Kitty rescue stories....

My daughter rescued a kitten from a guy who was handing them out at the park. She had an umbilical hernia and no one wanted her. She brought her home, and we nursed her with a baby bottle for a couple of weeks until she was able to switch over to solid food. At about 6 months of age, we had her hernia fixed at the same time we had her fixed. She's now a sleek black brat of a cat who is thoroughly spoiled. Her name is Prissy. She's 6 years old.

Tomas the kitty and Camarin the puppy who snuggled to keep each other warm in the rain, were rescued together by a rescue driver from the Michigan Humane Society.

Michigan Humane Society wrote: “The MHS rescue team was called about a puppy left out in the rain near an abandoned house. When a rescue driver arrived, the puppy was curled up between two garbage cans.

When she ran out to greet the rescue driver, he heard loud meows coming from the puppy’s hiding place. When he investigated, he found a small, black kitten.

The two had been snuggled together, trying to share warmth and get a break from the biting wind and rain. Who says cats and dogs cannot be friends?”

WATCH VIDEO: Camarin and Tomas Take Shelter from The Rain

Update: Both Tomas and Camarin have been adopted!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Screen-Shot-2015-02-28-at-1.57.22-AM.jpg

That dog looks so much like our hound dog did when we adopted him. He was only 20 pounds then; now he weighs 80 and still growing.

A man rescued a cat from an abusive home and helped her trust again. Now every time he comes to visit Fancy the cat, she snuggles up to him. “My rescue cat stayed with my parents when moved out, she gets so clingy when I visit!” he wrote. (reddit)

“Due to her last home being very abusive, her emotional state is very quirky. It took me about three months to get her to come out from under the bed. I placed her food and water and litter box under there until she was ready.

She’s been with my parents for nearly two years and they spoil her rotten, plus her Boston Terriers love Fancy to death. When I moved in with my wife she had a little dog that plays way to rough and I fear Fancy would not be able to handle him. Every time I visit my parents I spend as much time as possible with Fancy.”

Fancy the cat clinging to her rescuer when he comes for a visit.

Fancy letting him know she’s ready to be brushed.

A man rescued a cat from an abusive home and helped her trust again. Now every time he comes to visit Fancy the cat, she snuggles up to him. “My rescue cat stayed with my parents when moved out, she gets so clingy when I visit!” he wrote. (reddit)

“Due to her last home being very abusive, her emotional state is very quirky. It took me about three months to get her to come out from under the bed. I placed her food and water and litter box under there until she was ready.

She’s been with my parents for nearly two years and they spoil her rotten, plus her Boston Terriers love Fancy to death. When I moved in with my wife she had a little dog that plays way to rough and I fear Fancy would not be able to handle him. Every time I visit my parents I spend as much time as possible with Fancy.”

Fancy the cat clinging to her rescuer when he comes for a visit.

Fancy letting him know she’s ready to be brushed.

Aww, look at the cutie squishy face! :)

Hope, the cat with no eyes, has found a happy home after being rescued from the Ikea parking lot.

The 16 week old kitten was found abandoned in the Ikea parking lot in December by the Burlington Humane Society along with her mother and sister Charity and Joy.

“This sweet 4 month old kitten suffers from Microphthalmia, which literally means ‘small eye’. Hope was born with two very tiny non-functional eyes and is completely blind,” the shelter wrote. They shared photos of Hope on Facebook. “She definitely caught the hearts of a lot of people,” Janet Cappus, the adoption counsellor said. “She’s incredibly intelligent and can find her way around.”

“She’s the most playful kitten… anything with a spring or a ball, if she could hear it, she was playing with it. She would run all around the room,” she added.

Hope’s mother and sister got adopted together, but she was still waiting for her forever home due to her special needs.

Then on Thursday, she found her match. “Her new (dad) says she’s already found her favorite spot on the couch,” Cappus said.

Meet Hope. She can’t see, but she doesn’t let it stop her.

They found Hope at a Ikea parking lot along with her mother and sister.

“She definitely caught the hearts of a lot of people,” Janet Cappus, the adoption counsellor said. “She’s incredibly intelligent and can find her way around.”

Hope’s mother and sister were adopted and she was still waiting for her new home… then on Thursday, she found her match.

“Her new (dad) says she’s already found her favorite spot on the couch.”

“Almost two years ago we adopted a cat named Darwin from the shelter. He’s all grown up!” TFRAIZ wrote (imgur).

