Kitty rescue stories....

Remember Sam the cat who has distinctive eyebrow like markings? He was spotted abandoned outside a house in New York back in 2012. This little guy with a permanent curious look has become an internet sensation since his pictures first appeared on reddit.

Sam was found as a stray curling up in a ditch near a house. He willingly gave himself up to Amanda Collado who rescued him. “…because he was just so tired of being outside that he didn’t fight her. She went to pick him up, he’s kinda like ‘save me!” said Nette Rodriguez.

Meet Sam the cat. He has distinctive eyebrow like markings.

10422967_621199401314238_4756314908715102840_n.jpg

He was found abandoned outside a house back in 2012.

10710618_558227727611406_69765199686880176_n.jpg

He willingly gave himself up to Amanda Collado who rescued him. “She went to pick him up, he’s kinda like ‘save me!”

10609560_546970908737088_2794623276138210918_n.jpg

Sam may look worried, but he’s super playful and full of energy. “Worried is definitely not one of his characteristics.”

10806314_611917285575783_5003386803498810501_n.jpg

He looks like he belongs on one of those funny eyebrows memes! :D

When I had my big house, I fostered cats and kittens. I had 18 at one time! Since I've moved into smaller lodgings, my limit is six cats/kittens and that really is pushing things, but I wouldn't want to live without a fine, large fur-fam. Because I can no longer foster cats, I support a thriving colony of feral cats that keep the vermin in my barn in check in exchange for kitty kibble and lots of fresh goat milk. I've also donated goat milk to people and agencies who do foster kittens/cats. Kittens fed goat milk do very well, growing big, sleek, and cheeky. One woman came and took 17 gallons of goat milk from me one year! Yes, I do luvs me sum kittehs, and not served with mashed potatoes...
Keep the stories coming, they are great.

I might not mind that if I lived on a farm or something, and they lived outdoors in a barn or something, but honestly I have no desire to have that many animals living in my home. One is plenty for me. :D They do get stinky when you have so many to keep up with from my experiences visiting other people's homes who had a lot of animals. Maybe two would be okay. Maybe.
No problem with visitors. The only person who ever comes here is my partner, and really, he smells worse than any critters. Keeping the litter boxes clean is absolutely imperative with this many kitties, though.

When I had my big house, I fostered cats and kittens. I had 18 at one time! Since I've moved into smaller lodgings, my limit is six cats/kittens and that really is pushing things, but I wouldn't want to live without a fine, large fur-fam. Because I can no longer foster cats, I support a thriving colony of feral cats that keep the vermin in my barn in check in exchange for kitty kibble and lots of fresh goat milk. I've also donated goat milk to people and agencies who do foster kittens/cats. Kittens fed goat milk do very well, growing big, sleek, and cheeky. One woman came and took 17 gallons of goat milk from me one year! Yes, I do luvs me sum kittehs, and not served with mashed potatoes...

I might not mind that if I lived on a farm or something, and they lived outdoors in a barn or something, but honestly I have no desire to have that many animals living in my home. One is plenty for me. :D They do get stinky when you have so many to keep up with from my experiences visiting other people's homes who had a lot of animals. Maybe two would be okay. Maybe.
No problem with visitors. The only person who ever comes here is my partner, and really, he smells worse than any critters. Keeping the litter boxes clean is absolutely imperative with this many kitties, though.

Yes, well, I love animals and all but I wouldn't ever want to have so many. They throw up all the time, they leave their hair everywhere, then the costs of feeding them all, and of course there is the litter. That would just be way too many animals living in the house for my liking. Two would be my limit. I have one bunny right now and that is good.

Yes, well, I love animals and all but I wouldn't ever want to have so many. They throw up all the time, they leave their hair everywhere, then the costs of feeding them all, and of course there is the litter. That would just be way too many animals living in the house for my liking. Two would be my limit. I have one bunny right now and that is good.
I understand where you're coming from, Chris. My best buddy is a dog guy, and a one-dog guy at that. He also tends to adopt another adult Rottie when his other dies. He's totally devoted to his doggie pal, and the dogs dote on him, too. He just doesn't feel that he could do more than one animal at a time the justice each deserves.
I've found that the cats do prefer having company and often bond deeply with one or more of their "roomies", including the mini-doxie my daughter left to me.

“My mom surprised my father with a newly adopted kitten, he tries to act tough but has a soft spot for cats. Meet Anna,” Anna’s family wrote via reddit.

