Korean American Perspective

Mike Dwight

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2017
Please note I originally wrote this post on a Christian forum and since I am now not on that forum, I want to disclose I'm not claiming Korean heritage. This forum might garner thoughtful responses on the 1992 LA riots past what I can study on the internet. Thanks.

This article will cover background on Presbyterianism. Then, what is the presented Presbyterian religion and national experience for Korean Americans, their experience as Americans and citizens, and covers shortsighted problems in African American communities.

The foundation and survival of Christianity lies completely in Feudal Europe. Christianity survived at points in time Solely in Orthodox Churches in and out of Byzantium and Catholic Churches. Catholic Churches and the Pope worked a restoration of the Western Roman Unity through aristocratic families intermarrying across the new Feudal Kingdoms and diplomatic marriages. The Reformed Church along with many claims, retained women from these diplomatic marriages to foreign kingdoms or countries. The full Reformed Church from all Papal dependency, can be exampled in American Puritans, the French Huguenots, Presbyterians in Scotland, various Reformed original churches in Hungary under the Ottomans and elsewhere. John Calvin and John Knox really have no dependency on Martin Luther, or Lutherans, or followers such as the Anglican, Baptist, Methodist, strains of itinerant preachers protesting Rome. Reformed Churches are not about never "kneeling again to the Pope", and sometimes, the Pope is still in writing, having a special demonic part in the end Days. There are likely few systems to Reclaim Reformed churches for the Pope. John Calvin founded as a lawyer the religion in Switzerland and John Knox took his teacher's issue to the government of Scotland. Reformation is exampled in American Puritans. No favoritism of government form is known to me besides that which is best for the people with some humanism, or so I see cited. It counsels Rulers in a way Baptists refuse a part in. Really, with or without it there are many anti-marriage laws across Kingdoms for the good of subjects.

Presbyterianism of course existed before and through and after the founding of the United States of America. It serves as a high pillar in the secular government's meaning of separation of Church And State. Anglicans were not given offices for that quality. A man's home and fireside was his own. For those who remember A Christmas Carol making a renewed case for Christmas traditions, the British Isles Protestantism uniquely favored removal of Roman Catholic holidays, instead, producing Thanksgivings, in USA, Canada, perhaps elsewhere. Only Easter, Thanksgivings, and the Sabbath Sunday being observed. Today, Liberal Theology aside, Neo-Catholocism for Anglicans and other reintroduces Christmas where in the Early United States of America it was detestable to George Washington to make a big deal of Christmas, and Christmas was illegal. Superstition and gathering merriment were frowned upon even in the unchurched Enlightenment.

Horace Grant Underwood was a Naturalized American, hailing from London. In 1885 patriotic spirits existed such as My Country Tis of Thee, Hail Columbia, and others, while the Star Spangled Banner may have existed but was not widely regarded as far as I know, until its 1931 adoption. America was known as Radical Republicanism, and Liberty defined in that way in contrast to monarchies. Communism was not yet in an infancy anywhere. Auld Lang Syne known throughout the English world from a Scottish Poem was taken by Presbyterians to form the National Anthem in Korea, with lyrics that were changed. In 1885 along with many denominations with positive ecumenical relation (or communication) such as Methodists , and many smaller contributions, the Reverend Horace Grant Underwood had 50 American men and their wives to Korea. This was a Welcomed and Invited "Call of Korea" as is the title of Underwood's book. That quality of called, voluntary adoption, is essential to Korea. In 10 years after meeting King Gojong's wife in a Christian fashion, of celebrating Underwood's own wedding "native to America" and celebrating King Gojong's Christian wedding "native to Korea" in the usual Christian ceremonies today, of Underwood's leading Korean obedience to the rightful King's government, Underwood would undoubtedly be grieved at the Queen's apparent assassination, dismemberment, and burning by Japanese invaders in Korea. Queen Myungseong's death signals great suspicion and a new era for Korea heading toward being conquered. However, Presbyterians in Korea see the church as progress oriented as it did show through American contractors, western institution and technology that did not require Japanese intervention. Underwood founded universities and hospitals in Korea such as Yonsei University, or Gejungwon Hospital, is detailed in "The Call of Korea".

