Kicking Arabs In The Teeth

Pale Rider said:
None of America's security should be in foriegn hands. If it is already, that should be changed.

Not do business with muslim's? Not for security.

I agree---I'm unaware of any security that is not in American hands.

dilloduck said:
You claimed I didnt address the anti-muslim issue--I did.
#74:

DILLO said:
Hell--why not cut to the chase and decide once and for if we are going to do business with Muslims ar not. Then we can expand that conversation to incude communist countries etc.

Stop trying to label those that disagree with you are racist. Profiling perhaps? :dunno: I take it you are against profiling?

Kathianne said:
#74:

Stop trying to label those that disagree with you are racist. Profiling perhaps? :dunno: I take it you are against profiling?

post 74 simply states if everyone here is do damn freaked by muslims then it outta be debated.

Profiling is FINE. This company has been profiled already and vetted. Like an Arab who has been yanked from the line and strip searched. You just don't want him on the plane. You don't like the vetting process--no problem--it is going to be repeated.

dilloduck said:
post 74 simply states if everyone here is do damn freaked by muslims then it outta be debated.

Profiling is FINE. This company has been profiled already and vetted. Like an Arab who has been yanked from the line and strip searched. You just don't want him on the plane. You don't like the vetting process--no problem--it is going to be repeated.

No, post 74 made it very clear that it was 'Arab' that caused the problem.When in actuality it was the UAE broohaha that brought all the foreign ownership up as a concern.

Kathianne said:
No, post 74 made it very clear that it was 'Arab' that caused the problem.When in actuality it was the UAE broohaha that brought all the foreign ownership up as a concern.

It certainly was intended by the left to make it appear as though the president was lax on national security because an ARAB/MUSLIM/TERRORIST country wanted to invest in American ports. The sure as hell weren't bitching because any other country was running or owned anything.

dilloduck said:
It certainly was intended by the left to make it appear as though the president was lax on national security because an ARAB/MUSLIM/TERRORIST country wanted to invest in American ports. The sure as hell weren't bitching because any other country was running or owned anything.
Perhaps more importantly, why is the administration remaining tone deaf to the concerns of the citizens? Why aren't we out front about taking back our security?

I DO know that if you go to Dubai, YOU cannot buy any property whatsoever. If you go to France, you will probably NOT be able to become a French citizen. If you go to China, you cannot google the word 'freedom.'

When is it ok for Americans to claim some rights, here, I mean, in America.

It's the government, not the people which appears unconcerned about our borders; frisking grandma at the airport, but allowing 28 year old, Muhammed through, or face the wrath of CAIR!

Kathianne said:
Perhaps more importantly, why is the administration remaining tone deaf to the concerns of the citizens? Why aren't we out front about taking back our security?

I DO know that if you go to Dubai, YOU cannot buy any property whatsoever. If you go to France, you will probably NOT be able to become a French citizen. If you go to China, you cannot google the word 'freedom.'

When is it ok for Americans to claim some rights, here, I mean, in America.

It's the government, not the people which appears unconcerned about our borders; frisking grandma at the airport, but allowing 28 year old, Muhammed through, or face the wrath of CAIR!

And where is Congress? And where is American business? How can you say the administration is tone deaf on this issue when they have already backed down from previous postions and are willing compromise? Conservatives would LOVE to be able to blantantly profile. It is the very same people who are against profiling who are against this port deal. Now that outta tell you something.

dilloduck said:
And where is Congress? And where is American business? How can you say the administration is tone deaf on this issue when they have already backed down from previous postions and are willing compromise? Conservatives would LOVE to be able to blantantly profile. It is the very same people who are against profiling who are against this port deal. Now that outta tell you something.

Yep, Gonzales. Bush wants to grant amnesty and still not get the Southern border closed. I'm not arguing that there aren't plenty of companies and individuals that want to keep cheap labor sources and many of the rest of us would bitch when prices for vegetables skyrocketed, but that doesn't change the fact that it's just too damn dangerous.

I have said Xth number of times, set the quotas for Mexico as high as the government wants, but then enforce the immigration rules on ALL illegals.

Kathianne said:
Yep, Gonzales. Bush wants to grant amnesty and still not get the Southern border closed. I'm not arguing that there aren't plenty of companies and individuals that want to keep cheap labor sources and many of the rest of us would bitch when prices for vegetables skyrocketed, but that doesn't change the fact that it's just too damn dangerous.