“My father is a Ju-Jitsu instructor/Volunteer RCMP officer, and pipeline instructor. He’s an incredibly hard worker and my role model. We adopted a kitten when I was four years old and named her fuzzer, she lived to be 16. The family was quite sad about her passing.”

“He looooooooves cats and mother figured (Anna) could help with any stress from work.”

He’s a tough guy with a soft spot for cats. This is him meeting his new adopted kitten.

After losing their cat for 16 years, they adopted this little tabby and named her Anna.

Behold the power of kittens.

A tiny one week old kitten came to an animal clinic without a mom.

“My girlfriend is a vet. Someone dropped off this 1 week old kitten,” said TeddyPeep via reddit. They named him Orange Pekoe.

“It was tough bottle feeding Pekoe and fortunately, we found a mother who had just had a litter of kittens for him to nurse with. He’s been WAY happier,” he added. “She’s a really sweet momma kitty. As soon as we got her home, she flopped down for the babies to eat. It was pretty darn cute.” (reddit)

“Pekoe loves sitting in our laps and he purrs CONSTANTLY.” After fostering the little ginger kitty for a period of time, they simply couldn’t part with him.

Meet Orange Pekoe! He was just 1 week old when he was dropped off at the vet’s. They took him home and started caring for him round the clock.

They found Pekoe a surrogate mom, and she laid down and let him nurse right away. “Our kitten looks SO content that he has a surrogate momma kitty.”

Eyes opened!

“Are you my sister?”

Mommy kitty giving Pekoe some love.

A happy furry family: Orange Pekoe, Momma Kitty (surrogate mother), and her baby Darjeeling.

They grew so fast!

Orange Pekoe and his brother from another mother Earl Grey.

Orange Pekoe is such a momma’s boy. After fostering him for a period of time, they simply couldn’t part with him. He’s there to stay forever!

Now: Pekoe’s grown into a handsome cat!

A tiny one week old kitten came to an animal clinic without a mom.

“My girlfriend is a vet. Someone dropped off this 1 week old kitten,” said TeddyPeep via reddit. They named him Orange Pekoe.

“It was tough bottle feeding Pekoe and fortunately, we found a mother who had just had a litter of kittens for him to nurse with. He’s been WAY happier,” he added. “She’s a really sweet momma kitty. As soon as we got her home, she flopped down for the babies to eat. It was pretty darn cute.” (reddit)

“Pekoe loves sitting in our laps and he purrs CONSTANTLY.” After fostering the little ginger kitty for a period of time, they simply couldn’t part with him.

Meet Orange Pekoe! He was just 1 week old when he was dropped off at the vet’s. They took him home and started caring for him round the clock.

They found Pekoe a surrogate mom, and she laid down and let him nurse right away. “Our kitten looks SO content that he has a surrogate momma kitty.”

Eyes opened!

“Are you my sister?”

Mommy kitty giving Pekoe some love.

A happy furry family: Orange Pekoe, Momma Kitty (surrogate mother), and her baby Darjeeling.

They grew so fast!

Orange Pekoe and his brother from another mother Earl Grey.

Orange Pekoe is such a momma’s boy. After fostering him for a period of time, they simply couldn’t part with him. He’s there to stay forever!

Now: Pekoe’s grown into a handsome cat!

Ohhhh, that little kitten is SO adorable.

I have a neighbor's cat, who is orange, that comes by to visit me every so often. I call him Orange Peel. :D

Meet Gushicoro the mustachio kitty.

She came to her forever home when she was a wee kitten, a bit shy and fragile, but with a lot of love, she has grown into a beautiful tuxedo cat. Gushicoro is turning 2 next week on March 28. (instagram)

First day home! Gushicoro curled up on a blanket for a nap.

“I’m a little shy.”

Soon her curiosity came out…

…and she started exploring her new kingdom.

Happiness is a lap kitty!

All the cats in the house adore their little sister from another mother.

Who could possibly say no to that face?

Gushicoro, all grown up now!

She loves her mommy.

Chloe was just 8 days old when she was rescued from a high kill shelter by Cats at the Studios. Now she has a chance to find the perfect forever home!

Take a minute to watch this touching story.

[Scroll down for video]

Little Chloe was just 8 days old when she was rescued from a high kill shelter.