In the meantime between 1930, of any real free or personally decided migration of Koreans under Japanese rule, and 1958, the end of World War 2, the last of the Korean War, and shocks of reintroduction between the Presbyterian Church of America and Korea must be covered. After the Korean War, America experienced the anti-war movement, the Civil Rights movement, the hippies' movement, which all led to wanted changes For Americans At That Time. In all of this marching, a Spirit that is American is undoubtedly crushed. US Census numbers show that around 1951 and that timeperiod perhaps 5 to 7 million Americans were Presbyterian to 1958 dissolutions and reorganizations of the rightly Historic church, to the present day being only 2 or 3 million Presbyterians in America today who are mostly elderly OR, Korean American, who in the 70 to 80% majority identify as Presbyterian on being in the United States. The United States upheavals in a way, leave this weak "healing" PCUSA , isolated and radical, next to Presbyterian churches established by the USA in other countries, such as Mexico, the Presbyterian Churches under the established Scottish church known as The Kirk, in British Africa. Presbyterians and Reformed churches are far away from the PCUSA which causes disagreement even with Presbyterians who are left in this disintegrating church.It is right and noble for Korean Americans to be Presbyterians, really, being Americans, the thoughtful sort of Americans who signed our Declaration of Independence. That nobility of pursuit won't be stolen from Korean Americans.

The Korean American experience is relatively unsubstantial and unregarded. Korean Americans neither can expect to impose South Korea, North Korea, or any earlier Korea onto the American conscience or have a cultural melting pot that is uniquely catching on. The LA Riots of 1992 are a touchstone of mistrust between Korean American and African American and generally with other communities.

I am going to speak on an important contribution to be brought by the African American community. First, is the background on which I believe this can be said. African Americans have a culture directly in its root regarding Slavery. A majority of its culture is a direct rejection of culture, persons, and circumstances, and all study toward the persons around slavery. They are uniquely positioned, not as a Northern White person of Today, or any other demographic. The full study of their roots in America can't be done hatefully, or as a hashtag, and in daily life that is therefore a rejected topic derisively without argument. I see an African American community completely subservient to a complete and Final Northern Victory in this regard. Many of our race relations discussions can find their Exact roots in this institution. Where the Empire of Spain made many grades of colors from light to dark to distinguish mixtures of native or Spaniard, today these words don't identify or translate well as White or Black. Victorian mother-centered home and family is far more descriptive of the one-drop rule or matrilinealism than is naming an arbitrary system of oppression when many such systems existed. When racism was a poorly examined element and side affect in a distant past by scholarly men, we see they spoke of the Dixie flag as the Cross of Scotland the south's claim to state independence to a tyrannical government union in parallel with recent developments of England and Scotland in the Union Jack. 90% of black "native brothers" who took the same journey arrived to a Catholic Master elsewhere in the America's in harsher conditions in disregard of life or happiness. African Americans are culturally ignoring Presbyterian Africans awaiting brotherhood from the former British Empire. Because Baptists and Methodists tended to cause rebellions in slavery systems, preach more meaningfully to slaves, and discourage slave owners as either pastors or missionaries, Baptists and Methodists have a unswayable link to African American culture. However, Baptists and Methodists as denominations promote an American Centric views on religion. Their place is uncertain in the Christian world as a unit, and take African Americans away from the central pillars of Christendom or the wider universality identity of Christianity. Methodists and Baptists while as large as Presbyterians around the world, are not around the world, have a shorter history since 1830 and Are Not Studied around the world, the wide association of Christians for Christians. African Americans reject from slavery, all vestiges of identification and justification Through links of Original and Organized denominational, religions founded in Europe.

