Kill the innocent, but not the guilty?

GotZoom said:
Public beheading, drawn and quartering - let's make prison and being put to death a gruesome, unpleasant experience.

Then it might be a deterrent.

Heck, Queen Mary did that to people just for not being Catholic. The reverse was true with other monarchs. And the Tower of London was no picnic.

Nuc said:
Yep, but why do we as a society allow someone like this to get a drivers license in the first case or keep it after so much abuse? Cars are as or more dangerous as guns. WTF is wrong with this process and why is nobody doing anything about it?

I think the point is that he was probably also driving without a license.

Nuc said:
Yep, but why do we as a society allow someone like this to get a drivers license in the first case or keep it after so much abuse? Cars are as or more dangerous as guns. WTF is wrong with this process and why is nobody doing anything about it?

he got his license at 16....he had done no wrong.....then his first dui....suspension punishment etc....then 3, 4 ,5 ,6, 7....you cant get a license or insurance after the 3rd....doesn't stop em...jail would....but until they kill someone they don't go to jail

Nuc said:

Perhaps everyone feels he paid his debt to society by paying fines, taking classes, etc.

However, his behavior didn't change. Giving him a driver's license is not what killed that woman. It was his repeated irresponsible behavior.

Nuc said:
Yes most people can say they got a raw deal or a bad draw of the cards in life, but we are all responsible for ourselves. We are fortunate to live in a country where we can make ourselves. But it's a big responsibility.

Yes it is. Unfortunately, there are quite a few who are not up to the challenge.

MissileMan said:
I think the point is that he was probably also driving without a license.

Must have wonderful family and friends who let him get away with that. Yikes! Stop me before I hurt myself!

Abbey Normal said:
I'm so sorry, KP, that you had to experience these things. You are very generous to us with your life story. :bow2:

Just wanted to give some background for why I believe in the death penalty.

Thanks for your support Abbey.

Jesus! I walked away for one second and there are like 80 new posts.

Some of those last meals sound pretty damn good. They get whatever they want don't they? I'm in college and I don't eat nearly that well. I had a ramen noodle cup for lunch today.

Nuc said:
Must have wonderful family and friends who let him get away with that. Yikes! Stop me before I hurt myself!

i would also doubt that he has family or friends as he more than likely drove them off with his irresponsible behaviour

kurtsprincess said:
Perhaps everyone feels he paid his debt to society by paying fines, taking classes, etc.

However, his behavior didn't change. Giving him a driver's license is not what killed that woman. It was his repeated irresponsible behavior.

...and Demon Alcohol

(an old Kinks record)

kurtsprincess said:
Yes it is. Unfortunately, there are quite a few who are not up to the challenge.

Actually there is an incredible amount of anxiety in the modern world because people have so many choices in life and can't deal with them. In primitive societies your lot in life is determined by sex, caste or class, even position in birth order. For some people that's a lot easier to deal with than the blank slate we are born with in modern America.

Hagbard Celine said:
Jesus! I walked away for one second and there are like 80 new posts.

Some of those last meals sound pretty damn good. They get whatever they want don't they? I'm in college and I don't eat nearly that well. I had a ramen noodle cup for lunch today.

oh crap he took the lords name in vain.....god help us where this thread will go now.

tony stewart is leading :)

GotZoom said:
Maybe if I ask the question it might be clearer.

Why?

A meal of your favorite foods would be enjoyable. I like to think that it adds to the regret of the nearly departed because they realize that they will never again savor a delicious meal.

MissileMan said:
A meal of your favorite foods would be enjoyable. I like to think that it adds to the regret of the nearly departed because they realize that they will never again savor a delicious meal.

Well, by all means, let's make sure there is something enjoyable for them.

They have had plenty of opportunity to realize they will never savor a delicious meal.

They should be fed bread and water for the entire time they are in there.

They eat better than quite a few innocent people do.

And they eat better than their dead victim and his/her family.

Nuc said:
Actually there is an incredible amount of anxiety in the modern world because people have so many choices in life and can't deal with them. In primitive societies your lot in life is determined by sex, caste or class, even position in birth order. For some people that's a lot easier to deal with than the blank slate we are born with in modern America.

As I said, there are many who are not up for the challenge of creating themselves..............in spite of their circumstances.

Forum List

Back