Cats at the Studios saved her life minutes before she was being put down. This is Chloe having her very own bottle of milk.

She loves playing with the volunteers at Cats at the Studios…

…and getting back rubs and lots of love, but what she loves the most is the chance to find her forever loving home.

WATCH VIDEO: Touching story about 8 day old Chloe the kitten

Chloe was just 8 days old when she was rescued from a high kill shelter by Cats at the Studios. Now she has a chance to find the perfect forever home!

[Scroll down for video]

Cats at the Studios saved her life minutes before she was being put down. This is Chloe having her very own bottle of milk.

…and getting back rubs and lots of love, but what she loves the most is the chance to find her forever loving home.

These are all so cute, they make me want to get a cat, but I have my rabbit, so that's kind of out of the question for now.

[Scroll down for video]

These are all so cute, they make me want to get a cat, but I have my rabbit, so that's kind of out of the question for now.

Brothers from different mothers!
th

[Scroll down for video]

Brothers from different mothers!
th

:) Adorable.

A 3 year old boy, Audilas Burton, saved a tiny stray kitten born without eyes from a park. Immediately, the little boy and his new friend, they named Murdoch, became inseparable.

“We were walking to the park and he was in the road,” Audilas said to KAMC.

“The cat took off towards him as he was running towards me,” Crystal Burton said. “And he looked at me and said, ‘Mom I just want to keep the cat’.”

“When you first look at him he looks like he has no eyeballs at all, almost like there are just kind of empty sockets there,” Dr. Taylor said. “This would be called phthisis bulbi, which means small or tiny eyeball, and it is a non-functioning eyeball way down deep in that socket, which essentially leaves him with no eyes.”

“He is a very unique kitty,” Jessi Holeman with the Lazarus Foundation said. “He is very friendly, happy and playful. We think he is going to have a really great life.”

This is Murdoch the cat born without eyes. A 3 year old boy found him in a park.

Immediately they became inseparable. “Mom I just want to keep the cat,” he said.

Murdock giving his little rescuer a kiss on the cheek.

This man wasn’t a cat person until he met Stevie the blind cat who was in desperate need of a home. She changed him forever.

Patrick Corr wrote via imgur: “I didn’t adopt Stevie when she was a kitten. I wasn’t even looking to adopt a cat, but when I heard she badly needed a home, I couldn’t resist.”

[Scroll down for video]

“She’s like any cat really, except that she’s blind. I adopted her 3 years ago from a local cat vet hospital as she badly needed a home. The Animal Care Society of Cork had been paying for her stay there for months, as no-one wanted to adopt her. Go figure.”

“This was taken the day I adopted her. She changed my life forever. I wasn’t really a cat person either until I met her.”

“I had to make some adjustments in my life when I took her in. I can’t move furniture around or she’ll bump into them, and I have to keep her litter box and food bowl in the same place at all times. She learns amazingly fast though.”

Stevie loves to take walks with Patrick. “Her tail acts as a cane to help her find her way around.”

“Older cats are often skipped over by people looking to adopt, and they need homes just as much as the little ones,” Patrick said.

WATCH VIDEO: A blind cat no one wanted changed this man’s life.

Meet Link. He was not able to eat on his own and was much smaller than other kitties his age. His rescuers were determined to change that for this very special cat.

“Link is unable to swallow food on his own and can’t pass anything larger than a grain of rice into his stomach. I syringe feed him upright 4 times day,” said the foster mom via imgur.

“Link’s condition is called Persistent Right Aortic Arch (PRAA). He has an extra blood vessel constricting his esophagus which makes it impossible for him to pass anything but liquid through it.”

This is Link. He’s very special. He couldn’t swallow food on his own but the rescuers were determined to help him to eat on his own like other cats.

Link’s foster mom wrote: “This is how I hold Link while feeding him so gravity can help get his food down.”

“He was emaciated and weak when we got him from not being able to eat.”

He got bigger and happier at his foster home but was still about half the size of a normal kitten his age.

“Feed me now!” Because of his condition, Link was always hungry. It put him at high risk for starvation and aspiration pneumonia.

“It takes about 15 minutes to give him one feeding, and another 5-10 minutes of holding him up after to make sure all the food made it into his stomach.”

They raised money to get him corrective surgery so he could eat on his own. This is Link getting ready for surgery at Oregon State University.

After the surgery, Link curled up for a nap.

Back to his foster home, Link snuggled with his foster mom during recovery.