Both African Americans and Korean Americans want a fair chance from both the government and the people of the United States. It should be noted, however, when Korean Americans came to LA with advanced educations from Korea, these were not regarded qualities. African Americans wish to claim a sway of influence and power and really, black privilege in America over Universality principles of being a Christian. African Methodist and African Baptist churches were founded by themselves for independence, while United Methodists and Southern Baptists including Martin Luther King Jr, call for these to be brought together in true brotherhood, to pray together, hand in hand. That is a complicated history of segregation and bias. National Origin, Racial Bias, and Status can all be regarded distinctly. Horace Grant Underwood, like John Knox who arrived to the government of Scotland, went to Korea with the mission of establishing for the Koreans their Church and presided for some time, is today acknowledged in their church history, and was turned over to Koreans since his death in 1916. The Confucian class system was important and uninhibited as well as public ceremonies. Far more important is the true provision of the Word, in Korean, the church and its safety, and the rightful government of Korea. I'm led to believe the King of Korea was led to think in a few accounts, that the King of Korea was led to believe, this led to an Equal Alliance stance with us the United States. In the manner of European Empires of the time, he was not forced 'onto the shoulders' of the Russian orthodox church, the church was not Supervised as were Presbyterian churches in the British Empire, Methodists and Baptisttend to either not want acknowledgment by a "king", do not claim to lead supervision with another government, as adding In God We Trust and Under God in the pledge of allegiance, were public works inarguably Presbyterian, and in fact the Diplomatic missions to Korea, the embassy of America in that time were these same Presbyterian missionaries. Especially before World War 1 and the Russian court's fall to communism, the end of a long era of diplomacy through Christian struggles.

Everyone today is susceptible to discrimination to the idea of a thoughtful family arrangement in marriage, of believing in a full open competition in all personal and public arenas, and imposing a temporary divorce prone modern marriage standard. First generation Korean Americans and since the immigration reforms of the 2nd generation have a great chance for fellowship in Presbyterian Churches whom we could force through many Initiation Difficulties, as many as we want or dream to make until they decide to refuse. Let's respect their land by respecting our own land and meet for positivity.

PCUSA Announcement.
This a PCUSA mission celebration announcement as Most Koreans are arriving with the PCUSA Korean mission. The Korean Presbyterian Church of Korea or the Korean Presbyterian Church Abroad celebrates 100th Anniversary of the official Church establishment.

Since you mentioned the L.A. riots and the Korean perspective on things, this is a documentary on the Korean perspective on the L.A. riots. It documents how the media doctored footage to spark racial violence against Koreans. It also shows how Democrat politicians fucked over Koreans in Koreatown:

• Banned
I already had some replies on the other forum about Presbyterian missionaries if you don't mind.

That is very interesting! Thanks for that bit on John Geddie and introducing me to John Geddie. What's interesting about United States Presbyterian Missions versus British Presbyterian missions, and I can't decide to directly attribute this to the Westminster Confession change upon the American revolution of, no longer obeying state magistrates, seeing as the Church no longer had Magistrates or religious police so to speak in the direct consternation of the church, was changed for a slight variety Already in the early American Presbyterian Church, and I find that British Presbyterian missionaries tend to promote within their own Empire and its colonies. Its almost an arm of the Empire, the Presbyterian Church of Niger or Presbyterian Church of East Africa have present dependencies far past the Empire. Why even Stonewall Jackson preached and had a good word for his slaves but it might be objectionable to African Americans today or for Koreans and Korean Americans who according to the Korean English speaking presbytery find it to be a source of 'nationalism' or heritage. I find inspiration in how Horace Underwood had learned Korean for translation, often had Korean dress, married within his mission in Korea, and directed praise worship for the King of Korea. God Save the Queen was not the automatic , in fact, I'm not sure that was ever mentioned. In fact the first Baptized into the Church of Korea was what is said then to be a Yangban before the land was stolen by the Japanese and the Yangban was said to have just "borrowed" his translation of the New Testament to wish to enter the Western religion, joining the Western powers is often mentioned. The National Church was supported by bible sellers on the street in that fashion, the Korean word escapes me.

