Knesset Member Proposes Bill That Would ‘Annex the Jordan Valley Forever’

How do you think the world would (or should) react today if Israel annexes the Jordan Valley?
The world won't do bopkess.
Your are right.
The world will do boycott.
Which amounts to bopkess, so long as the Israelis get the land, I expect.

Post facto boycotts hardly ever work.

And, if the Israelis DO decide to annex, it'll happen so fast that the assigned IDF strike-force will have turned the land over to garrison troops and will be standing down and going home, by the time the UN can move on the matter...

Too little, too late.

Besides, the US will make good on any deficiencies brought-about by any short-lived boycott effort, using your tax dollars [thank you very much].

"...Would you care to put yourself in some Palestinian footwear and tell us how you would react when Jews forcibly transfer you from land your family has lived on longer than the Jewish state has been in existence?"
First, I would have taken my family out of that shithole years ago, but, playing your game for a minute...

I would be pissed. I would get my people out of there and then file class-action suits in both the Israeli and International courts, and hope to get 5 cents on the dollar.

Fighting made sense in 1948-1949. It doesn't now. The only way that ends is with myself and my family and my friends and neighbors, all dead and buried; merely delaying the arrival of the New Owners for a little while, but unable to stop them.

Last edited:
I don't know, but it should. The Golan heights was annexed
In 1967 when most of the world still believed Jews were the "good guys in Palestine.

Actually, the Golan was not annexed until 1981. I was living in Israel at the time, and I remember it being big news then. Of course, the world doesn't recognize the annexation anyways.

It is illegal to annex occupied territory. Remember, Jordan attempted to annex the West Bank but could not.

I guess that ass in the Knesset does not know that.

In 1967 when most of the world still believed Jews were the "good guys in Palestine.

Actually, the Golan was not annexed until 1981. I was living in Israel at the time, and I remember it being big news then. Of course, the world doesn't recognize the annexation anyways.

It is illegal to annex occupied territory. Remember, Jordan attempted to annex the West Bank but could not.

I guess that ass in the Knesset does not know that.

yeah? says who?...It's done too bad

Your are right.

And, if the Israelis DO decide to annex, it'll happen so fast that the assigned IDF strike-force will have turned the land over to garrison troops and will be standing down and going home, by the time the UN can move on the matter...

Too little, too late.

Besides, the US will make good on any deficiencies brought-about by any short-lived boycott effort, using your tax dollars [thank you very much].

"...Would you care to put yourself in some Palestinian footwear and tell us how you would react when Jews forcibly transfer you from land your family has lived on longer than the Jewish state has been in existence?"
First, I would have taken my family out of that shithole years ago, but, playing your game for a minute...

I would be pissed. I would get my people out of there and then file class-action suits in both the Israeli and International courts, and hope to get 5 cents on the dollar.

Fighting made sense in 1948-1949. It doesn't now. The only way that ends is with myself and my family and my friends and neighbors, all dead and buried; merely delaying the arrival of the New Owners for a little while, but unable to stop them.
Post facto boycotts Change the world.

"IF ONE had asked any South African, black or white, some 35 years ago how the conflict would end, the answer would most probably have been: 'It will not end. There is no solution.'

"That is exactly the answer one receives today In Israel and Palestine.

There could be no solution.

"The vast majority of black South Africans wanted freedom and black rule.

"The great majority of the Whites, both Boer and British, knew that once the Africans assumed power, the Whites would be slaughtered or driven out.

"No side could possibly back down.

"Yet the incredible, the unimaginable, happened.

"The blacks won.

"A black president assumed power.

"The Whites were neither slaughtered nor evicted.

"Some say that they are today in many ways more powerful than the Blacks."

When the Unimaginable Happened » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Your are right.

Too little, too late.

Post facto boycotts Change the world.

"IF ONE had asked any South African, black or white, some 35 years ago how the conflict would end, the answer would most probably have been: 'It will not end. There is no solution.'

"That is exactly the answer one receives today In Israel and Palestine.

There could be no solution.

"The vast majority of black South Africans wanted freedom and black rule.

"The great majority of the Whites, both Boer and British, knew that once the Africans assumed power, the Whites would be slaughtered or driven out.

"No side could possibly back down.

"Yet the incredible, the unimaginable, happened.

"The blacks won.

"A black president assumed power.

"The Whites were neither slaughtered nor evicted.

"Some say that they are today in many ways more powerful than the Blacks."

When the Unimaginable Happened » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

I wonder if Mr. George feels that he suffered apartheid here in the U.S. at the hands of the Jews. He seems very stuck on this apartheid issue even though there are Arabs working as researchers in Israeli institutes, they are working in Israeli hospitals as doctors and other medical personnel, and they are also in the Israeli military. Maybe Mr. George can tell us how wonderful the South African economy is doing now that the Blacks have taken over. Sad how many of the Somalis are now leaving South Africa and going back home even though it really isn't safe there. By the way, here is a shining example of
"apartheid." She didn't wimp out during her basic training because she got homesick as Mr. George did.

Israel Hayom | From Africa with love: IDF gets first female Nigerian officer

Forum List

Back