Killer sets trap, says its "stand your ground"

That anyone would even ATTEMPT to defend this thief's despicable behavior boggles my mind.

If...a big if...this guy "set a trap", that is indeed wrong, but let's not forget the motherfucker that was attempting take what didn't belong to him...m'kay?

in the news stories you have no idea why the kid went into the garage. he may well have been intending to burglarize the place. he may not have.

the asshole that shot him didn't wait to see. he decided that he'd rather shoot an unarmed kid than lose... what exactly?

your material possessions are not worth the life of anyone.

Could be he was trying to sell something or had a real reason to talk to the guy. With the garage open he might have gone in there first looking for him.

You don't walk into another person's house uninvited whether the door or window is open or not.

Period

Man Who Set A Trap To Kill 17-Year-Old Intruder Invokes Stand Your Ground-Like Defense | ThinkProgress

Seventeen-year-old Diren Dede lost his life Sunday, while in Missoula, Montana on a high school exchange program from Germany. He was shot dead at the home of Markus Kaarma, after Kaarma set a trap for intruders by intentionally leaving the garage open and placing a purse in clear view.

After motion sensors detected someone in the garage, Kaarma shot Dede. And while he has since been charged with first degree murder, he is already invoking a Stand Your Ground-like defense.

Kaarma is not the first to claim he was justified in killing someone after setting a trap. A Minnesota jury rejected Byron Smith’s argument that he was standing his ground when he made it look as though he wasn’t home, and waited in the basement with food and water until two teen intruders descended, and he shot them dead. Audio recorded by Smith depicted him toying with the victims after he shot them, according to the New York Daily News, saying “you’re dead.” He also likened them to “vermin.”

Like we didn't see this coming.

Its a shame that we value things more than we value human lives.

I don't want my belongings stolen but no way is my TV worth more than a human life.

So just reward criminals?

Thanks for being a part of the problem

-Geaux

File under if youre gonna play youre gonna pay!!:D

Who's to say the punk wasn't coming in through the back door the following week?

Threat eliminated.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

This is just another example of how important it is to annex some part of the country and just give it to progressives to engineer their own state. Go......go.....go with all the makey uppey shit they like and good luck. All the gun free zones they want and they don't even have to use locks on doors!!!

Last edited:
That anyone would even ATTEMPT to defend this guy's despicable behavior boggles my mind.

That anyone would even ATTEMPT to defend this thief's despicable behavior boggles my mind.

If...a big if...this guy "set a trap", that is indeed wrong, but let's not forget the motherfucker that was attempting take what didn't belong to him...m'kay?

in the news stories you have no idea why the kid went into the garage. he may well have been intending to burglarize the place. he may not have.

the asshole that shot him didn't wait to see. he decided that he'd rather shoot an unarmed kid than lose... what exactly?

Um, yes they are. Then only the special type of criminal would risk his life to steal a hammer.

-Geaux

Man Who Set A Trap To Kill 17-Year-Old Intruder Invokes Stand Your Ground-Like Defense | ThinkProgress

Seventeen-year-old Diren Dede lost his life Sunday, while in Missoula, Montana on a high school exchange program from Germany. He was shot dead at the home of Markus Kaarma, after Kaarma set a trap for intruders by intentionally leaving the garage open and placing a purse in clear view.

After motion sensors detected someone in the garage, Kaarma shot Dede. And while he has since been charged with first degree murder, he is already invoking a Stand Your Ground-like defense.

Kaarma is not the first to claim he was justified in killing someone after setting a trap. A Minnesota jury rejected Byron Smith’s argument that he was standing his ground when he made it look as though he wasn’t home, and waited in the basement with food and water until two teen intruders descended, and he shot them dead. Audio recorded by Smith depicted him toying with the victims after he shot them, according to the New York Daily News, saying “you’re dead.” He also likened them to “vermin.”

I don't want my belongings stolen but no way is my TV worth more than a human life.

It is not about a tv. It is about the sanctity of your home. It is about not feeling violated. It is about feeling safe in your own home. If you can't feel safe in your home, where will you feel safe?

I don't agree with the baiting. But if the person doesn't take the bait, a.k.a. act like a criminal, nothing bad happens.

It is not about a tv. It is about the sanctity of your home. It is about not feeling violated. It is about feeling safe in your own home. If you can't feel safe in your home, where will you feel safe?

I don't agree with the baiting. But if the person doesn't take the bait, a.k.a. act like a criminal, nothing bad happens.

The garage scenario is an example why I am armed within the home. For today, the Bersa Thunder is the carry choice that will be on my side in a Crossbreed Supertuck

Walking in my garage will get you an introduction

-Geaux

That anyone would even ATTEMPT to defend this guy's despicable behavior boggles my mind.

:eek:HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.:eek:

Lets hope this asshole isn't a parent!!!