In a way, I'd like to keep this on track. I'm sure many Admirable missionaries died of malaria or diseases or drowned. I assume you've heard the famous Dr. Livingstone, Scottish Presbyterian explorer who converted One person. Dr. Livingstone, I presume? Horace Grant Underwood is more on topic of current events and issues and could be credited in US-Korean relations just like his son who became a diplomat and translator in the Korean War and the conversion of perhaps 9 million people in a 40-70 million people country. We can repeat folk heros of British Empire ahead of the ecumenical leaders of Presbyterianism such as Horace Grant Underwood. That's my two cents.

Please check his statue at Yonsei University, some campus buildings named after him, a prestigious top research university of Korea, in the fashion of Princeton University which was Horace Underwood's alma mater.

In a way, I'd like to keep this on track. I'm sure many Admirable missionaries died of malaria , diseases, or drowned, in fact as I read the martyrology, the list of martyrs themselves from this Large 100+ mission from the Korean Presbyterian Church Abroad itself for Korean Americans.

The regular Reformed Church throughout Europe is common where Presbyterian is more specific, where I'd call them all reformed and not all Presbyterian. The Westminster Confession gives the Korean American Churches the justification as it says "to only marry within the true reformed church", they do use Korean exclusively which could be a shock, but I don't find them at all insular. There's a Hapdong split after the Korean War inwardly focused but Americans and others will likely meet the Tonghap Presbyterians which is still in continuity and focusing and welcoming inter-denominational ecuminicism, community, inter-denominational communication, the World Council of Churches, and Presbyterian communication or whats left of it.

• Banned
Thanks for that video which could be a good background for the Anglo perspective, for the thoroughly Anglo-Romanized. I've also seen a lot of similar documentaries and was hoping for some original opinion. I'm sure an encounter with the actual soil of Asian countries would show us the true binding authority of Christ and the in-depth Perspective issue we're looking for. I've tried really hard to speak Korean, they try harder to have an English Presbytery.

Just for instance, I'm sure countless of those videos give you the obvious truth, Koreans had on that day their own radio stations on the issue, their own Korean news sources.

Thanks for that video which could be a good background for the Anglo perspective, for the thoroughly Anglo-Romanized. I've also seen a lot of similar documentaries and was hoping for some original opinion. I'm sure an encounter with the actual soil of Asian countries would show us the true binding authority of Christ and the in-depth Perspective issue we're looking for. I've tried really hard to speak Korean, they try harder to have an English Presbytery.

Just for instance, I'm sure countless of those videos give you the obvious truth, Koreans had on that day their own radio stations on the issue, their own Korean news sources.
You need to pick an avatar to go with your moniker.

Please note I originally wrote this post on a Christian forum and since I am now not on that forum, I want to disclose I'm not claiming Korean heritage. This forum might garner thoughtful responses on the 1992 LA riots past what I can study on the internet. Thanks.

This article will cover background on Presbyterianism. Then, what is the presented Presbyterian religion and national experience for Korean Americans, their experience as Americans and citizens, and covers shortsighted problems in African American communities.

The foundation and survival of Christianity lies completely in Feudal Europe. Christianity survived at points in time Solely in Orthodox Churches in and out of Byzantium and Catholic Churches. Catholic Churches and the Pope worked a restoration of the Western Roman Unity through aristocratic families intermarrying across the new Feudal Kingdoms and diplomatic marriages. The Reformed Church along with many claims, retained women from these diplomatic marriages to foreign kingdoms or countries. The full Reformed Church from all Papal dependency, can be exampled in American Puritans, the French Huguenots, Presbyterians in Scotland, various Reformed original churches in Hungary under the Ottomans and elsewhere. John Calvin and John Knox really have no dependency on Martin Luther, or Lutherans, or followers such as the Anglican, Baptist, Methodist, strains of itinerant preachers protesting Rome. Reformed Churches are not about never "kneeling again to the Pope", and sometimes, the Pope is still in writing, having a special demonic part in the end Days. There are likely few systems to Reclaim Reformed churches for the Pope. John Calvin founded as a lawyer the religion in Switzerland and John Knox took his teacher's issue to the government of Scotland. Reformation is exampled in American Puritans. No favoritism of government form is known to me besides that which is best for the people with some humanism, or so I see cited. It counsels Rulers in a way Baptists refuse a part in. Really, with or without it there are many anti-marriage laws across Kingdoms for the good of subjects.

