Police In Daytona Waited 11 Times Before Arresting A Man For Threatening Family

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"A South Daytona man is accused of trying to break into his neighbor's house, threatening the neighbor and using racial slurs. Thirty-four-year-old Gary Dragon was arrested Tuesday, and now police have enhanced the charges because the attack appears to be racially motivated. “This is like the tenth time we've called the police on him,” the neighbor is heard saying to police on body camera video. On Tuesday early evening, the victim told police Dragon appeared at his front door while he slept and as his terrified children were inside, recording with a cell phone. “I'll burn your (expletive) house down!” Dragon said.

Dragon allegedly kicked at the door and could be heard repeatedly using the n-word and profanities against the family and threatening to kill them. “He threatened to kill me and my daughter,” the neighbor told police. Police say Dragon, who they are very familiar with, tried to take off as he was handcuffed and later kicked the inside of the patrol car doors. They say Dragon was enraged that he was being arrested. “You said you were going to kill them, Gary. You said you were going to set their house on fire. What are we supposed to do about that?” an officer asked."

Now, usually, when a guy is resisting arrest, an arrest that resulted from him threatening to kill a whole family (including little children) -- that person usually gets shot or at the least tasered.....not the case here...in fact, looking at the body cam footage; police were very reluctant to even arrest the guy....which is already clear considering this is the 11TH time they were called behind him making threats...as the article said, they were very familiar with him...and furthermore this guy had such a delusion of privilege, that he was outraged that he was even getting arrested...I mean, I guess you get that sense of privilege if after the 10th time of doing something, nothing happens...Were they waiting for him to actually make it in the house and start killing people? What would they have done then? Wait 40 or 50 minutes before going in??

And as for the homeowner, why the XXXX are you so patient?? Did you not get the hint after the 3rd or 4th time you called the police and nothing was done?? You should have clearly grabbed your gun and shot this XXXX dead and used stand your ground as your defense...because you have documented proof of earlier threats along with the current threat he is posing....kill him....protect yourself and your family....let the police sort it out later....Unless this guy was afraid his right to defend himself would be viewed differently by the cops than it would have been if the roles were reversed.

Mod Note: Nipped a couple curse words.

Last edited by a moderator:

"A South Daytona man is accused of trying to break into his neighbor's house, threatening the neighbor and using racial slurs. Thirty-four-year-old Gary Dragon was arrested Tuesday, and now police have enhanced the charges because the attack appears to be racially motivated. “This is like the tenth time we've called the police on him,” the neighbor is heard saying to police on body camera video. On Tuesday early evening, the victim told police Dragon appeared at his front door while he slept and as his terrified children were inside, recording with a cell phone. “I'll burn your (expletive) house down!” Dragon said.

Dragon allegedly kicked at the door and could be heard repeatedly using the n-word and profanities against the family and threatening to kill them. “He threatened to kill me and my daughter,” the neighbor told police. Police say Dragon, who they are very familiar with, tried to take off as he was handcuffed and later kicked the inside of the patrol car doors. They say Dragon was enraged that he was being arrested. “You said you were going to kill them, Gary. You said you were going to set their house on fire. What are we supposed to do about that?” an officer asked."

Now, usually, when a guy is resisting arrest, an arrest that resulted from him threatening to kill a whole family (including little children) -- that person usually gets shot or at the least tasered.....not the case here...in fact, looking at the body cam footage; police were very reluctant to even arrest the guy....which is already clear considering this is the 11TH time they were called behind him making threats...as the article said, they were very familiar with him...and furthermore this guy had such a delusion of privilege, that he was outraged that he was even getting arrested...I mean, I guess you get that sense of privilege if after the 10th time of doing something, nothing happens...Were they waiting for him to actually make it in the house and start killing people? What would they have done then? Wait 40 or 50 minutes before going in??

And as for the homeowner, why the fuck are you so patient?? Did you not get the hint after the 3rd or 4th time you called the police and nothing was done?? You should have clearly grabbed your gun and shot this asshole dead and used stand your ground as your defense...because you have documented proof of earlier threats along with the current threat he is posing....kill him....protect yourself and your family....let the police sort it out later....Unless this guy was afraid his right to defend himself would be viewed differently by the cops than it would have been if the roles were reversed.
That's an easy equation to solve...Gary comes on my property...Gary's ass would be a screen door.

Tell me would the have been justified if he would have shot this cat.

Being that he was arrested without getting killed, I'd say no but I also say the same in many other cases where people are shot and others cheer.

Is a long sentence justified? Yes. Hopefully where he can get treated for his problems.