“The most interesting cat in the world easily caught my attention. Our first meeting was brief, but left a lasting impression…”

They simply couldn’t leave without him…

“What would we name him? The shelter went with Darwin, but we chose something a little different.”

“Here he is. Mr. Saxobeat at nearly two years of age. He’s huge now! And, has learned how to open poorly secured doors by using a signature barrel roll technique.”

Handsome boy! “Straight from the shelter to our hearts.”

So scared, but they get over that quickly with love, attention, and FOOD!:biggrin:

These five tiny kittens were given a second chance at life when they were found shivering sitting in a garbage can by a sanitation worker.

“Our new arrivals, the Sesame Street kittens, spent two days piled on top of each other in the bottom of this trash can,” Tiny Kittens wrote.

“We are so grateful to our very own Handyman, of Anders & Co., who was on duty collecting trash, heard their little mews and knew exactly what to do! He rushed them to LAPS, where we gave them baths and immediately treated them for fleas. They also got their first round of deworming, ears cleaned and treated for ear mites, temps taken, weights and first nail trims.”

16194_811560768918789_1035658499186579198_n.jpg

A sanitation worker found 5 tiny kittens shivering at the bottom of a garbage can.

kittens2.jpg

He took them to get help.

kittens3.jpg

The kittens were given baths and dewormed.

kittens9.jpg

All cleaned up!

kittens7.jpg

Time for a nap!

kittens5.jpg

Happy and loved now. Soon they will all be put up for adoption at Langley Animal Protection Society (LAPS).

kittens1.jpg

“Almost two years ago we adopted a cat named Darwin from the shelter. He’s all grown up!” TFRAIZ wrote (imgur).

“The most interesting cat in the world easily caught my attention. Our first meeting was brief, but left a lasting impression…”

They simply couldn’t leave without him…

“What would we name him? The shelter went with Darwin, but we chose something a little different.”

“Here he is. Mr. Saxobeat at nearly two years of age. He’s huge now! And, has learned how to open poorly secured doors by using a signature barrel roll technique.”

Handsome boy! “Straight from the shelter to our hearts.”

That is one of the most adorable kitties I've ever seen!

Meet Mavis, a little furry survivor. This is her rescue journey to her forever home.

“Her momma was hit by a car, and she was the only kitten that survived. I bottlefed her and found her a good home,” said Mavis’ rescuer via imgur.

“Little girl was crawling with fleas, so I bathed her immediately to keep her from giving my other pets fleas.”

“She got named Mavis because she had a set of lungs that allowed you to hear her across the apartment.”

They found Mavis a surrogate mom. “My kitty, Milton, is a sweetheart, so he took her under his paw and groomed her whenever she needed it.”

“Milton looking on in horror as Mavis attempts to nurse. They slept together most nights.”

“I didn’t have any appropriate stuffed toys for her to snuggle with, so I gave her a slightly tattered dog toy. Her ducky became her best friend.”

“Here she is, slightly older, and in her new home, but still in love with her ducky.”

Meet Mavis, a little furry survivor. This is her rescue journey to her forever home.

“Her momma was hit by a car, and she was the only kitten that survived. I bottlefed her and found her a good home,” said Mavis’ rescuer via imgur.

“Little girl was crawling with fleas, so I bathed her immediately to keep her from giving my other pets fleas.”

“She got named Mavis because she had a set of lungs that allowed you to hear her across the apartment.”

They found Mavis a surrogate mom. “My kitty, Milton, is a sweetheart, so he took her under his paw and groomed her whenever she needed it.”

“Milton looking on in horror as Mavis attempts to nurse. They slept together most nights.”

“I didn’t have any appropriate stuffed toys for her to snuggle with, so I gave her a slightly tattered dog toy. Her ducky became her best friend.”

“Here she is, slightly older, and in her new home, but still in love with her ducky.”

Kitty doesn't appear to be enjoying bath time too much. Lol.

Meet Wally! She’s a happy little bottle kitty found from inside a kitchen wall.

The Cat House on the Kings wrote: “SQUEE! This 2.5 week old cutie pie was rescued just today! (She’s now a happy bottle baby at a loving, local foster home.) Since you always ask … her mom is feral (wild) and gave birth to a litter of kittens in someone’s attic. In the process of moving them to a new location, this little girl was dropped by her mom down inside a kitchen wall where the mom couldn’t reach her. The retired homeowner tore a hole in his kitchen wall to rescue the kitten … but mom was long gone. So we stepped in to take over.”