Presbyterianism of course existed before and through and after the founding of the United States of America. It serves as a high pillar in the secular government's meaning of separation of Church And State. Anglicans were not given offices for that quality. A man's home and fireside was his own. For those who remember A Christmas Carol making a renewed case for Christmas traditions, the British Isles Protestantism uniquely favored removal of Roman Catholic holidays, instead, producing Thanksgivings, in USA, Canada, perhaps elsewhere. Only Easter, Thanksgivings, and the Sabbath Sunday being observed. Today, Liberal Theology aside, Neo-Catholocism for Anglicans and other reintroduces Christmas where in the Early United States of America it was detestable to George Washington to make a big deal of Christmas, and Christmas was illegal. Superstition and gathering merriment were frowned upon even in the unchurched Enlightenment.

Horace Grant Underwood was a Naturalized American, hailing from London. In 1885 patriotic spirits existed such as My Country Tis of Thee, Hail Columbia, and others, while the Star Spangled Banner may have existed but was not widely regarded as far as I know, until its 1931 adoption. America was known as Radical Republicanism, and Liberty defined in that way in contrast to monarchies. Communism was not yet in an infancy anywhere. Auld Lang Syne known throughout the English world from a Scottish Poem was taken by Presbyterians to form the National Anthem in Korea, with lyrics that were changed. In 1885 along with many denominations with positive ecumenical relation (or communication) such as Methodists , and many smaller contributions, the Reverend Horace Grant Underwood had 50 American men and their wives to Korea. This was a Welcomed and Invited "Call of Korea" as is the title of Underwood's book. That quality of called, voluntary adoption, is essential to Korea. In 10 years after meeting King Gojong's wife in a Christian fashion, of celebrating Underwood's own wedding "native to America" and celebrating King Gojong's Christian wedding "native to Korea" in the usual Christian ceremonies today, of Underwood's leading Korean obedience to the rightful King's government, Underwood would undoubtedly be grieved at the Queen's apparent assassination, dismemberment, and burning by Japanese invaders in Korea. Queen Myungseong's death signals great suspicion and a new era for Korea heading toward being conquered. However, Presbyterians in Korea see the church as progress oriented as it did show through American contractors, western institution and technology that did not require Japanese intervention. Underwood founded universities and hospitals in Korea such as Yonsei University, or Gejungwon Hospital, is detailed in "The Call of Korea".

In the meantime between 1930, of any real free or personally decided migration of Koreans under Japanese rule, and 1958, the end of World War 2, the last of the Korean War, and shocks of reintroduction between the Presbyterian Church of America and Korea must be covered. After the Korean War, America experienced the anti-war movement, the Civil Rights movement, the hippies' movement, which all led to wanted changes For Americans At That Time. In all of this marching, a Spirit that is American is undoubtedly crushed. US Census numbers show that around 1951 and that timeperiod perhaps 5 to 7 million Americans were Presbyterian to 1958 dissolutions and reorganizations of the rightly Historic church, to the present day being only 2 or 3 million Presbyterians in America today who are mostly elderly OR, Korean American, who in the 70 to 80% majority identify as Presbyterian on being in the United States. The United States upheavals in a way, leave this weak "healing" PCUSA , isolated and radical, next to Presbyterian churches established by the USA in other countries, such as Mexico, the Presbyterian Churches under the established Scottish church known as The Kirk, in British Africa. Presbyterians and Reformed churches are far away from the PCUSA which causes disagreement even with Presbyterians who are left in this disintegrating church.It is right and noble for Korean Americans to be Presbyterians, really, being Americans, the thoughtful sort of Americans who signed our Declaration of Independence. That nobility of pursuit won't be stolen from Korean Americans.