I have said Xth number of times, set the quotas for Mexico as high as the government wants, but then enforce the immigration rules on ALL illegals.

National Security has a million subheadings, all of which have thier own unique problems and solutions. I would lock down our southern border in a heartbeat before I would deny the UAE the port lease. The vetting process for "illegals" ain't all that great when compared to the UAE.
While the both are of national security concern, trying to compare the problems is apples and oranges.

dilloduck said:
National Security has a million subheadings, all of which have thier own unique problems and solutions. I would lock down our southern border in a heartbeat before I would deny the UAE the port lease. The vetting process for "illegals" ain't all that great when compared to the UAE.
While the both are of national security concern, trying to compare the problems is apples and oranges.

While I'll take Tommy Franks observations regarding Dubai, I've yet to see one thing that is reassuring about the vetting process you hold in such esteem. Out of over 1k applications, CFIUS has turned down 1.

Kathianne said:
While I'll take Tommy Franks observations regarding Dubai, I've yet to see one thing that is reassuring about the vetting process you hold in such esteem. Out of over 1k applications, CFIUS has turned down 1.

Many retract thier offer to save face--China for one. Like I said--the CFIUS vettig process beats the hell out of the one you "go through" on our southern borders. Are you so suspicious of the UAE because of it's past or because of its ethinicty/religion.?"

dilloduck said:
Many retract thier offer to save face--China for one. Like I said--the CFIUS vettig process beats the hell out of the one you "go through" on our southern borders. Are you so suspicious of the UAE because of it's past or because of its ethinicty/religion.?"

Well the stuff about the Taleban was troublesome, I'll be glad if they were actually just spying, which makes as much sense as anything else in the ME, a very dangerous neighborhood.

The two 9/11 hijackers, less so. All countries have their nuts, but it does seem that the mullahs in the mosques are better at developing them.

Now the fact that they seem to have been a nexus in shipping nuclear plant parts to and from: Pakistan, Iran, Syria, North Korea...that I still find very troubling. Seems that they refused a request last year from US to stop a certain ship suspected of having nuclear components to Iran.

But heh, you have all the answers.

Kathianne said:
Well the stuff about the Taleban was troublesome, I'll be glad if they were actually just spying, which makes as much sense as anything else in the ME, a very dangerous neighborhood.

The two 9/11 hijackers, less so. All countries have their nuts, but it does seem that the mullahs in the mosques are better at developing them.

Now the fact that they seem to have been a nexus in shipping nuclear plant parts to and from: Pakistan, Iran, Syria, North Korea...that I still find very troubling. Seems that they refused a request last year from US to stop a certain ship suspected of having nuclear components to Iran.

But heh, you have all the answers.

and you mean that in a good way. I'm sure. Thank you so much! :rolleyes:

dilloduck said:
and you mean that in a good way. I'm sure. Thank you so much! :rolleyes:
As I'm sure you did this:

Are you so suspicious of the UAE because of it's past or because of its ethinicty/religion.?"
Dillo, you are a racist, which is why you keep trying to pin the label on others.

Well I for one will admit that the UAE being an arab entity is EXACTLY why I'm against them controlling ANYTHING in America. The M.E. is a damn cess pool of religous zealots, fanatics and terrorists, and until the time when they PROVE to the REST OF THE PEACEFUL WORLD, that they have finaly taken control of their own wildly blood thirsty jihadists and the like, they don't deserve to be in control of ANYTHING that concerns SECURITY.... ANYWHERE!

It also upsets me that whenever things like this come up, it always America that is scritinized, and no one else. And then we always come up with the short end of the stick. Why is that? Don't answer. I pretty much get why.

Pale Rider said:
Well I for one will admit that the UAE being an arab entity is EXACTLY why I'm against them controlling ANYTHING in America. The M.E. is a damn cess pool of religous zealots, fanatics and terrorists, and until the time when they PROVE to the REST OF THE PEACEFUL WORLD, that they have finaly taken control of their own wildly blood thirsty jihadists and the like, they don't deserve to be in control of ANYTHING that concerns SECURITY.... ANYWHERE!

It also upsets me that whenever things like this come up, it always America that is scritinized, and no one else. And then we always come up with the short end of the stick. Why is that? Don't answer. I pretty much get why.

So i guess when people claim that there is SOME racism occuring in response to the port deal they are exactly right!

Forum List

Back