Yay! Look at my jelly beans!

Wally gets really serious when it comes to eating.

Five tiny kittens were reunited with their cat momma after being separated by a house fire in Manchester, NH. The furry family is now getting the care they need to recover.

The litter of six gray kittens were rescued by Manchester firefighters from a burning apartment building on Thursday. One of the kittens didn’t make it, but the firefighters were able to save the remaining five.

The cat mama escaped the fire and couldn’t be found by the firefighters, but she eventually returned home and was taken to an animal hospital to be reunited with her kittens.

All the kittens were getting oxygen treatment for smoke inhalation. When they saw their cat mama again, it was a happy reunion. The cat mama is quite protective of her kittens and doesn’t allow medical personnel to get too close to her little furry babies.

gfdgdfgfd-991x1024.jpg

6924611_Gs.jpg

When I had my big house, I fostered cats and kittens. I had 18 at one time! Since I've moved into smaller lodgings, my limit is six cats/kittens and that really is pushing things, but I wouldn't want to live without a fine, large fur-fam. Because I can no longer foster cats, I support a thriving colony of feral cats that keep the vermin in my barn in check in exchange for kitty kibble and lots of fresh goat milk. I've also donated goat milk to people and agencies who do foster kittens/cats. Kittens fed goat milk do very well, growing big, sleek, and cheeky. One woman came and took 17 gallons of goat milk from me one year! Yes, I do luvs me sum kittehs, and not served with mashed potatoes...
Keep the stories coming, they are great.

Remember Sam the cat who has distinctive eyebrow like markings? He was spotted abandoned outside a house in New York back in 2012. This little guy with a permanent curious look has become an internet sensation since his pictures first appeared on reddit.

Sam was found as a stray curling up in a ditch near a house. He willingly gave himself up to Amanda Collado who rescued him. “…because he was just so tired of being outside that he didn’t fight her. She went to pick him up, he’s kinda like ‘save me!” said Nette Rodriguez.

Meet Sam the cat. He has distinctive eyebrow like markings.

10422967_621199401314238_4756314908715102840_n.jpg

He was found abandoned outside a house back in 2012.

10710618_558227727611406_69765199686880176_n.jpg

He willingly gave himself up to Amanda Collado who rescued him. “She went to pick him up, he’s kinda like ‘save me!”

10609560_546970908737088_2794623276138210918_n.jpg

Sam may look worried, but he’s super playful and full of energy. “Worried is definitely not one of his characteristics.”

10806314_611917285575783_5003386803498810501_n.jpg

A rescue cat mama was introduced to a tiny orphan kitten who was in need of some motherly love. “Everything went better than expected!”

Ottawa Stray Cat Rescue wrote: “He was the only kitten born to a senior momma, she rejected him and he spent the first 15 hours of his life without food or warmth. A wonderful lady in the animal rescue community took him in and put out the call on facebook to try and find a nursing mother to place him with.

My friend had just taken in a mother with 4-week-old kittens from another rescuer, so our organization offered to take him. He’s done amazingly well and bonded with all his siblings and mom. He is now reserved for adoption and is a fat, adorable ball of fluff who loves getting his tummy scratched.”

This little ball of fur was in need of some motherly love.

They found him a cat mama who was recently taken in from another rescuer. When they introduced them together, the momma took to the little orphan kitten and started caring for him like her own.

“He’s mine. Look, but no touch!”

Mama is hugging her baby in her arms.

A kiss! It just doesn’t get any cuter than this.

When I had my big house, I fostered cats and kittens. I had 18 at one time! Since I've moved into smaller lodgings, my limit is six cats/kittens and that really is pushing things, but I wouldn't want to live without a fine, large fur-fam. Because I can no longer foster cats, I support a thriving colony of feral cats that keep the vermin in my barn in check in exchange for kitty kibble and lots of fresh goat milk. I've also donated goat milk to people and agencies who do foster kittens/cats. Kittens fed goat milk do very well, growing big, sleek, and cheeky. One woman came and took 17 gallons of goat milk from me one year! Yes, I do luvs me sum kittehs, and not served with mashed potatoes...
Keep the stories coming, they are great.

I might not mind that if I lived on a farm or something, and they lived outdoors in a barn or something, but honestly I have no desire to have that many animals living in my home. One is plenty for me. :D They do get stinky when you have so many to keep up with from my experiences visiting other people's homes who had a lot of animals. Maybe two would be okay. Maybe.

Forum List

Back