2 months post surgery, Link could eat his pureed canned food out of a bowl. “Seeing improvement every day, and he is fat and happy!”

“Can I have another bowl please?”

Meet Link. He was not able to eat on his own and was much smaller than other kitties his age. His rescuers were determined to change that for this very special cat.

“Link is unable to swallow food on his own and can’t pass anything larger than a grain of rice into his stomach. I syringe feed him upright 4 times day,” said the foster mom via imgur.

“Link’s condition is called Persistent Right Aortic Arch (PRAA). He has an extra blood vessel constricting his esophagus which makes it impossible for him to pass anything but liquid through it.”

This is Link. He’s very special. He couldn’t swallow food on his own but the rescuers were determined to help him to eat on his own like other cats.

Link’s foster mom wrote: “This is how I hold Link while feeding him so gravity can help get his food down.”

“He was emaciated and weak when we got him from not being able to eat.”

He got bigger and happier at his foster home but was still about half the size of a normal kitten his age.

“Feed me now!” Because of his condition, Link was always hungry. It put him at high risk for starvation and aspiration pneumonia.

“It takes about 15 minutes to give him one feeding, and another 5-10 minutes of holding him up after to make sure all the food made it into his stomach.”

They raised money to get him corrective surgery so he could eat on his own. This is Link getting ready for surgery at Oregon State University.

After the surgery, Link curled up for a nap.

Back to his foster home, Link snuggled with his foster mom during recovery.

2 months post surgery, Link could eat his pureed canned food out of a bowl. “Seeing improvement every day, and he is fat and happy!”

“Can I have another bowl please?”

That's a great story.

This tiny rescue kitten has found a new dad who is very protective of her. “Found a baby kitten on the street. This guy won’t let anyone but me touch her,” Kati Michelle wrote via reddit.

They found a tiny baby kitten on the street. Their family dog adopted her right away and was very protective of her.

Little kitten fell asleep in his arms.

Hungry kitten gets her bottle while her dog papa watches.

A tiny orphan kitten was found when he was just a few days old. “Another teacher at my school found this baby in her back yard, and I said I’d take care of him. My students named him Simba,” Simba’s human wrote. (imgur)

Simba was found in a backyard when he was a tiny baby. This is him arriving in his new home, safe and comfy.

He was a palm sized kitten whose eyes weren’t even opened.

His human mom fed him around the clock. There were many sleepless nights, but Simba started to grow and thrive.

Sleeping with a full belly.

Parker the cat sat there by the box, keeping his adopted brother, little Simba, company.

Simba’s eyes began to open.

3 months after the rescue, Simba snuggled under the laptop for a nap.

He’s grown up a lot now, and loves to play hide and seek with his brother Parker.

A tiny orphan kitten and an abandoned puppy found each other and became forever friends.

“Chip & Adele were both orphaned and alone, so they were paired together on March 20, 2015. They will be in foster care until they are old enough for adoption.” (Chip & Adele)

Meet Adele, a tiny 4 week old kitten found as a stray wandering alone without a mother.

This is Chip, a 5 week old chihuahua puppy surrendered to the shelter because his owners “could not care for such a young puppy,” said Natalie Buxton, the foster mom.

The rescue group decided to pair them together. They bonded instantly and became best friends.

Adele loves to climb and Chip is very laid back.

“A puppy and kitten that age are much, much too young to be in an animal shelter,” said Buxton. “Without a foster home, they wouldn’t have had a chance.”

Totally inseparable. They are just waiting to be adopted together.

A tiny orphan kitten and an abandoned puppy found each other and became forever friends.

“Chip & Adele were both orphaned and alone, so they were paired together on March 20, 2015. They will be in foster care until they are old enough for adoption.” (Chip & Adele)

Meet Adele, a tiny 4 week old kitten found as a stray wandering alone without a mother.

This is Chip, a 5 week old chihuahua puppy surrendered to the shelter because his owners “could not care for such a young puppy,” said Natalie Buxton, the foster mom.

The rescue group decided to pair them together. They bonded instantly and became best friends.

Adele loves to climb and Chip is very laid back.

“A puppy and kitten that age are much, much too young to be in an animal shelter,” said Buxton. “Without a foster home, they wouldn’t have had a chance.”

Totally inseparable. They are just waiting to be adopted together.

OMG! Soooo cute! :)

Forum List

Back