Kids of lesbians have fewer behavioral problems, study suggests

Thanks for the Reminder, Dumptruck!...

Dr. Nanette Gartrell, the author of the study, wrote that the "funding sources played no role in the design or conduct of the study."

"My personal investment is in doing reputable research," said Gartrell. "This is a straightforward statistical analysis. It will stand and it has withstood very rigorous peer review by the people who make the decision whether or not to publish it."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/16/fashion/weddings/16moss.html

Dr. Diane Mosbacher and Dr. Nanette Kathryn Gartrell were married Thursday at the Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, in Victoria, British Columbia. Sharon Russell, a marriage commissioner in the province of British Columbia, officiated.

16MOSB.jpg

:lol:

Yeah, TOTALLY Fucking Objective Source for this Study!...

:)

peace...

say it again. we missed it the first six times.

Touchy... Kinda took the Steam out of this Groundbreaking Study, didn't it... :lol:

peace...

I think I would need to hear the "oral" arguments before believing this study.

I wonder how well they matched up other factors in this small sample? Income, relationship stability, education level, exposure to drugs and alcohol in utero, daycare vs stay at home, daycare vs another daycare, breast or bottle, neighborhood, the list goes on and on.

I think you need a bigger study sample. I'm very suspicious, anyways, with this type of research. Often researchers find the result that fits their own political agenda. Not to say that lesbians can't raise well adjusted kids, but I take this with a grain of salt.

You bring up some good points to check....not just "OH NOES!!! THEYS LESBIANS DOING THIS STUDY!!!"

Ya.. I was thinking something similar.

They certainly fingered the correct people to do the study.

Almost as good as the guy/study you brought to the table.

I wonder if it was peer reviewed...the CNN article says it was, with the questionnaire data available...data over a 20+ year period.

But, I would like to see its results disputed....and the basis of disputing it.

I think lezbo kids are better behaved because they have two mommies instead of just one making them to behave and wash their hands. Common sense.
Well...it beats having a drunken absentee daddy at times as I've heard.

Thanks for the Reminder, Dumptruck!...

Dr. Nanette Gartrell, the author of the study, wrote that the "funding sources played no role in the design or conduct of the study."

"My personal investment is in doing reputable research," said Gartrell. "This is a straightforward statistical analysis. It will stand and it has withstood very rigorous peer review by the people who make the decision whether or not to publish it."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/16/fashion/weddings/16moss.html

Dr. Diane Mosbacher and Dr. Nanette Kathryn Gartrell were married Thursday at the Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, in Victoria, British Columbia. Sharon Russell, a marriage commissioner in the province of British Columbia, officiated.

16MOSB.jpg

:lol:

Yeah, TOTALLY Fucking Objective Source for this Study!...

peace...

Touchy... Kinda took the Steam out of this Groundbreaking Study, didn't it... :lol:

peace...

stupid isn't funny

Almost as good as the guy/study you brought to the table.

I wonder if it was peer reviewed...the CNN article says it was, with the questionnaire data available...data over a 20+ year period.

But, I would like to see its results disputed....and the basis of disputing it.

I think lezbo kids are better behaved because they have two mommies instead of just one making them to behave and wash their hands. Common sense.
Well...it beats having a drunken absentee daddy at times as I've heard.

Get it out, Honey... It will help you Deal... :lol:

peace...

peace...

stupid isn't funny

I wasn't Trying to be Funny earlier... And you weren't Trying to be Honest in your Analysis of Repetition either...

Bodey has me Beat in the Repeat in this Thread, and did when you Bitched about my Response to her Regurgitation...

^That's not meant to be Funny either. ;)

Nor do I Expect you to Take the Talking Dumptruck to Task on this Issue...

It's Apparently Special to you as it is her.

What you will NOT see me doing is Quoting Focus on the Family on this Issue, and I will Take them to Task the same way I did this Lesbian Activist and the Organizations that Funded her Talking Point that CNN was so Willing to Parrot.

Give it some Thought this time, del... You Might Learn yerself sumpin'. :lol:

Or continue Chewing on Paint Chips... It's your Choice, Mort.

peace...

peace...

stupid isn't funny

I wasn't Trying to be Funny earlier... And you weren't Trying to be Honest in your Analysis of Repetition either...

Bodey has me Beat in the Repeat in this Thread, and did when you Bitched about my Response to her Regurgitation...

What you will NOT see me doing is Quoting Focus on the Family on this Issue, and I will Take them to Task the same way I did this Lesbian Activist and the Organizations that Funded her Talking Point that CNN was so Willing to Parrot.

peace...

no.

stupid isn't funny

peace...

no.

Hope I didn't keep you from Serious Business earlier Today in my Delayed Response...

And Thank you for your Timely Response... :clap2:

peace...

peace...

no.

Hope I didn't keep you from Serious Business earlier Today in my Delayed Response...

And Thank you for your Timely Response... :clap2:

peace...

whatever floats your boat, corky.

Something interesting.....

the Author of the Study is this woman..... Nanette Gartrell, M.D...... the woman pictured on the left....

Her spouse...,. the woman pictured on the right... is Dee Mosbacher, MD.

So... what we have is a Lesbian doing a favorable study on .... LESBIANS!!!

Wow... thats credible.

In other news.... BP investigated BP and found they are not responsible for the oil spill.

Totally different than conservatives doing a negative study on:
Gays
Lesbians
Liberals
Mexicans
Blacks
Universities
Scientists
Artists
Musicians
Writers

Basically anything not white and Christian.

Amazing, my husband is a conservative and a musician at the same time!!!! I wonder how he pulls that off???? :eek:

Something interesting.....

the Author of the Study is this woman..... Nanette Gartrell, M.D...... the woman pictured on the left....

Her spouse...,. the woman pictured on the right... is Dee Mosbacher, MD.

So... what we have is a Lesbian doing a favorable study on .... LESBIANS!!!

Wow... thats credible.

In other news.... BP investigated BP and found they are not responsible for the oil spill.

Totally different than conservatives doing a negative study on:
Gays
Lesbians
Liberals
Mexicans
Blacks
Universities
Scientists
Artists
Musicians
Writers

Basically anything not white and Christian.

Bigoted much?...

peace...

Yeah... 78 examples really proves a point :rolleyes:

Meanwhile Ravi and her ilk are arguing that statistics that show Homosexual families suffer more suicides has no proof.

It's because they like their Biased Source better...

It Reinforces the Conclusions they had already come to before Reading ANY Evidence.

Of course it makes sense that (2) Women would make Better Parents than a Mother and Father...

We should Outlaw Heterosexual Parenting... It's the Obvious Conclusion.

peace...

Forum List

Back