

I believe they will invade at the start of 2020.

China does not care when they have Russia and Iran backing them...

I believe they will invade at the start of 2020.
No need to "invade", the protestors are often all in one place. And they already have tanks in Hong Kong. So, that part of the "invasion" has already happened. So maybe you're right, just late to the party. I'm not sure what to think of it. But if they murder those protestors en masse, they will pay a heavy price. They don't want to go back to being a global pariah.

I too am glad the president actually did something right for the first time (I am aware of) this week. It did not take "big clanging balls" to do it. Trump did not promise to go to war over the freedom of that city in China, just as Obama did not wish to go to a shooting war with Russia over Ukraine during the Russian invasion of Crimea. [Russia made Apple change the maps today] It is of note that Trump usually outright supports totalitarian, indeed Communist regimes and leaders, but he didn't this time. The situation Hong Kong is in (to a great extent) is Great Britain's fault. They basically stole it after the 2nd Opium war back when everybody kicked feudal China's ass, and kept it for a hundred years. It should have never been given back. We should never have given back the Panama Canal. Israel should have never given back the Golan Heights. It is the same in country after country. I ascribe to the Frank Burns school of international law and diplomacy when Margret asked if he learned his lesson over the stolen gun, he said "oh, yes. If you steel something, never give it back. It will only cause trouble."

I too am glad the president actually did something right for the first time (I am aware of) this week. It did not take "big clanging balls" to do it. Trump did not promise to go to war over the freedom of that city in China, just as Obama did not wish to go to a shooting war with Russia over Ukraine during the Russian invasion of Crimea. [Russia made Apple change the maps today] It is of note that Trump usually outright supports totalitarian, indeed Communist regimes and leaders, but he didn't this time. The situation Hong Kong is in (to a great extent) is Great Britain's fault. They basically stole it after the 2nd Opium war back when everybody kicked feudal China's ass, and kept it for a hundred years. It should have never been given back. We should never have given back the Panama Canal. Israel should have never given back the Golan Heights. It is the same in country after country. I ascribe to the Frank Burns school of international law and diplomacy when Margret asked if he learned his lesson over the stolen gun, he said "oh, yes. If you steel something, never give it back. It will only cause trouble."
And the White House made it clear he would only enforce it when it doesn't impinge on his constitutional authority (as interpreted by all of those experts with which he has surrounded himself).

"
However, the US President's statement also indicated the administration would only enforce parts of the measure -- as it interferes with the President's ability to conduct foreign policy.
"Certain provisions of the Act would interfere with the exercise of the President's constitutional authority to state the foreign policy of the United States. My Administration will treat each of the provisions of the Act consistently with the President's constitutional authorities with respect to foreign relations," the White House said in a statement...."

Nice post! You know your stuff.

You were doing so well until halfway through the post. Then it went all to pieces. But you are correct, it is way out of character.

We stole Panama too, as you must know.

Ix-nay on the alk-tay about China ullying-bay. If Rump gets wind of the fact that he came down on the side against bullying he'll come out tomorrow and go "would means wouldn't". :eusa_shhh:

Ix-nay on the alk-tay about China ullying-bay. If Rump gets wind of the fact that he came down on the side against bullying he'll come out tomorrow and go "would means wouldn't". :eusa_shhh:
Congress did SOMETHING to put the screws to Trump, here.

Forum List

Back