Killing babies

There are requirements before it is legal. You should look up the facts before you make more goofy rmarks.

The only requirement is one doctor has to say the health of the mother is at risk. Health, not life.

And health is not defined in the law.

The elites desperately want to kill off the next generation.

unborn-top.jpg

Why do some people want to help the elites?

Of course I support bills to stop infants from being killed.

Now do you object to the 2019 bill?
I object to superficial bills as part of Neo-GOP kabuki theater. I don't object to protecting innocent children.

Nice opinion piece. Accurate data on reasons for third trimester abortions and how many are for either fetal defects or maternal health are hard to come by, but regardless, it is a tiny fraction of all abortions and if barriers to early abortion were removed, it would be even tinier.

Deceptive and dishonest terminology often obscures actual data:

When health care providers use language like "full term" and "late term" in the context of pregnancy, they're talking about how far along the pregnancy is (with "full term" meaning between 39 and 40 weeks and "late term" meaning 41+ weeks). It's important to note that they do not use these terms to categorize types of abortion care.
So when people use terminology like "late-term abortion," the discussion gets especially murky. The term sounds like the language used in medical settings, but when it comes to abortion care, it's simply vague and inaccurate—especially when you consider that most people who use the term aren't talking about abortions that are being performed after 41 weeks (or "late term").

Experts explain that using the gestational period, or the time in pregnancy when the abortion is taking place, is the most accurate way to categorize abortion care and is the standard in the medical community. For instance, an abortion taking place during the second trimester would be a second-trimester abortion, and an abortion during the third trimester would be described as a third-trimester abortion.2
Describing abortion by week or by trimester is also in line with how pregnancy care is provided. "We talk about care as pregnancy progresses in weeks from a person's last menstrual period, or in trimesters (1st: 0-13 weeks, 2nd: 14-26 weeks, 3rd: 27-40 weeks)," adds Chelsea Souder, MPH, director of Clinical Services and Communications Manager at AbortionClinics.org.
Like "late-term abortion," the term "partial-birth abortion" is another inaccurate and misleading term with no basis in medicine. The term first gained traction with the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003.3However, neither "late-term abortion" nor "partial-birth abortion" are recognized by leading medical groups, including the American College of Gynecology (ACOG).4
"'Partial-birth abortion' refers to a procedure known as dilation and extraction, or D&X, which involves attempting to remove the fetus intact through the cervix," explains Dr. Grossman. "The procedure is no longer legal unless medication is used to stop the fetal heartbeat first."
If by “late term, you are talking about third trimester, you are talking about 24-41 weeks gestation.

Facts:
After 21 weeks, is rare, costly and legally restricted in most states, and also comes with greater maternal risks (though still lower than the risks of carrying to term and giving birth). Post Dobbs, they account for 1% of all abortions.

Source: Abortions Later in Pregnancy in a Post-Dobbs Era | KFF
  • Abortions at or after 21 weeks are uncommon and represent 1% of all abortions in the U.S. The procedures are expensive and often require travel and lost wages. They normally require treatment over multiple days and are only performed by a subset of all abortion providers.

In 2021, the last year of data prior to Dobbs, 622,108 abortions were performed. So…of that, 1% were after 21 weeks.

The reasons are varied:

• Severe birth defects. Most fetal brain development occurs after 24 weeks so screening might not show lack of brain development until later. Other severe defects may also may not show until later as well.
  • Medical conditions where a woman might not know she is pregnant until late.
  • Substantial legal barriers preventing a woman from getting an early abortion.
  • Risk to the mother’s health/life - pregnancy complications.

There is really no such thing as abortion up to birth, though people like to point to one exceedingly rare case (32 weeks) to make that claim, and it is a case where it would have been cruel to deny her.

