Kid Rock Insults LGBT Service Members With Crass 4th of July Meme

If KR wasen't able to ripoff music by artists like Skynard, he'd be be lucky to be able to earn a living tending bar in some gin mill.

Guy is an idiot.
I'm pretty sure after he hit it big with Cowboy, he never needed to work another day in his life, if he didn't want to. Most of his shit is original, and he does sample a lot less than most rappers and other modern hip-hop folks. I had a buddy in college that was friends with Matthew Shafer, (Uncle Kracker - Wikipedia) and that guy is sort of close to Rock, so this buddy made me listen to A LOT of Rock's shit, whether I wanted to or not.

I can't say it is really my bag, but he isn't the worst thing out there. . .

lol

So, no, if you knew what you were talking about, you would know, KR doesn't, "ripoff," music. Nor does he sample shit nearly as much as most rappers do.

I'm pretty sure after he hit it big with Cowboy, he never needed to work another day in his life, if he didn't want to. Most of his shit is original, and he does sample a lot less than most rappers and other modern hip-hop folks. I had a buddy in college that was friends with Matthew Shafer, (Uncle Kracker - Wikipedia) and that guy is sort of close to Rock, so this buddy made me listen to A LOT of Rock's shit, whether I wanted to or not.

I can't say it is really my bag, but he isn't the worst thing out there. . .

lol

So, no, if you knew what you were talking about, you would know, KR doesn't, "ripoff," music. Nor does he sample shit nearly as much as most rappers do.
Don't care what he does. I don't listen to anyone who "samples". The artists I listen to don't need to.

Kid Rock has never served his nation in the military, he is yet another empty shell of a Republican.

But I can tell you this, he went on USO tours every year for over a dozen years in the Middle East. Even when he was high on the charts, for no money.

How many "Democrat Entertainers" did that? Damned few. And tell me, do you get so upset at Democrats that do not serve?

For some reason, I doubt it.

How about covers?
Pointless argument.

I was going to continue it, but it is about politics, not facts.

Rock's biggest hit is with Sheryl Crow, a complete original. It won't change the opinion of folks that don't base their reality on their perception and politics rather than empirical facts.

Why?

The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Van Halen, David Bowie, even Phil Collins did a hell of a lot of covers.

I myself do not care much for sampling, but there can be some skill in that also. Especially when one takes two completely different 1970's songs and blends them into their own.
No no no, you misunderstand me.

I agree with you. But it is pointless to try to convince someone, that has already decided to hate Kid Rock based on his politics. They don't care, and have already made up their minds, on their opinions of his music, based on their exposure to maybe, one or two percent of his catalog.

Like I said, before, I knew a guy that was personal friends with Uncle Kracker, who is close to Kid Rock. I used to be very familiar with a lot of his stuff, whether I wanted to be or not. It is not really my type of stuff, but, OTH, after being exposed to a lot of it, whether I wanted to or not, I can, conclusively say, in an unbiased way, the way folks that, sit there and nit-pick or disparage his stuff, simply haven't listened to the majority of it.

They heard a few of the big hits on the radio, and just assumed the rest of it was all like the big hits.

You aren't going to tell them otherwise. They hate his politics, so they aren't going to listen.

My biggest beef with his shit, is not his collaboration with other well known artists, or his sampling. I loath that he uses auto-tune in much too much of his most popular stuff.
Maybe he just doesn't have the chops? That has always been my opinion.

But yeah, he sure as hell can write a great tune. IMO? Bawitdaba is pure gold. Nothing unoriginal about that.

No no no, you misunderstand me.

I agree with you. But it is pointless to try to convince someone, that has already decided to hate Kid Rock based on his politics. They don't care, and have already made up their minds, on their opinions of his music, based on their exposure to maybe, one or two percent of his catalog.

Like I said, before, I knew a guy that was personal friends with Uncle Kracker, who is close to Kid Rock. I used to be very familiar with a lot of his stuff, whether I wanted to be or not. It is not really my type of stuff, but, OTH, after being exposed to a lot of it, whether I wanted to or not, I can, conclusively say, in an unbiased way, the way folks that, sit there and nit-pick or disparage his stuff, simply haven't listened to the majority of it.

