Kids Polls: Obama leads Romney in Swing States

Kids Polls: Obama leads Romney 6% in Colorado, Florida, Nevada, and Ohio

The kids have spoken! The winner of the Scholastic Student Vote is President Barack Obama, the Democratic nominee, with 51 percent of the vote. The Republican nominee, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, received 45 percent of the vote, while 4 percent of kids voted for other people.

The voters have spoken: With an averaging of the 24 latest polls showing Mitt Romney holding a narrow 3% lead. According to all 24 polls Mitt Romney is making gains both nationally and in the swing states.

<snip>

A GOOD PREDICTOR?

The Scholastic Student Vote may not be official, but its results have often indicated who eventually wins the presidential race. Scholastic has conducted the student mock vote during every presidential election since 1940. The results of the student vote have mirrored the actual outcome of all but two elections—1948, when kids voted for Thomas E. Dewey over Harry S. Truman, and 1960, when they selected Richard M. Nixon over John F. Kennedy

Kids Polls: Obama leads Romney 6% in Colorado, Florida, Nevada, and Ohio - New York economy and politics | Examiner.com

They are a good predictor because they generally vote as their parents vote. They can be wrong in close elections though. The two they were wrong in were extremely close.

The kids have spoken! The winner of the Scholastic Student Vote is President Barack Obama, the Democratic nominee, with 51 percent of the vote. The Republican nominee, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, received 45 percent of the vote, while 4 percent of kids voted for other people.

The voters have spoken: With an averaging of the 24 latest polls showing Mitt Romney holding a narrow 3% lead. According to all 24 polls Mitt Romney is making gains both nationally and in the swing states.

<snip>

A GOOD PREDICTOR?

The Scholastic Student Vote may not be official, but its results have often indicated who eventually wins the presidential race. Scholastic has conducted the student mock vote during every presidential election since 1940. The results of the student vote have mirrored the actual outcome of all but two elections—1948, when kids voted for Thomas E. Dewey over Harry S. Truman, and 1960, when they selected Richard M. Nixon over John F. Kennedy

Kids Polls: Obama leads Romney 6% in Colorado, Florida, Nevada, and Ohio - New York economy and politics | Examiner.com

These kids made this video themselves:cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuCaWYvpVZg]Voices Without A Vote - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
you know, even if i weren't voting for the president, i'd want to see romney lose just b/c you loons talk such nonsense:

perhaps a civics lesson would help you... aside from the fact that self-reported polls on CNN's website aren't scientific samples and are therefore irrelevant... the percentage of popular vote is not the only criteria for a win. you might recall from somewhere in the deep recesses of your obamaderanged brain that we have something called the electoral college... now, if there were a huge difference in numbers, that might not matter... here, other than in one poll, the race is very close... which increases the importance of the state tally...

as of right now ... obama 201 electoral votes... mittens... 191

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012

if i were you, i wouldn't go buying the champagne yet...

oh wait... in your case, better make that budweister.

Ah, yes, the electoral college. RCP has Obama at 201 votes, down from 251 a few days ago, and Romney at 191 up from 181 a few days ago.

Clearly, the momentum was toward Romney going into the debate, and the CNN poll, which is as scientific as any of the other polls, clearly showed that while Obama may have won the debate on debate performance and likability, Romney won the debate on substance, and that means the momentum in this race will continue to be toward a Romney victory.

Perhaps you should start out whispering it, President Romney, President Romney, President Romney, until you develop the confidence to say it out loud.

romney has been at 191 for a while and hasn't moved the dial.

yes...the president is at 201 now... but everyone expected things to tighten.

well, any thinking person, anyway.

as for your 'president romney' nonsense... i'm sure that amuses you.

it's not debate.

it's not true.

it's fantasy on your part.

but you think it's annoying so you do it.

it's not annoying per se. it is, however, pathetic.

my son is going to be 15 next week and is better behaved..

but knock yourself out. i can see where you'd like a smirking twit like romney.

btw...note: if you're thanked by bedwetter, you can be pretty sure your post was nothing more than a troll.

AW poor little jillyidiot has to make a proclamation in advance about others being thanked. Jealous much, jillyidiot? Aside from getting hope from a kid's poll, she obsesses over my post count. She also obsesses over who I thank. It must be rough be a dethroned former moderator now. From what I see and hear, she spends her days trolling through threads "negging" people that she doesn't like based on who they are... not what they say.

Ironically her pal Valerie always shows up in minutes and mindlessly and brainlessly joins in attacking people not even knowing why she does it. Oh wait because "it's her friend" as she stated. The hell with who is right or wrong! They do their best work tag-teaming and attacking people in the Flame Zone.

Pretty sad in a way. Now when pitiful jillidiot wakes up, she'll find even more people who disagreed with her. She likely post a few quick sarcastic qwerps mocking them, likely using the word rightwingnut as well.