And as for the homeowner, why the fuck are you so patient?? Did you not get the hint after the 3rd or 4th time you called the police and nothing was done?? You should have clearly grabbed your gun and shot this asshole dead and used stand your ground as your defense...because you have documented proof of earlier threats along with the current threat he is posing....kill him....protect yourself and your family....let the police sort it out later....Unless this guy was afraid his right to defend himself would be viewed differently by the cops than it would have been if the roles were reversed.
Trying to break into a black family house. If he would of been black how much you want to bet he'd be dead.

Tell me would the homeowner have been justified if he would have shot this cat.
Taking care of the threat in my opinion might only be the beginning. Once they are dealt with, the only thing left to do is figure out how to deal with the authorities who obviously had zero intention of ever once lifting a finger.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

That's an easy equation to solve...Gary comes on my property...Gary's ass would be a screen door.

And Gabe Lackmann would go to prison.

You can't legally shoot someone for being on your property. Youo can't even legally shoot someone if he's kicking your door.

If he kicks the door open and steps inside, well, that's a different story altogether. But doing what you suggest will hand you a murder conviction...

You can't legally shoot someone for being on your property. Youo can't even legally shoot someone if he's kicking your door.

If he kicks the door open and steps inside, well, that's a different story altogether. But doing what you suggest will hand you a murder conviction...

If he's trying to kick in the door he's on your property, and THAT is why laws about standing your ground, particularly in your own house, are needed.

If he's trying to kick in the door he's on your property, and THAT is why laws about standing your ground, particularly in your own house, are needed.

In order to shoot someone you need to be in imminent danger.

If he's kicking your door, but he's on the other side of the door, you're not in imminent danger...

In order to shoot someone you need to be in imminent danger.

If he's kicking your door, but he's on the other side of the door, you're not in imminent danger...

Sorry, but why do you have to give the perp a chance to get into your house and a chance to close with you?

He's assaulting your property with the intent to enter illegally and angrily.

No jury would convict a person defending themselves for that.

Sorry, but why do you have to give the perp a chance to get into your house and a chance to close with you?

Why? Because the law says you can't shoot him if you're not in imminent danger, that's why...

He's assaulting your property with the intent to enter illegally and angrily.

With the exception of the protection of nuclear weapons, deadly force is not authorized to protect property...

No jury would convict a person defending themselves for that.

Yeah, they would.

If you shoot through your front door and kill the person on the other side who's been kicking it, you will be charged in his death, and you'll be found guilty.

Why?

Because if the guy is still on the other side of the door, you're not in imminent danger. Period. You can't spin it any other way...

Why? Because the law says you can't shoot him if you're not in imminent danger, that's why...

With the exception of the protection of nuclear weapons, deadly force is not authorized to protect property...

Yeah, they would.

If you shoot through your front door and kill the person on the other side who's been kicking it, you will be charged in his death, and you'll be found guilty.

Why?

Because if the guy is still on the other side of the door, you're not in imminent danger. Period. You can't spin it any other way...

So you have to put yourself in danger to save yourself....

And that's why people fucking hate gun grabbing twats like you.

Why not just bend over and let the bad guy fuck you up the ass?

Actively breaking down a barrier between said criminal say your family IS imminent danger. The act of violence is being perpetrated.

Suck a dick, dipshit.

You made this statement:

"That's an easy equation to solve...Gary comes on my property...Gary's ass would be a screen door."

Nothing there says anything about him coming into your house. You said if he comes on your property.

You'd be in the wrong if you shoot someone for stepping on your property.

You're exactly thee type of gun owner the left wants to subject to mental health screenings...
I think you need to calm down.

It's not my fault you can't read a sentence.

You're a fucking idiot.

I own over 40 firearms. I'm a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment and will happily rebel against any government agency which attempts to take my guns.

So go fuck yourself, dumbass.

I'm simply stating what the law is, and what the use of deadly force calls for. I didn't come up with this, I simply know it. You're having a conniption over the fact that I know information that you don't. You have to be a special kind of retard to do that.

I know that you'll be arrested and charged, and likely convicted, if you kill someone by shooting through a closed door. That's not my opinion, nor is that what I think will happen. It's what will happen.

In general that is true. In this case the man would have a very good defense. He had called the cops 10 times and they did nothing. He wasn't just beating on the door, he was threatening the home owner also.

In the state of Georgia you can shoot someone who is trying to kick down your door.

You're a fucking idiot.

I own over 40 firearms. I'm a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment and will happily rebel against any government agency which attempts to take my guns.

So go fuck yourself, dumbass.

I'm simply stating what the law is, and what the use of deadly force calls for. I didn't come up with this, I simply know it. You're having a conniption over the fact that I know information that you don't. You have to be a special kind of retard to do that.

I know that you'll be arrested and charged, and likely convicted, if you kill someone by shooting through a closed door. That's not my opinion, nor is that what I think will happen. It's what will happen.

A door they are breaking their way through, into your own house?

Forum List

Back