If you want to reduce the tiny fraction of abortions that occur later…remove barriers to early abortion.
NO, you mock the real problems

Hidden Epidemic: Nearly 70% of Abortions Are Coerced, Unwanted or Inconsistent With Women’s Preferences​

ONce you are okay with killing babies you even get upset when a mother WANTS HER BABY
so that rape bullshit of yours, disgusting

by Victims and Victors: Speaking Out About Their Pregnancies, Abortions, and Children Resulting from Sexual Assault by Sobie Makimaa​

Drawn from a survey of nearly 200 women who have experienced rape or incest pregnancies, Victims and Victors reveals a seldom-heard truth: that most women who become pregnant through sexual assault do not want abortions!

These are the real "experts" on this complex issue: the women who have been there. Just listen to what they have to say:

"After my daughter was born, it was love at first sight . . . I know I made the right decision in having her." Nancy "Cole"

"Often I cry. Cry because I could not stop the attacks. Cry because my daughter is dead. And I cry because it still hurts." Edith Young

"I think that rape victims with pregnancies are discriminated against because people seem to think you're nuts to have a baby by a man who raped you. We are looked upon as being liars, or stupid." Sharon "Bailey"

"They say abortion is the easy way out, the best thing for everyone, but they are wrong. It has been over 15 years, and I still suffer." "Rebecca Morris"

"I thank God for the strength He gave me to go through the bad times and for all of the joy in the good times. I will never regret that I chose to give life to my daughter." Mary Murray

"Abortion does not help or solve a problemit only compounds and creates another trauma for the already grieving victim by taking away the one thing that can bring joy." Helene Evans

"The effects of the abortion are much more far-reaching than the effects of the rape in my life." "Patricia Ryan"

"I, having lived through rape, and having raised a child conceived in rape,' feel personally assaulted and insulted every time I hear that abortion should be legal for rape and incest. I feel that we're being used to further the abortion issue, even though we've not been asked to tell our side of the story." Kathleen DeZeeuw

In Victims and Victors, 20 women like the ones quoted above share what it is like to face a pregnancy resulting from rape or incest. They speak bravely and candidly of the pain of sexual assault, of the sadness and trauma of abortion, and of the joy and healing of giving birth.

Victims and Victors answers these important questionsquestions every pro-lifer should be asking:

==============
I just despise heartless facilitators of killing , like you, who pose as wise and caring.

Why can’t we offer at least minimal protections for these small humans?

Last edited:
I am struggling with that one,,
I dont come at this from a religious POV,,

I/we aborted our first child,,
when our second was born I realized we killed our own child not a clump of cells,,

and if not for the left trying to push the envelope and do no restriction up until birth has forced me to take a stand,,

they should have been happy with safe legal and rare,,,
This is a lie.

The ‘left’ has never advocated for abortion up until birth.

Those who support privacy rights have no problem prohibiting abortion after 24 to 30 weeks.

The problem is the authoritarian right’s demand for comprehensive abortion bans, not even allowing for abortions in rare circumstances.

This is a lie.

The ‘left’ has never advocated for abortion up until birth.

Those who support privacy rights have no problem prohibiting abortion after 24 to 30 weeks.

The problem is the authoritarian right’s demand for comprehensive abortion bans, not even allowing for abortions in rare circumstances.
youre premise is a lie beings there are 7 states that allow it up till birth and many others wanting the same across the country,,

Wow, trump made a great decision leaving leftists unhinged on the abortion issue. The left were counting on abortion being an issue, and Trump stole it from you. But still your kind demonstrate their need for this issue, and the criticisms prove acts if desperstion.
Trump is a liar and can’t be believed, as are his dishonest supporters.

The truth is that Republicans will continue to pursue absolute abortion bans, in violation of the right to privacy, endangering the health and lives of women.

Trump is a liar and can’t be believed, as are his dishonest supporters.

The truth is that Republicans will continue to pursue absolute abortion bans, in violation of the right to privacy, endangering the health and lives of women.
your premise is a lie,,

murder is not a privacy right,,

Forum List

Back