The Korean American experience is relatively unsubstantial and unregarded. Korean Americans neither can expect to impose South Korea, North Korea, or any earlier Korea onto the American conscience or have a cultural melting pot that is uniquely catching on. The LA Riots of 1992 are a touchstone of mistrust between Korean American and African American and generally with other communities.

I am going to speak on an important contribution to be brought by the African American community. First, is the background on which I believe this can be said. African Americans have a culture directly in its root regarding Slavery. A majority of its culture is a direct rejection of culture, persons, and circumstances, and all study toward the persons around slavery. They are uniquely positioned, not as a Northern White person of Today, or any other demographic. The full study of their roots in America can't be done hatefully, or as a hashtag, and in daily life that is therefore a rejected topic derisively without argument. I see an African American community completely subservient to a complete and Final Northern Victory in this regard. Many of our race relations discussions can find their Exact roots in this institution. Where the Empire of Spain made many grades of colors from light to dark to distinguish mixtures of native or Spaniard, today these words don't identify or translate well as White or Black. Victorian mother-centered home and family is far more descriptive of the one-drop rule or matrilinealism than is naming an arbitrary system of oppression when many such systems existed. When racism was a poorly examined element and side affect in a distant past by scholarly men, we see they spoke of the Dixie flag as the Cross of Scotland the south's claim to state independence to a tyrannical government union in parallel with recent developments of England and Scotland in the Union Jack. 90% of black "native brothers" who took the same journey arrived to a Catholic Master elsewhere in the America's in harsher conditions in disregard of life or happiness. African Americans are culturally ignoring Presbyterian Africans awaiting brotherhood from the former British Empire. Because Baptists and Methodists tended to cause rebellions in slavery systems, preach more meaningfully to slaves, and discourage slave owners as either pastors or missionaries, Baptists and Methodists have a unswayable link to African American culture. However, Baptists and Methodists as denominations promote an American Centric views on religion. Their place is uncertain in the Christian world as a unit, and take African Americans away from the central pillars of Christendom or the wider universality identity of Christianity. Methodists and Baptists while as large as Presbyterians around the world, are not around the world, have a shorter history since 1830 and Are Not Studied around the world, the wide association of Christians for Christians. African Americans reject from slavery, all vestiges of identification and justification Through links of Original and Organized denominational, religions founded in Europe.

Both African Americans and Korean Americans want a fair chance from both the government and the people of the United States. It should be noted, however, when Korean Americans came to LA with advanced educations from Korea, these were not regarded qualities. African Americans wish to claim a sway of influence and power and really, black privilege in America over Universality principles of being a Christian. African Methodist and African Baptist churches were founded by themselves for independence, while United Methodists and Southern Baptists including Martin Luther King Jr, call for these to be brought together in true brotherhood, to pray together, hand in hand. That is a complicated history of segregation and bias. National Origin, Racial Bias, and Status can all be regarded distinctly. Horace Grant Underwood, like John Knox who arrived to the government of Scotland, went to Korea with the mission of establishing for the Koreans their Church and presided for some time, is today acknowledged in their church history, and was turned over to Koreans since his death in 1916. The Confucian class system was important and uninhibited as well as public ceremonies. Far more important is the true provision of the Word, in Korean, the church and its safety, and the rightful government of Korea. I'm led to believe the King of Korea was led to think in a few accounts, that the King of Korea was led to believe, this led to an Equal Alliance stance with us the United States. In the manner of European Empires of the time, he was not forced 'onto the shoulders' of the Russian orthodox church, the church was not Supervised as were Presbyterian churches in the British Empire, Methodists and Baptisttend to either not want acknowledgment by a "king", do not claim to lead supervision with another government, as adding In God We Trust and Under God in the pledge of allegiance, were public works inarguably Presbyterian, and in fact the Diplomatic missions to Korea, the embassy of America in that time were these same Presbyterian missionaries. Especially before World War 1 and the Russian court's fall to communism, the end of a long era of diplomacy through Christian struggles.