The garage scenario is an example why I am armed within the home. For today, the Bersa Thunder is the carry choice that will be on my side in a Crossbreed Supertuck

-Geaux

Winning.

Geaux.......Bersa WTF!! Ive yet to retro harden the walls of my home so my 930 Mossberg isn't an option right now with two kids. Home defense right now is Circuit Judge with Winchester PDX-1 rounds.

These people like Nuddly on here are tragedies waiting to happen.....holy fuck it is so sad. And imagine when the SHTF........these assholes will be going down holding a wiffle ball bat in their hands!!:badgrin:

-Geaux

Winning.

Geaux.......Bersa WTF!! Ive yet to retro harden the walls of my home so my 930 Mossberg isn't an option right now with two kids. Home defense right now is Circuit Judge with Winchester PDX-1 rounds.

These people like Nuddly on here are tragedies waiting to happen.....holy fuck it is so sad. And imagine when the SHTF........these assholes will be going down holding a wiffle ball bat in their hands!!:badgrin:

Bersa today, Kimber and Sig others..:lol:

The anti gun loons are a real sick bunch skooker. To be so ignorant and afraid, they have to be pad shills and hacks from the bloomberg turd brigade :cuckoo:

-Geaux

-Geaux

Winning.

Bersa today, Kimber and Sig others..:lol:

The anti gun loons are a real sick bunch skooker. To be so ignorant and afraid, they have to be pad shills and hacks from the bloomberg turd brigade :cuckoo:

-Geaux

Fortunately, the vast majority is on our side >>>

Gallup Poll: Support for gun control is waning, opposition to handgun ban at all-time high

If you are a gun owner, hasn't been this good since 1959!!!

so it's OK to let a thief take your TV, next time he will take iPad, next, your computer, next your credit cards, and decides he wants to have sex with your wife and daughters, you agree because you are a wussie non violent liberscum, next, your car, you put up a little resistance and you are laying on the floor with that thick red stuff pumping from that gaping slit in your throat..., well good for you, because you used non violent methods to thwart a career criminal and he used a silent way of disposing of a pest...., YOU !! ........., :lmao:

Hang this degenerate.

This guy killed for the thrill of it, and now hopes that the stand your ground law will protect him.

Hang him high.

dishonesty at work

IMO, from what I have read, this is murder.

The shooter had a video camera in the garage.

The girlfriend admitted to police they baited the garage with the purse and stayed up to watch the monitor.

He saw the German boy in the garage on the monitor taking the purse.

He then opened the door from the house and began, without warning, shooting into the garage.

This IS NOT JUSTIFIABLE under the Castle Doctrine.

The Castle Doctrine states that "the homeowner must have a reasonable belief that they are in danger of death or bodily harm".

Stealing from a garage does not under any circumstances meet that requirement.

The shooter had evidence and the means to call law enforcement from the safety of his home.

This was NEVER the intent of the castle doctrine laws, which is why the threat of death or grievous bodily harm was included.

The girlfriend admitted to police they baited the garage with the purse and stayed up to watch the monitor.

He then opened the door from the house and began, without warning, shooting into the garage.

The Castle Doctrine states that "the homeowner must have a reasonable belief that they are in danger of death or bodily harm".

The shooter had evidence and the means to call law enforcement from the safety of his home.

This was NEVER the intent of the castle doctrine laws, which is why the threat of death or grievous bodily harm was included.

LEO uses stings all the time to catch BG's. I agree, where he went wrong maybe, was firing and not holding him for LEO

-Geaux

LEO uses stings all the time to catch BG's. I agree, where he went wrong maybe, was firing and not holding him for LEO

-Geaux

true are there any other sources then the slanted thinkprogress site

YNNEFIELD - April 30, 2014 (WPVI) -- A Wynnfield Heights couple came home to a nightmare when they found intruders inside their house Tuesday night.

Police say after a struggle, the homeowner ended up killing one of the suspects.

It happened around 10:00 p.m. at a home on the 5700 block of Wyndale Avenue.

The young couple returned home to find four or five masked men rummaging through the house.
The man confronted the intruders and a scuffle followed. It ended with one of the burglars dead  shot in the head.

When police arrived they found the deceased suspect in the front bedroom on the second floor.

The 22-year-old man who lives there suffered a gunshot wound to the leg. His 26-year-old girlfriend was unharmed.

Police have not yet identified the man who was shot and killed.

Police say some of the intruders were wearing masks and some were armed with guns. Six shots were fired in the house. They found three spent shell casings on the second floor and another three at the base of the stairs. They also found two guns on the bedroom floor.

The victims had just moved into the house about two weeks ago. Police sources say it appears they were not targeted or known to the intruders.

They apparently came upon a burglary in process.

Police: Burglar killed in Wynnefield home invasion | 6abc.com

Forum List

Back