They heard a few of the big hits on the radio, and just assumed the rest of it was all like the big hits.

You aren't going to tell them otherwise. They hate his politics, so they aren't going to listen.

My biggest beef with his shit, is not his collaboration with other well known artists, or his sampling. I loath that he uses auto-tune in much too much of his most popular stuff.
Maybe he just doesn't have the chops? That has always been my opinion.

But yeah, he sure as hell can write a great tune. IMO? Bawitdaba is pure gold. Nothing unoriginal about that.
I have struggled to understand why SOOO many other entertainers love this guy.
Bob Segar chose him to introduce him when he was inducted in the Hall of Fame, and Kid has made several stop bys during Segar's concerts. Kid Rock seems to know everyone in the business, and everyone in the business knows him.
I have listened to several-several songs by him, and I don't really get. Yeah Bawitdaba is got something to it.. but so many others he just "cheats" with auto tuners.
I don't dislike him or like him... just doesn't do anything for me musically.

No, you attacked Kid Rock, saying he has no right to freedom of speech, no right to the civil liberties guaranteed in the Bill of Rights, because he didn't serve in the military, which is absolutely bullshit. You know that.

Kid Rock, was only pointing out, that the whole point of the 4th, was to celebrate our liberty and independence. And it would not exist w/o the 2a, nor would any of the other civil rights and civil liberties that the leftists seem to hate.

Enough with your hypocrisy. If you didn't have double standards? You would have no standards at all.

6lvl9y.jpg

Kid Rock attacked serving Military Members. They may come between him being free or not. When that time comes, I guess we need to figure out the tally and only protect those that didn't attack the individual military members. In a Foxhole, there are no Athiests, therefore, War doesn't care if you sucked a cock last night or not.

A federal Cop shot and killed an unarmed female Veteran who posed no threat on Jan 6 but the left worries about a " crass Kid Rock meme" that allegedly insults the less than 1% of activist homosexual Veterans? Give me a freaking break.

I don't dislike him or like him... just doesn't do anything for me musically.
Yeah, he doesn't do a lot for me musically either.

I'm just not a big fan of rap.

As far as him knowing a lot of folks in the business?

I don't know about that. I don't pay a lot of attention to celebrity.

I can say, other than NY, California, and Tennessee, Michigan has probably one of the largest music scenes in the nation. It is close to Chicago, which next to LA and Houston, hosts one of the biggest blues fests, and being home to Motown, for some reason or other, a disproportionate number of big musicians come out of Michigan.

Bob Segar is from Michigan. So, that is where you get that connection. They would both know folks in the auto industry as well.

Kid Rock attacked serving Military Members. They may come between him being free or not. When that time comes, I guess we need to figure out the tally and only protect those that didn't attack the individual military members. In a Foxhole, there are no Athiests, therefore, War doesn't care if you sucked a cock last night or not.
Read the tweet.

6lvhhz.jpg

Now tell me how it attacks individual folks serving in the military!

Read the tweet.

6lvhhz.jpg

Now tell me how it attacks individual folks serving in the military!

It does not attack the military at all. You and others are trying to shove this into something it simply does not belong.

By that token, somebody making a statement about anything qualifies. Me, I stick to exactly what was said or written, not some back-bending pretzel contorting stretch to try and make it out to be more than it is.

This is not about anything other than the fanatical anti-gun nuts. Nothing more, and nothing less.

By that token, any post condemning those that own guns can be taken as an attack on the military because many of them own guns. Shall we use this exact same logic, and attack in the reverse?

This is why I find politics silly and distasteful. No logic need apply, only raw emotion and hatred.

As for your demand that I "tell you how it attacks individual folks in the military", I have absolutely no freaking idea. I see no attack there, and think that anybody that sees one is mentally challenged or impaired.

Forum List

Back