Everyone today is susceptible to discrimination to the idea of a thoughtful family arrangement in marriage, of believing in a full open competition in all personal and public arenas, and imposing a temporary divorce prone modern marriage standard. First generation Korean Americans and since the immigration reforms of the 2nd generation have a great chance for fellowship in Presbyterian Churches whom we could force through many Initiation Difficulties, as many as we want or dream to make until they decide to refuse. Let's respect their land by respecting our own land and meet for positivity.

PCUSA Announcement.
This a PCUSA mission celebration announcement as Most Koreans are arriving with the PCUSA Korean mission. The Korean Presbyterian Church of Korea or the Korean Presbyterian Church Abroad celebrates 100th Anniversary of the official Church establishment.
The Presbyterians are merely a Scottish sect of the Protestants.

End of story.

PCUSA Announcement.

I appreciate the thoughtfulness and detail of this post, but no African Americans do not claim any such sway that is in bold. I am African American, son of a minister have not heard anything of the sort coming from black churches of any denomination. Think abut it, just exactly who is running around making claims they created a government inspired by God and that America is a Judeo- Christian nation?

• Banned
Yiostheoy hits on something, yes essential was the Established Church of Scotland, the Kirk, standing up in the protestant revolutions , to not being a Scottish Anglican Church, particularly John Knox, cite Bishop Wars. The Welsh also highly Presbyterian in an unestablished church. The Elizabethan Religious Settlement named the Monarch separate from the Papal Head, the new Governor of the Church. A Common Book of Prayer and similar attempted to go across all the countries of the new United Kingdom. Consider if you listen to Southern Baptists the Pre-eminence of the King James Version of the Bible, a Particular English Translation of the Bible and the ancient celtic tongues of Wales and Scotland and the Westminster's Confession's mandate to understand in the 'vulgar tongue' the Word. And lets not call that insular. Scotland was not insular for doing so. So many British anthems are Scottish. Byzantines fell around 1460 so what a commemoration within a century for the Greeks and the Eastern system in such peril under the Ottomans, the word Presbyter being Greek for elder, the original language of the Bible or closer to it than Latin. Presbyter a very often used word in Orthodoxy, and its changing some structure of their ancient creeds in Orthodoxy away from Bishops. Nicene Creed or similar, sorry, the original Greek Presbyter would mean Elder instead of a Bishop perhaps saying the Orthodox church was led to fuse toward the Catholics?

IM2 Thanks so much for your perspective. I'm going to leave the post alone. Wouldn't you claim Martin Luther King Jr. day is a part of America and what if Liberal Theology Presbyterian Church USA recognizes the holiday, in the same way that the Star Spangled Banner is a psalm in the PCUSA hymn book, but the Korean Presbyterian Church still had a limited religious calendar and had the Korean National Anthem in a hymn book? That last bit is completely unconfirmed by the way, I'm assuming. To the bold sentence in particular, this is a federal level and educational influence, power, and not pure racial empowerment, political empowerment moving in a direction concerning Martin Luther King Jr. day and his unerring religious preaching, religious pilgrimages, Selma Alabama and Montgomery mark and honor the pilgrimage churches At the capitol building he ventured to other Baptist congregations, we are Exclusively honoring a preacher in America, whose speeches site the conduct of African Methodists and Baptists and denominations that joined his march, PCUSA in fact highly notes and ranks as those that joined his march. Consider the Idea of segregation is not racist, the implementation was. The Idea of anti-miscegenation laws is not racist, the implementation very well was.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back