She's as predictable as yesterday's weather, as child-like as Pee Wee Herman and as dumb as a brick....no offence to bricks.

:cool:

<snip>

A GOOD PREDICTOR?

They are a good predictor because they generally vote as their parents vote. They can be wrong in close elections though. The two they were wrong in were extremely close.

i know that. You know that. But then again, your IQ isn't double digit and you're not a troll.

Funny that, huh?

Apparently, it upset them so much that they feel the need to bump the thread to troll it. Cool. :thup:

Ah, yes, the electoral college. RCP has Obama at 201 votes, down from 251 a few days ago, and Romney at 191 up from 181 a few days ago.

Clearly, the momentum was toward Romney going into the debate, and the CNN poll, which is as scientific as any of the other polls, clearly showed that while Obama may have won the debate on debate performance and likability, Romney won the debate on substance, and that means the momentum in this race will continue to be toward a Romney victory.

Perhaps you should start out whispering it, President Romney, President Romney, President Romney, until you develop the confidence to say it out loud.

it's not debate.

it's not true.

btw...note: if you're thanked by bedwetter, you can be pretty sure your post was nothing more than a troll.

AW poor little jillyidiot has to make a proclamation in advance about others being thanked. Jealous much, jillyidiot? Aside from getting hope from a kid's poll, she obsesses over my post count. She also obsesses over who I thank. It must be rough be a dethroned former moderator now. From what I see and hear, she spends her days trolling through threads "negging" people that she doesn't like based on who they are... not what they say.

Ironically her pal Valerie always shows up in minutes and mindlessly and brainlessly joins in attacking people not even knowing why she does it. Oh wait because "it's her friend" as she stated. The hell with who is right or wrong! They do their best work tag-teaming and attacking people in the Flame Zone.

Pretty sad in a way. Now when pitiful jillidiot wakes up, she'll find even more people who disagreed with her. She likely post a few quick sarcastic qwerps mocking them, likely using the word rightwingnut as well.

She's as predictable as yesterday's weather, as child-like as Pee Wee Herman and as dumb as a brick....no offence to bricks.

You should get your obsession looked at, it's distracting you from your political trolling.

Well no kidding. obama promises them something for nothing, and that's what kids are used to, getting there needs met by their parents. Too bad for them though that they have to grow up, join the work force, and learn to take responsibility for themeselves and their own lives, and obama's policies make that difficult.

<snip>

A GOOD PREDICTOR?

i know that. You know that. But then again, your IQ isn't double digit and you're not a troll.

Funny that, huh?

Apparently, it upset them so much that they feel the need to bump the thread to troll it. Cool. :thup:

Or to expose your stupidity. :clap2: Poor jillyidiot...no one is buying into her Romper Room polling methods. She totally overlooks the Colorado study that has 100% accuracy. It doesn't fit her "leftwingnut" agenda. :D

Last edited:

it's not debate.

it's not true.

You should get your obsession looked at, it's distracting you from your political trolling.

OK "Valeravi" :lol:

This could have been a fun thread!
Anyhow, my daughter came home from school yesterday and told me if Romney was elected president he was going to take funding away for females to have 'tampons and pads'.

Anyhow, my daughter came home from school yesterday and told me if Romney was elected president he was going to take funding away for females to have 'tampons and pads'.

I don't know how old or young your daughter is but why is that being discussed in school?

I think Ohio will go for Obama. I live in Ohio and as I drive through rural Ohio( GOP Stronghold) I see Obama signs in front yards about a 10 to 1 ratio for Obama.

Yeah, ohio's brightest and best.

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio&hd=1"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio&hd=1[/ame]

Last edited:

I don't know how old or young your daughter is but why is that being discussed in school?

Probably has to do with Planned Parenthood. She is in middle school.
They (her friends) were also talking about the demise of Big Bird.

<snip>

A GOOD PREDICTOR?

LTT; Mitt Romney is trying to kill Bid Bird
TT; Who told you that?!
LTT; My teacher.

Even with teachers lying to kids during school hours, obama got just 51%.

not sure this is good or bad news. Since liberals love being lied to, and never ever question anything they are told by their betters.

I think Ohio will go for Obama. I live in Ohio and as I drive through rural Ohio( GOP Stronghold) I see Obama signs in front yards about a 10 to 1 ratio for Obama.

Yeah, ohio's brightest and best.

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio&hd=1"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio&hd=1[/ame]

There is no need to insult Ohio, Don''t worry GOP voter suppression machine has been doing very well for the past 15 years.

Probably has to do with Planned Parenthood. She is in middle school.
They (her friends) were also talking about the demise of Big Bird.

Kind of any odd mix....Planned Parenthood and Big Bird.

Forum List

Back